Blood test comes back with some liver damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blood test comes back with some liver damage

Feeling better. Pain has gone and have not been drunk since the news.

Most I had was 4 slow drinks in a night and have taken to ordering halfs some times. Also pick the lowest percentage of beer most of the time.

Not perfect but it’s better than the previous level in which i didn’t care what i drank.

Comment

Repeated the test after moderate drinking throughout late October, November & December. 2 recent big nights of 31st Dec and 1st of Jan. Didn’t get too drunk but did have a bit much. Was sober after that till took a test on 7th jan.

Results back saying “slightly raised” and to repeat in a month again. Quitting for good is the only option otherwise it will be like this for ever and only get worse.

I did have one more bit of bad news that made me drink too much on 13th Jan but now I feel more determined to quit.

Doing Alan Carr’s last drink ritual tonight (neat gin) to make my last memory of drink an awful one instead of a “nice” pint down the pub.
      Last edited by scotskev81; January 17, 2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

We will be happy to give you support. :goodjob:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome back.

There's always a "reason" to drink. The key for me was to think ahead of time what I would do (instead of drinking) when one of those "reasons" popped up. Do you have a plan and some support? We're here for you, but I would recommend joining a more active thread as MWO has slowed down a bit. Just pop in and say hi.

You got this.

Comment

been 10 days already. enjoying life without alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
              been 10 days already. enjoying life without alcohol.
              It is enjoyable. I'm very fond of my sobriety.

There's still going to be the usual a ups and downs but they're not going to get befuddled with alcohol in your system.

Well done, you
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Currently breaking associations with alcohol

Going to go on a road trip (play in a band) and not drink at the after party.
                Going to watch sport in a pub but just have a soft drink.
                Going to a 60th birthday party and not drink.

thanks all x

Comment

Those are some tough associations to break!

But we all have to do it. I have to go to a 60th birthday party this weekend too, and stay sober while everyone else drinks.

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] plays in a band and [MENTION=18688]Samstone[/MENTION] plays live group music too, so they are faced with that tough challenge as well.

It might be early days yet, so take a pass at watching sports in the pub for now if need be.

Good luck; you are doing it!
                  Last edited by Slo; January 24, 2019, 12:19 PM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congrat's on 10 days + Kev! Double digits!

Safe travels on your road trip. That's exciting. I love the road. I'm in a band too and my workplace is a bar. I have found that once i've made my mind up not to drink, i'm more than ok. The only other thing i do is arrive 'late' and leave early. I must have an exit plan at gigs or i could be stuck for hours waiting for a life home trapped in some boring drunk convo! lol. So i have my own transport.

Keep it going my friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
                      Currently breaking associations with alcohol

Going to go on a road trip (play in a band) and not drink at the after party.
                      Going to watch sport in a pub but just have a soft drink.
                      Going to a 60th birthday party and not drink.

thanks all x
                      I agree with [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] here - that is too much to maneuver in early sobriety.
                      You need to be firm and pick your battles wisely - if you try to face them all at once like that - you are not setting yourself up for success.
                      Just talking from experience .... slow down & take it easy ....

Comment

One of the things Alan Carr says is to “enjoy breaking associations” . Rather than hide away from an event you should face it and not drink. Enjoy the occasion for what it is, a wedding or gig etc..and you’ll realise that you don’t need alcohol to enjoy it.

The one day at a time attitude is not a good way to live your life because you never know if you are free. By carrying on and doing things that you used to drink at, you change your perception of it.

Comment

I see the wisdom in that for sure, [MENTION=20315]scotskev[/MENTION]!

I didn’t mean to be critical; was just worried that your events were all piling on top of one another and, combined with being tired & out of sorts at the beginning of a quit, just wanted to point out that it’s okay to skip events if you need to in the early days.

Hope it’s going well for you!
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

It’s ok no offense taken and thank you for the advice and view point.
                            Yes I have skipped some events as well but the ones that I want to go to I have embraced and enjoyed the activity in it’s self.
                            Currently on day 17 (with the exception of the last drink ritual which just involved drinking a small amount of neat spirit as per Alan Carr’s instruction.) Feeling a lot better and looking forward to improvements.

I’ve been reading what happens to the body after 3 months of not drinking and it sounds amazing! The article I read said that 1st month is good for your insides etc.. but possible not long enough to notice a difference in the mind or things such as weight loss and more energy. That comes into the 2nd and 3rd month.

After that I can look forward to the effects after 6 months.

x
                            Last edited by scotskev81; January 30, 2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Liver tests results came back fine and well within normal range.

This not drinking really does wonders for your insides  and it such a short space of time. It was only 4 weeks ago that some of the levels were high. Amazing that things can heal so quickly after the poisoning has stopped.
                              Thank you all for your support and view points. I’m off to a party tonight and looking forward to lemon water.:yay:

I wish everyone well in their quest to quit alcohol. x

Comment

Managed about 48 days drink free but came off the wagon for a few days in a row, wasn’t much but seems to have been enough for the right side pain to come back. Thought i’d be fine to do a lowish level after such a long break. Seems it doesn’t take long to regress. Perhaps the liver hasn’t completely healed back to it younger level, or perhaps it takes a lot longer. :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X