X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Afternoon all
    Latest News Chez Satz :
    * Mother still demented but we moved her yesterday to a Nursing Home attached to a hospital - with 24 hour nursing care. The place is not luxurious but they are the best at what they do.
    It's kinda 'lived in' and a great buzz. Lots of old furniture & 'china cabinets' etc. (remember those ?)
    We are trying her with a room-mate and I have to say she was more then contented there last night when I left. Sitting watching Eastenders with her new mate Violet. Mother is called Rose - so a flowery twosome :haha: Even my brother - the harbinger of doom - said she was in great form....

* Young Satz is still sober. He got the fright of his life last relapse. Just couldn't come 'round without the doctor's help. I told him his body was breaking down just to drive home the message. Further evidence was when he tried to workout in the gym - almost collapsed. That seemed to be the final straw.
    He got bloods done and doc said to watch the liver as there are changes.
    He is at last worried of long term effects.

I remember Molls saying she stopped drinking long enough to get her bloods back to normal - so I hope that won't be what he does......
    Last edited by satz123; October 2, 2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Like this FULL OF CRAP - every house in Ireland had one !!!!
      But thinking back I can still see the little key and get that delicious wood smell when you opened it ......

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Afternoon all
        Latest News Chez Satz :
        * Mother still demented but we moved her yesterday to a Nursing Home attached to a hospital - with 24 hour nursing care. The place is not luxurious but they are the best at what they do.
        It's kinda 'lived in' and a great buzz. Lots of old furniture & 'china cabinets' etc. (remember those ?)
        We are trying her with a room-mate and I have to say she was more then contented there last night when I left. Sitting watching Eastenders with her new mate Violet. Mother is called Rose - so a flowery twosome :haha: Even my brother - the harbinger of doom - said she was in great form....

* Young Satz is still sober. He got the fright of his life last relapse. Just couldn't come 'round without the doctor's help. I told him his body was breaking down just to drive home the message. Further evidence was when he tried to workout in the gym - almost collapsed. That seemed to be the final straw.
        He got bloods done and doc said to watch the liver as there are changes.
        He is at last worried of long term effects.

I remember Molls saying she stopped drinking long enough to get her bloods back to normal - so I hope that won't be what he does......
        Satzy - good news on both fronts. I love that your Mom and her roommate have similar names.!

As for young Satz, hopefully that scare will stay with him. As for the liver, I remember a member here some years ago who was sober for some time but still posted now and then, saying that in spite of being sober for a few years, as she said, "her liver turned on her". So even tho' the liver numbers might get back to where they should be, that doesn't mean that it is okay to go back to torturing it with AL. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the liver filters ALL of the toxins and other substances that enter our bodies. Add air pollution, additives to our food, and cigarette smoke, just to name a few and poor old liver doesn't have a chance. Am so hoping that this time is it for YS and for all of you. You really could use a big break from it all!!!

Edited to add - that must have been very frightening for you with Young Satz not being able to come 'round. I truly hope you don't ever have to go through something like that again.
        Last edited by stirly-girly; October 2, 2018, 09:25 AM.
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Like this FULL OF CRAP - every house in Ireland had one !!!!
          But thinking back I can still see the little key and get that delicious wood smell when you opened it ......

Satzy - I ADORE china cabinets because I love old china and porcelain. And the smell, and the little key. I have wanted a china cabinet for years but didn't have the proper space to put one. I have a ton of antique Japanese Satsuma pieces - teacups, vases, etc., plus rose crystal water glasses and serving plates from my Grandmothers dowry. And no proper place to display them. :upset::shakingno: Love antique furniture as well.....

Comment

Had a friend call round this afternoon and she's just left.........she's the one I've know since we started infant school together......55 years ago.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........sounds like he's scared himself straight. Hope the doctor has hammered home that although the liver is a forgiving organ it will one day have enough.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............I would like the weight to go on my face, backside and boobs. Don't think I'm asking too much.

Short and sweet I'm afraid as Mr JC just in and going to feed him..........I'm afraid no cakes.........just lamb chops.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] well you cant ask for more right now. A contented mam and YS moving in the right direction. Mr M and I have argued over china cabinets, I win. Maybe he should go and live with stirls :happy2:
              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] no, I havnt done the marathon yet, 4 weeks to go. Bits of me are falling apart, but its a small price for where Id be now after 1680 bottles of wine (very generic probably inaccurate calculation)
              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] I hear ya. I would just like to remold myself and move bits around, tidy things up. Theres a lot of potential there:happy2:

How did the interview go [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]?
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mers - china cabinets were of a certain age - not even mine - my mother's .... and she only used it for the 'dust collectors'
                Tell MrM to cop on .........

Off to work before Stirls arrives ........... :horse:

Comment

Mers - china cabinets were of a certain age - not even mine - my mother's .... and she only used it for the 'dust collectors'
                  Tell MrM to cop on .........

Off to work before Stirls arrives ........... :horse:
                  ink::hyper: [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - you'd have to get up really, really early to get ahead of me. Been here for over three hours, was just busy taking care of business!

Good morning Army!!

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - you can keep Mr. M. Not that I don't want him in particular, just not any man right at the moment. Even my "special friend" gets sent home. :happy2: I am in awe of anyone who can do things like run marathons. I'm just a lazy bint at heart and anything more physically challenging than walking or painting a wall is more than I care to do.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - our new salesman arrived at work today with a small pan of "lava cake". Oh my! AND he gave me the recipe!!

Hope [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION] checks in and lets us know how the interview went.

Afraid that Bridge might have had her kitty put to rest. Always difficult. Hugs to you, if you're around!

We need to do roll call, I think. Startypants? Mrs. A? Molls? KTAB and TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to get yer butts back to the barracks!!!! On the double!!!!!!

Wishing all of you a productive and satisfying day!
                  Last edited by stirly-girly; October 3, 2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Morning,

Someone stick the heating on..........its blooming freezing. Going to have me a pyjama day and drink cocoa and eat biscuits.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]....cross post.

Just had a quick look and lava cake is something I've never made..........will defo give it a whirl.

Mr JC always calls me the project manager............I project and he does it.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Envy you your day JC. I’m off to the airport in a bit and for the first time all year have both my chicks back in the nest, mixed blessing :yay: Glad your Mom and young Satz getting sorted. Just wondering would there be any other underlying problem with him. Daughter of a friend of a friend who is in her 20,s is currently in St Pats. Went in with alcohol problem but is battling eating disorder and anxiety. Parents were unaware and how they found out in there was through the blood tests. The alcohol was masking the other issues. Just throwing it out there. Great posts this week Stirly.

Got to run ......

Comment

Evening,

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]....there are many layers of alcohol and drug issues. Not sure what came first with me the anxiety or the wine/vodka. I know that now I do not drink at all and a cracking good counsellor my anxiety is so much easier to handle.

It actually turned into one of those days that was busy, the house is a tip and nothing got done.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well did me 10 hours - good God !! you'd need 10 hands : 4 ears: 8 legs for all the multi-tasking required for that job.... and skin as thick as a Rhino for the back stabbing :haha:
                            - darkened room called when I got home before I could function.

Yiz are all V QUIET ..................

Comment

Evening all

Satz you had me laughing there at your description of work! That is exactly how I would be after each and every shift on the ward. Glad your Mam and YS are doing good x btw there's still a china cabinet in Daddy's house! Full of crap it is.

D'Arsey hope you're ok? And you Bridgey?

MrsA how's things with you?

Rustop hope you enjoy the time with your family all home.

Mary you should be mighty proud of yourself marathon or not- you've come a long way.

Jacks - like you I don't know whether it was the anxiety led to my drinking or drinking led to anxiety. Such an intertwined mess! Have to say though I still have anxiety just need to deal with it differently.

Stirly when I grow up I wanna be like you x

Hey to everyone else x

Comment

yo - quick one as am banjaxed, just in from rep's.

hope you're all well - no change to read back yet. did interview, got job (though may have been only person). So that hoop has been jumped through. They did say i needed work on my interview cos if had been a strong field likely wouldn't have got it - but it's good cos they're all very supportive, so keen to help me/one another to do our best

off to leaba -

Comment

Working...
                                X