One Step at a Time - October 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - I value your posts. Never not post. I knew it wasn't meant as a slight. It's hard to remember to mention everyone.
    I am really glad that [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] mentioned it. I have to learn to just say what I think/interpreted/feel instead of obsessing about it.
    Oh well.....one step at a time. Ha ha
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I also forgot to mention Glassie! And who knows who else... You guys graciously address everyone in your posts. I know I will not succeed in that, as clearly shown here. And I tend to post off the cuff and that just doesn’t always work. Again, I’m sorry to have hurt anyone’s feelings. NS
      Last edited by NoSugar; October 6, 2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION],you are so sweet! I love when you post here! [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I so wish I could join you in the hot tub!!! Enjoy it!

Comment

Mom just hasn't been feeling well today. Sleeping all day which is normal but her face looks like she is in pain. I have asked her of course but she can't tell me. I gave her a tylenol and will try to get her to bed early.
          Thanks for listening friends. Just another sad disease. :sad:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
            I am soooo tired. Got in late last night and will post tomorrow, just wanted to check in...b

Comment

Get some rest Bird :llama:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning,

I am off to Alexandria, VA for the week and again, I am in a rush! I will be home Thursday night and dammit, I will not work any longer than 2 hrs. on Friday! LOL

Glassie-can't wait to hear all the details about the wedding. I bet it was spectacular!

Nora-I hope your mom Is feeling better today.:sad: Thank you for asking about my mom. I spent a lot of time with her yesterday and she is not in any pain! :0). She has also decided not to get a glass eye. The eye they removed is not unsightly so why go through ANOTHER surgery and recovery if she doesn't have to do so? I binge watched our favorite movie last week...."Violet, you're turning Violet, Violet!!!"

Pauly-you're a kick-ass grandma!:love: I hate to tell you this, but did you read in the news that IHOP will no longer be serving pumpkin spice pancakes and waffles? They are being replaced with egg-white omelettes and dry toast. Hahahahahahhahhah!!!!! Just kidding! I am just re-reading the sweet email you sent me when I was sooooo down last week. Thank you again for lifting me up when I really needed it. I hope you have a wonderful breakfast at IHOP if you are there today but please don't tell me about it. HAHAHAHHA! Just kidding! I wanna know! :-)

Liz-OMG...that picture of Logan kissing you was sooooooo Precious. When I was bored at work last week... I peeked at that picture and it made me smile. How cute that Logan loves to see pictures of Lucy. I so understand how sad it makes you, too. I still miss my sister's dog, Belle, a wonderful black lab who was the queen of her farm.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-Wow, you have been busy with band activities! That school is so lucky to have you so involved and helpful!

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-Thank you for posting...you are humble and kind. We love seeing you here so please don't go too far away!

BIG HELLLOOOOS to anyone I missed. I am off to work out! Happy AF Sunday!!!
                Last edited by Rusty; October 7, 2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                  Ahh Nora, there is my avatar! Hope your mom is looking less painful today. Glad you got the tub up and running. Still waiting for fall here. It was 95 Friday...Rusty, have a good trip to VA. Good choice your mom made on the eye. Who needs more surgery for something you can't use?....Hello N.S.......Pauly you are a wonderful Grandma....Lizann, loved the pic of the kiss!! So sweet. Hope the party goes well....so Friday the game was against a school that had lost one of their team mates the previous week. He had collapsed on the field and later died. It was so sad and they had balloons they let go, and a big wreath, his jersey and more sad stuff. Everyone was crying. Was so tired yest I could barely move. DD1 came over for awhile with her bf and friend.....so I am sitting on the fence about going to Alaska to see my mom. I need to decide soon. I guess I should make a list of why I want to go, and why I don't....well, off to start my day.....b

Comment

Morning friends,NS,I love when you post here! I guess I just projected my own insecurities onto you and just took the post wrong,,thing is that I wasn't really"there" for half of my kids' growing up and I have tremendous guilt,I just don't want that happening with the boys,,no way! Please continue to pop in when you can Rusty,that was a joke but IHOP is gonna start selling their own beer! I saw it on Instagram last night and couldn't believe it I agree with your mom on her decision about the eye,,why go through more pain if she doesn't need to((hugs)) Bird,how awful about the teammate that is absolutely terrible! Let us know what you decide on Alaska,Nora,hot tub looks fab have a dip for meLiz,hope you have a nice weekend,both boys are sick,poor Romeo has a double ear infection,hope today is better for them,seems Lou feels better then sick,better then sick grrr,much love to all and wishes for a supreme,sober Sunday off to check who won the fight last night!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all - I was going to go for a nice long post but don't have the energy now. Aren't you all so glad? :rotlf:

Pauly - I have my own insecurities, so I understand. Hope the boys are feeling better.

Bird - I hope you can decide about Alaska.

Rusty - I'm glad your mom decided against another surgery. And, I might have to go watch our favorite movie. I want it now!!!!

Liz - are you ok? Did the party go ok?

Catch you on the flip side :upsidedown:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all
                        Well the wedding went off beautifully - I've never seen my son so happy! He didn't stop grinning all day, apart from the tears when he first saw his bride. Everything was so lovely and I was so happy for them both.

Unfortunately, I was really sick and kept rushing off to either throw up, have a massive coughing fit or try to stop myself from passing out. And G1 had to read my speech for me because I couldn't talk. But I made it through without embarrassing myself (or my kids) too much, or so they assure me.
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends,super quiet here,Glassy glad the wedding turned out great but sad you were so darn sick! What happened? Just a virus? Nora,I read your journal and I'm glad you spoke up to your brother speaking of brothers I thought mine would be closer to me after all thats happened but it seems like they push me away when I try to reach out,maybe they're just dealing with stuff their own way,whatevs I can't change people,just keep trying I guess,Liz,how was the shindig? Rusty,I got all my fall decs up with some Halloween stuff thrown in,hope all is good with you Bird,you cover up the pool yet or is it still warm enough to use? Wishes for a great AF Monday to all!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Glassie- I'm sorry that you were so sick for the wedding. But, so happy for your son.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all! Shindig went well and kinda late. By the time we cleaned up and got home I was exhausted. I guess I didn't even post. Glad it's all behind me.
                              GLassie, so sorry you were so sick for the wedding! I hope you were able to enjoy it even just a little? I was grinning just reading about how happy your son was. Young love, so beautiful.
                              Nora, sorry about your mom. I so get it. I hope she's feeling better. We never really knew with dad either. It's just such a horrible thing to have to deal with. Sending you great big hugs.
                              PAuly, beer at the IHOP? I wonder if that's just a Nevada thing? Hope the boys feel better soon. Once they start school or daycare that's it, they bring everything home! I was never so sick as I was when Erin started preschool!
                              Bird, how sad about that young man who died, I think I may have heard about it. I know I would've been crying too. Don't know if you guys hear news from my side of the world but apparently there was a limo that was involved in an accident that killed 20 people! Four daughters from one family, their husbands and friends all killed. Young parents, newlyweds , driver and pedestrians. So sad. Yeah, I had to turn off the tv, I couldn't watch it anymore,
                              Rusty, your on my side of states this week. Sorry, weathers not great and I hope you get away before the heavy rains on Thursday. I like your plan of 2 hours only on Friday. Hope your mom continues to get better.

Comment

Liz,i heard about that limo crash this morning,,just awful! IHOP isn't selling the beer at their restaurants I think it's just their brand,it's dumb either way one customer today told me he quit drinking 3 weeks ago and it's getting hard,he says the commercials drive him crazy and was wondering to me if it will ever be like cigarettes where it's banned to advertise,I told him I don't think the alcohol industry is ever gonna go away cuz drinking is so normalized in all society,kinda sad really,Kell just picked up the boys and I'm wiped,they're more work than going to work haha,Lil Rome is up to 26 pounds so just carrying him is a workout little hefty boy

Comment

Working...
                                X