One Step at a Time - September 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - September 2019

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] - ouch on your hand. Hope it's better. I love the Odd Couple. Have you ever seen the old movie with Jack Lemon & Walter Matthau. Love that movie! We just started watching a called 'Great News'. It's on Netflix but I think it used to be on regular TV? I don't know. It's funny so far. We are still watching Season 2 of The Good Place.

Rusty - hope you're having a happy time with the family.

What is everyone else up to? We ran to the grocery store this morning and have just done little stuff for the rest of the day. It's been nice actually.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi guys!
      [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], ouch! Hope you didn't break any bones with that window. Glad you enjoyed the show. Crying is good, healing. I've been doing more than my fair share lately.
      [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], sorry about the roast in the crock pot. I wonder what went wrong? Maybe not enough liquid? That would be my guess. I love my crock pot and can't wait to use it again. How sweet that your mom ate it anyway. Hope you had fun celebrating.
      [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I went grocery shopping today too. My small impromptu BBQ for tomorrow has become somewhat larger. There will now be 12 instead of 5. It's all good. I was busy with the baby tonight too. Erin and Dan went out so I went there to watch Logan. Took him out for a walk and one of the neighbors was going on about how cute Logan was and how she saw him earlier today with my husband. Took me a minute, but she thought I was his mom. I thanked her profusely for making my day, but explained that was my SIL and I was grandma. I think she was embarrassed, but I'm flattered.

PAuly, hope things are a little more settled at your job. How is Louie liking school? Can't believe he's that old already.

Waves to everyone.

Comment

You must be quite youthful looking [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] -What a compliment! That happened to me this week, too, but the mistake was made by a 5-year old boy so I'm not thinking I should let it go to my head :haha:!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          You must be quite youthful looking @Lizann -What a compliment! That happened to me this week, too, but the mistake was made by a 5-year old boy so I'm not thinking I should let it go to my head :haha:!
          :harhar:

I don't have to worry about that. I just have to worry about the fact that I look older than my husband who is 4 years older than I am!!!! :cuss: :rotlf: I really don't like having someone think I'm his mom!
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], I am petite and I think therein lies my youthfulness. I will take that compliment from anyone who would like to offer it. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], that would upset me as well.
            How was everyone's Labor Day? Ours was pretty good. A good end to summer. Lots of food oh and the desserts, yum. Spent some time in the pool as well. Hubby and I sat outside after everyone left and just relaxed and of course ate some more,

Comment

Hello Friends!!!

I had a wonderful time with my family and posted a picture of my mom, sister, niece and Emelia Jane on Facebook. She is such a little doll...just perfect. I could have held her all night. The birthday party was a blast....my nieces and nephews and their spouses/partners are all so lively and animated. I am truly blessed with an amazing family, and very aware that my drinking could have destroyed the wonderful relationships that I have with all of them.
              [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-You do NOT look older than your husband! You have beautiful skin, great hair and twinkly eyes.:heartbeat: Do you know how many times people have asked me if I were a mother or grandmother? I did NOT like it at all when someone asked me if I had grandchildren???? I thought, "Do I look THAT old?" LOL
              [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-darn you!
              I am petite and I think therein lies my youthfulness
              :heartbeat: So glad you and hubs had fun at the BBQ. I don't know what I did wrong with the pot roast but I believe I had enough liquid. I think I need to cook things on Medium instead of High. :-(
              [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-how is your hand??? Do you think you should have your doctor look at it?

Glassie-I hope you are having a magnificent time in Africa.
              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-where are you? Come out, Come out! I miss you!

A cheery hello and hug to our frequent lurker, peeker, and poster, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]....yup, who cares if the compliment came from a 5-year-old? It still counts! hahahahaha. I hope all is well in your world.

Ok, kids, I have to get to work. I am traveling to northern Wisconsin at dark o'clock tomorrow and I have a lot of work to get done before then so I better get moving. Happy AF Tuesday to everyone here.
              Last edited by Rusty; September 4, 2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                Had an ok Labor Day. Went out for a walk at a park. Then went to a concert at the university. Everyone was dressed up and I had on shorts and a tshirt. Messaged my dd1 and she said it was ok as she had been to a lot of concerts there. Finally saw someone else in shorts so went in hahaha...later dd1 called and said she had hit a curb and got a flat. I was already home and safe in my little sobriety self and did not want to go out. She had 2 boys with her and a gal, I said well haven't any of them changed a tire? So one of them had, but one of the nuts was of a different size than the rest, so had to go out anyway. Ended up they had messed up the nut so I headed to the parts store to get a tool...by the time I got back some mechanic type had helped them and gotten it off. I gave him $60 and went home. Made it home without stopping at the beer store but it was hell, let me tell ya..anyway.....Rusty, glad you having fun family time. Bring home some cheese from ol Wisconsin hehe......Lizann, glad you had a good bbq and time with Logan. Excellent on the Mom part! When my kids were little everyone thought I was their grandma....Nora, you do not look older than hub! You are very beautiful! And I have seen the old Odd Couple . Been awhile tho....well, off to the tire store to get dd1 a new tire....later...b

Comment

Happy Tuesday!!
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] have fun in Wisconsin! I laughed at the cheese comment. Do you have things that you like to pick up when you're traveling? I love getting things that are in keeping with the area. In Vermont hubby and I brought home maple butter and it is delicious!
                    [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]. I am impressed you can change a tire! I could probably just about handle calling AAA. Glad you over came the beer urge. Another day sober to add.

Had Logan today and we are tired. Went for my mammo, and now we wait, I'm praying I don't get called back. That happens a lot and makes me crazy.
                    Hey, Pauly, Nora, glassie, techie and anyone else who pops in. Have a great AF night.

Comment

Hello Friends!

It's been a long day and now I am off to the gym but thought I would pop in and say HELLOOO Before I leave at 4:30 AM tomorrow.
                      [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], I am from Wisconsin and I live in Wisconsin still and no, I won't be picking up any cheese. Hahah! I can get cheese whenever I want but I actually don't eat much of it at all. Oh yes, taking care of a toddler IS exhausting for sure. So glad you got some souvenirs from Vermont. Yes, I do like to pick things up when I am traveling outside of the US. :-)
                      [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I'm with Liz...I would be calling AAA as I have never changed a tire before....and I would rather not learn to do it. Tee hee! Great job of saying no to beer! Good for you.

Gotta run.... I hope everyone is having a peaceful AF night!

Comment

Hello all. Baby was here and now I need to get mom to bed.
                        I love Savannah!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello. When is Glassie coming home? I cant wait to hear of her adventures.
                          How is Wisconsin? The parts I have seen are beautiful.
                          Well, I had this horrible flash today of how I felt when I was drinking. So glad to be able to shake that off. Gave me the heebie jeebies. :eek-new:
                          Last edited by NoraC; September 5, 2018, 08:57 PM.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                            That is scary thought Nora. It is good to remember though. Glad you had a good time with Savannah......Rusty have a good trip!.....Lizann, the maple butter sounds delish....so my hand is almost back to normal Yay!. Good thing is I found out how to fix the window on youtube. Watched a show last night about Sitting Bull and a lady who painted him, the events leading up to wounded knee. Very sad stuff and I cried a little. No sad movies tonight...went out for a hike. Used a new walking stick that was in my friends truck who died. There were 2 new sticks. The one I have been using belongs to dd1, so I figured I might as well use one of the new ones. I was thinking I could get my woodburner out and write the names of the trails I go to on the stick and the date. It would be something the kids might like to pass down. Except I can't find my burner hahaha........b

Comment

I have been avoiding sad movies. Trying to watch comedies only. I think that is such a cool idea about burning the names of the trails on your walking stick. Really great idea. Now you just need to find where you packed your tool. LOL
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I think that's really neat to collect something from the area that you visit. How long does it take to get a call back on the mammogram? Thanks for the reminder, I really need to schedule a physical. I had the best time last night just holding Savannah. She was fight sleep so I took her in the other room and just rocked her and sang to her. Pretty soon I'll have to be chasing her like you do with Logan!

Rusty - I do love Wisconsin. And I do love cheese. LOL I am so glad that you had a good family visit.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X