Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

Hi All,

Got into Chicago a little late and just having a little Italian dinner (yum) before I head home.
    [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]:hug: LOL...YES...I wonder where I am when I wake up at least twice per week and that's when I'm not even traveling! I was in CT last week. Don't worry...most weeks I don't remember where I was the week before....hahaha...it's just because I am usually in multiple states in a week. I buy online but HATE returning stuff...and if you could see my stash of returns I have sitting in my office...UGH...Kate Spade boots, Stuart Weitzman shoes...a dress from Macy's...EEK!! If I returned everything, I could probably go on a cruise. So glad your Mom is getting an MRI. Elderly people's bones are just so darned brittle.:sad: I am glad she is sharing more and opening up...a sign of healing for sure and I know she will be pleasantly surprised at how wise and supportive her 3 girls are....especially my favorite...LA!:love: I love the initials you have created for your sisters..BS and TS! Hahhahahahahah!!!!

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-oh yes, please ditch the space heater!! I would be SO worried about you.

Pauly-Romeo is probably just still recovering from his infection. Poor little guy! :-(

Nora-How are you doing?

AG-please stick with us...we really want to help. :-)

So I finally snapped out of my funk on Monday. I have had this very small rollerboard suitcase under my desk in my office. I impulsively bought it on sale 2 years ago and I had never used it and I was literally going to return it to the store on Monday afternoon but something stopped me. You would not believe how much stuff that little thing holds...I estimate I can get 2-3 days worth of clothing into it and it fits in the overhead compartment of small planes. I took it to Pittsburgh and it worked SO well! No more checking luggage for longer trips! I am SO happy!

OK, now I am in for a long drive home but I have managed to accomplish several work tasks while noshing on my salmon.

I hope we are all have a safe and pleasant AF night/morning (for our dearly missed soon-to-be Glassie).
    Last edited by Rusty; October 23, 2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Hello to the Steppers and to the Honorary Steppers (which covers everyone else )

My hubby is being irritable tonight so I started thinking of things our significant others have said or done. I thought I would share this one with you. A co-worker shared with me that her husband told her that he was startled the first time he saw her without makeup. :rotlf: She said she had to have a little talk with him about being more careful choosing his words. :harhar: I laughed & laughed. And she seriously doesn't look like she wears much makeup!

I was enjoying the hot tub, Liz. I told hubby tonight that I was so glad that he decided to get one. (Big joke since he didn't want one) He is always kidding around telling me he's so happy that he wanted one.
      I'm sending good thoughts that your mom will heal quickly. And, I'm so glad she is sharing more openly with you now.

Rusty - how long is your drive? A couple hours? You are getting a late start. Safe travels. And congratulations that your carry on is so roomy. So great not to have to check luggage!

Pauly - I hope that Romeo is feeling all better. Are you all dressing up for Halloween this year? I'm thinking that I might throw on a black cape and be a witch. Actually, I have a black dress and a black cape. I can do this.

Bird Does your place not have a furnace? Is that why you are using the space heaters? We only have a wall heater but luckily our house is so small that it heats up enough. Not evenly but we make it work.

Well - Mr Grumpy is out here so I think I'm going to make myself scarce for a little bit. LOL
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!! Happy Hump Day!

OOH LA La......It feels SO good to be home!!!

What are we all doing to practice self-care today? I am taking a walk on the lake path and blowing off my work tasks for a while. YES, they CAN wait and my sanity comes FIRST!

Nora-that is a funny story about your co-worker's husband. Ha! To answer your question, I have to fly out of Chicago and it's about an hour and 20 minutes from my house. That drive has gotten SO old! I hope your hubs' bad mood has left for the week.

OK, I am off....Happy AF And Self-Caring Hump Day!
        Last edited by Rusty; October 24, 2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Morning friends,Nora yes be the witch! Glad the hot tub seems to be working properly Rusty,sounds like good self care to me,I love walking,its one of my favorite things to do I hear you guys on the returns as o have a full closet of stuff with tags I"might wear" grrr,sending stuff out gets pricey and it's irritating Liz,I watched a bit of Married at first sight but I was only half listening cuz me,Lb and Kellz had a text going cuz Saturday night Lb's coworker told her she had a message from Jon,I guess her coworker is a medium even tho she hates it cuz it makes her feel weird but that night she said she absolutely had him coming thru too strong to ignore,,I only half believe in that stuff so I'm just on the fence,weird how she was so spot on tho,Bird,hope you're keeping warm,AG,hope you can check in today,Glassy,hope you're on the mend,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Wednesday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all you fine ladies, been reading along and I just have to comment on the insensitive man thing lol. I tend to think I’m more on the understanding side of things (thanks [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]!) but that’s maybe because I’m in recovery too. Bubba can sure come up with some condescending comments as well but I just take them in stride even if they seem to be getting a bit old.

What I’ve come to realize is that gender has no bearing, nor does the person’s personality, and it’s not so much what they say, but how they say it. They are just being defensive, just like we remember being out of control, they remember it too and the position it put them in.

They know as well as we do that we’re just one drink away from all that pain and suffering, on both sides of the table….
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi all,
              Still having good weather here! Have been getting some outdoor chores done. Oh, I do not have space heaters. I did for the past 20 years, but not anymore. I do like prime wardrobe. They make the box up so it is easy to return, just put the tape on they provide, slap the sticker on it and drop it at ups or they will pick it up. I would buy boots here but there is no place good to get them without traveling north of Atlanta. Think I might be a bit picky about my shoes??....Nora, that was a funny story about the makeup! Glad hubs is enjoying the tub.....Rusty, hope the implant went well..I too have a carry on that I put all my stuff in. I figure if I need more stuff, I can always buy it and mail it back to myself....Pauly, I love walking to. That medium stuff is kinda weird.....Liz, hope the ultrasound and MRI go well and show what is going on...Bruno my boy cat has a rat and is trying to open the door. No rats in here Mr!....later

Comment

HI all. Love when there's a lot to read here! [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION], thank you for pointing that out. Of course you're right, sometimes you've just gotta vent! Honesty my "hysteria" isn't necessarily al related, that's just me. I always tend to think the worst. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], enjoy your walk. Like Pauly and bird, I do a lot of walking too. The scale has not been kind as of late, so today I ran. Need to get myself ready to put on a bathing suit in two weeks (cruise)e. As far as my abbreviations, yes I laughed too with BS, but all know what I mean:welldone:
                Nora, oh yes, do dress up! I would love to see picture. Is Savannah going to be in costume? Erin, isn't dressing Logan up too much if at all. He's just to young to know what's going on.
                I have a work seminar dinner to go to tonight so I'm checking in early. Th little man is calling me, up from his nap.n hope you all have a great AF day.
                Last edited by Lizann; October 24, 2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

When I walked out this morning to go to work, there was a Maple leaf that had changed colors sitting on the walkway. It was a pleasant surprise. We don't have one nearby so it blew over just to make me happy.
                  [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - you are absolutely right - it has nothing to do with gender. I know that sometimes I irritate my hubby just like he sometimes irritates me. But, he is a very sensitive, loving person and I'm so grateful for him.
                  This is such a true statement:
                  They know as well as we do that we’re just one drink away from all that pain and suffering, on both sides of the table….
                  Liz - hope your seminar goes well tonight. I totally forgot about your cruise. I hope you have a wonderful time. You asked about Halloween. Savannah already has her costume - she is going to be a unicorn. So cute!

Bird - glad you don't have to deal with space heaters anymore. My cats love to try to bring the rats in the house. They've gotten past me a couple times. Eeekkk I have to buy my shoes online cause of my big foot.

Pauly - Wow, any details about Jon? I do believe that there is something - but I am also skeptical. But, we've had experiences in our own family enough that I do know some type of spirit or energy is around. Oh well - that's just me.

Rusty - you sound so MUCH BETTER. I am so glad. You are taking care of you. Good job. Big thumbs up. I hope you had a great walk today.

I'm watching the episode on Mom where they got high on the pot cookies and she's learning to skip. Hilarious.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,a few details but I'm trying not to think about it too much cuz it puts me in a funk,,I will say he sounded happy and at peace we must see a pic when Savannah is a unicorn!!! I'll let the boys' costumes be a surprise for you guys,,trust me Rome looks cute poor hubs has to fast for blood work so no coffee,they always let me drink black coffee at my place,weird,more later just want to wish everyone a happy,happy,AF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all.
                      Had the most gawd awful nightmare last night. Woke up scared to death and turned the lights on hehe. Finally went back to sleep. Somebody passed a schoolbus while it was stopped picking up kids and ran into them. One of them died. What is wrong with people? Damn.....went out to a lake today to walk. Raining now and a bit chilly. Football tomorrow, so it should be good weather for it. Got a new camera. I had a decent one before, but I lost is somehow, or it was stolen.......Liz, good for you on starting to run. I'm afraid if I tried it I would hurt my knees. Bet you are excited about the cruise....Nora, can't wait to see the Halloween pics. That is nice about the maple leaf. They are so pretty....Paulie, can't wait to see your pics either......later

Comment

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good. Dinner last night was fun. It was for an new asthma drug. I knew a lot about the other medical specialties I worked in, but this one is all new to me. I am enjoying expanding my horizons. There was a group of pulmonologists there from the hospital where I worked and of course I did work with one on occassion. We did manage to catch up a bit. Mom was feeling very poorly this morning, but called this evening and was feeling heaps better. Such a roller coaster. We got back the results of her MRI and she has at I think it was 3 bulging discs and one herniated disc. That's pretty bad stuff. The plan is to get her into an orthopedist ASAP, before too much permanent nerve damage. Sigh. . .
                        I hope I get to see pictures of all these little cuties on Halloween! That goes for you PAuly and Nora too. Bird, glad there's another football game for you to enjoy tomorrow. I know when I have a nightmare, it takes me awhile to shake it off. Hope tonight it's sweet dreams,
                        AG, Rusty and Glassie waves and hope you're doing ok!
                        Have a great AF night
                        Last edited by Lizann; October 25, 2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Mae everybody,Bird,I hate nightmares but seems I only get them if I've drank thank goodness,sometimes I have a weird dream and have a hard time shaking it the next day too,Liz,glad you had fun at the dinner Nora,how's work been? Haven't heard you vent lately,mines been waaaay better since that one girl has been gone,dunno what it was about her besides her being loud,rude and acting like she owned the place,she never did anything to me personally but her presence was toxic,almost like a black cloud can't describe it,Lou got his school pictures back and he looks so cute! He's really brown in them tho haha,I think it's when Kellz puts this certain shirt on him it darkens his skin tone cuz his pics from Christmas look like that too,Rusty,back home? Hope you can get a walk in,I just walk not run cuz I've read that it's still as beneficial as running but better for our joints,I do run when I take Winslow tho cuz I have no choice haha,AG,hope youre still with us Gladys,sending my love,much love to all and wishes for a wonderful AF Friday yeah!

Comment

Hey all. I'm back (sort of). Still coughing a lot, but much better than I was and I'm not throwing up any more. I'm now trying to wean myself off some of the 10 different meds I've been taking, most of which have side effects that make me feel worse! I've been trying to read back and think I've sort of caught up.

Thank you so much for thinking and caring about me. It means a lot!!!!
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi all,
                              Glassie!:heartbeat: so good to see you. Hope you can get off the meds and glad you are doing better.........Lizann, I could use a new asthma drug. One that won't make me angry or fat or cost 400 bucks. Wow, that MRI. Hope your mom gets to feeling better.....Pauly, glad your job is way better. One person can ruin things for everyone. I bet Lou's school pic is cute.....rained all day yest and I put up some shelving. Decided not to go to the game last night as my stomach was misbehaving. Excited about today, as there is an open air market downtown, and later going to a marching band competition and see some old friends from where I used to live. Dd2 and her bf going as well...Meow Meow caught a squirrel yest and they ate it right down to the tail. ugh...well off to start my day....waving at Nora and Rusty

Comment

Glassie - we have been so worried about you. :hug: You take care of yourself. You are missed.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X