October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Manoeuvres 2018

Bet everyone's heard this by now but it brought tears to my eyes.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]...........funny you should mention malty drinks.............I made myself some Horlicks this afternoon....its been a proper dreich day..used to be a big favourite of mine and it was disgusting. uke: That's prolly not what you were talking about.............whats their name?

I'm the cheapest date in the world now............water...........tap water. Except next week when we're on holiday as the hotel's on a loch and peat gets in the water so it comes out with a slight brown tinge.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........let us know how YS got on with the interview and the antabuse.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........it will be the treat of a lifetime. Wanted to go for years. We took the kids to Paris for my 40th and they loved it. Will be lighting a few candles in Sacre Coeur, have a wee walk along Champs de Elysee........In fact Paris holds a lot of memories most of them very happy including me & my first husband decided to call it a day there...........happy days indeed.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
        Mers - got the job (they told me within the hour of the interview) but, as was saying to the Doc, they said "yep, you got it, but if it had been a strong field I wouldn't have" Which did LOADS for my self-esteem. :haha: :numbness:
        Well done on the job!! People are very odd. WHY would anyone think that thats a constructive comment? Did they follow it up with more details or just leave it hang there? If the latter, thats just bitchy.

Dead right [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. was more curious. The only reason I ever drank beer was to slow down my wine intake. Id just drink it so fast, so if I started with beer, I might pace myself better.
        Im not too bothered about peoples perception now, most people live in bubbles and dont really give a toss. Unless my teetotaling is making them uncomfortable, which happens, but thats their problem.

JC, you are going to have a blast :love:
        Last edited by IamMary; October 8, 2018, 05:00 PM.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
          [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - sorry to hear Mr A(b) (or is it Mr B(a).... Like BA Baracus: [ATTACH=CONFIG]4434[/ATTACH]) had a rough night.
          :biglaugh:

Comment

YS went to Dublin - and drank.................
            HE was doing the interviewing today - as freelance jurno for a medical magazine. Not sure he went.
            I checked the AB while he was gone - the 1/4 tablet he was to take was gone - but I doubt he took it.
            Big fat liar he is.
            Was also supposed to go to a counsellor - also in Dublin today too - not sure if he went.

One small test and he couldn't do it .....

PAIN IN THE ARSE !!!

Comment

Not a lot to say but, bless your heart, Satz. :hug:
              Last edited by JackieClaire; October 8, 2018, 07:32 PM.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                YS went to Dublin - and drank.................
                HE was doing the interviewing today - as freelance jurno for a medical magazine. Not sure he went.
                I checked the AB while he was gone - the 1/4 tablet he was to take was gone - but I doubt he took it.
                Big fat liar he is.
                Was also supposed to go to a counsellor - also in Dublin today too - not sure if he went.

One small test and he couldn't do it .....

PAIN IN THE ARSE !!!
                :furious:

Sorry to hear that, Doc. Fecking frustrating. :hug:

Comment

Morning,
                  And the AF stuff is full of sugar :egad:

Off to do a few chores including getting a bracelet chain made a bit smaller (I have skinny wrists) and getting my eyebrows done and buying fish fingers...........the fun never stops.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Morning,
                    And the AF stuff is full of sugar :egad:

Off to do a few chores including getting a bracelet chain made a bit smaller (I have skinny wrists) and getting my eyebrows done and buying fish fingers...........the fun never stops.
                    Hope you managed to get through all that fun JC. just in from work, the paid working week is done and glad it’s over. They have the lists out for the Christmas parties. Just wish they would let Halloween be over first. That’s my gripe for the day. So sorry about young Satz. Hope everyone is doing good.

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]............you're telling me about Christmas. Would you believe our Jenny's birthday is the beginning of September and when I went to get her a card couldn't get moved for Christmas cards. If I hear of one person who's bought and wrapped since the January sales I shall scream.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey folks

One MIA reporting for duty!

Haven't been away on purpose just been busy with the usual. Down home for near past week- all good. No internet in Daddy's- he's forever tampering with aka 'fixing' things! Read- effing up the TV, Internet, the works....was his birthday Sunday but we didn't get away for it. Back in my place now for paid work tomorrow!

Sorry to read about YS it must be so frustrating and heart-breaking.

Hope MrA doing better MrsA?

Hi to everyone else x

Still not in great form D'Arsey, thanks for asking x fed up with myself!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea29 View Post

Still not in great form D'Arsey, thanks for asking x fed up with myself!
                          Awww Sweetie - I wish I could help you I really do - you sound really pissed off.
                          Here have a big virtual :huggers:

Did you do what your 'stand in Mammy ' said - go to doc & get something ? Tell them how you are feeling - I did it a few years ago and bawled my eyes out for the first time in years and never looked back.

Comment

NOOOOOO! that's shit [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. FFS, hes a brat. Has he turned up yet?

And SweatPea, another :hug:. Do as your told now and pop off to see someone. Why so hesitant?

Well sad day here. The cat returned, but to die. Something attacked him.
                            Mr M found him just after the kids went off to school. Tears, burial and more tears. Im not an animal person (MrM is), but my heart was breaking for them. I can't imagine losing a dog thats been around for years...

Comment

Hi all.

Mary I am so very sorry about your cat. Horrific for the poor little mite.

Pea, sorry you are having a rough time too.

Satzy that is awful, I think I would totally lose my shit over that.

All OK here, as usual just very busy. On the plus side booked another break to the seaside in November. Cannot wait !

Comment

Morning,
                                [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION]........take heed of your stand-in Ma. Mental health is every bit as important as physical health if not more. When we're mentally 'tired' for want of a better word we tend to forget about our physical health its a viscious cycle.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........poor wee thing. I used to have cats and my Tuffy got caught like that, heartbreaking.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........I wish I could introduce YS to two young 'uns I work with.........both at rock bottom. One was a chef........obviously got a taste for the chef's cooking wine and chef's little helper cocaine (it keeps them awake)...........he's now taken over the kitchen at work and the food he's producing is sublime. He's managed to find ways and means to drop wine or any alcohol in food.........the other..........ex-soldier, lived in a tent in the park after a spell in prison........now got the keys to the building, working part-time as a barista and studying to be a D&A worker............they would show him giving up alcohol is not the end of the world. I see many similar stories and it is heart warming and shows that giving up drinking doesn't mean giving up on life.

Interesting article...........Under-25s turning their backs on alcohol, study suggests - BBC News.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X