December Army Manoevres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December Army Manoevres

Just watched the trailer for You - I like it, on my list.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning survivors,
      Jenny and her BF have enjoyed themselves so much they're staying another day..........joy. Actually, they're no bother and today they're hot-footing to the bank to pay their Christmas money in then and off up the wilds and woolies of Northumberland.

Bacinabit.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all, think we are the survivors JC, only a few of us checking in these days. To any of you struggling, we have all been there, no judgement, just a warm welcome. 2019 is nearly here, time for a few resolutions and a fresh start. I’m going to start cutting back on the sugar. Od’d on it in lieu alcohol this holiday.

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......its quiet all over the boards. Plenty of lurking going on but no posting.

No real resolutions apart from getting back to on AA regular basis. Fifflefaddling with just dropping in just doesn't help and I'm loosing connections with people. I've also got to do something about my temper...........I can and do become filled with rage at times about nothing and behave like a spoiled toddler with a sharp adult tongue and poor Mr JC is the recipent as he's the nearest. Todays rage was about tea-towels.
          Last edited by JackieClaire; December 27, 2018, 08:14 PM.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

What is fifflefaddling?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              What is fifflefaddling?
              Buggarising around.

I am so happy! (Not to be at work, to be able to sleep in and slowly get into the day, to be catching up on my reading and binge activity) Only complaint I have is the heat. Not gardening weather at all but I'll potter inside and garden at either end of the day.

What did the tea towels do to you JC? I remember having huge temper outbursts the first time I gave up booze. Completely contrary to character, I'm usually a bottler. And lo and behold, this time about three days in I unleashed hell on the boy. It was well deserved mind you. I wonder if the secret is having a small tanty at the appropriate time rather than letting it build up to critical mass and imploding? Talking about resolutions.....

I'm with you [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top - sugar has to go this year. The first month I was into it like it owed me money. Last time I quit booze I would eat an entire block of chocolate every night, feeling somehow entitled. That ended well.....
              This time I saw the writing on the wall and hosed myself down after a week or so. How amazing that it gives you the same effect and leaves you feeling disgusting and hung over - even the next morning. Rusty, I'll post a recipe or two that I've been using for sweet treats to get over the cravings.

So, Madame Starter-pants, what's going on? What have you been up to?
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening folks - sorry I've been missing but I was working the 25/26th so am knackered and anti-social.

Hating myself too Rusty for the amount of chocolate / sweet foods I've consumed - like an addiction it is once I start - quite scary if I'm honest.
                I used to look at 'normal' drinkers and be in awe of how they could stop after 1 or 2.
                Now I'm looking at others and longing to be able to stop after one maybe 2 chocolate sweets.
                I eat them until I can no longer taste them - dunno what it is ?

Comment

Im going to make a conscious effort to go to bed earlier. Even 15 minutes a night will make a difference.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  I can and do become filled with rage at times about nothing and behave like a spoiled toddler with a sharp adult tongue and poor Mr JC is the recipent as he's the nearest. Todays rage was about tea-towels.
                  Is this a recent thing JC? Do you find yourself a bit off before the rage event?

Great to see you [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]? How was christmas? and the Doggies? Im feeling left out without one here!:happy2:

Comment

Also need to lay off the sugar very soon. Im getting proper white teenage spots again, the ones that can squirt as far as the mirror.
                    Month of Jan, Army sugar free goal, report here daily????

Comment

For all the other sugarhounds:

Chocolate Brownie Bliss Balls

50gms nuts, crushed. I use almonds.
                      100 grams rolled oats
                      2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
                      3 tablespoons sugar free drinking chocolate
                      2 tablespoons vanilla essence
                      12 medjool dates

Plonk it all together in a bowl. If you have a really good food processor use that, but I almost blew up my Nutribullet and another gadget, so I use disposable gloves and just mash it all together then form into small balls. Makes about 20 balls of about 20 grams each.
                      When I feel like mainlining sugar I make a cuppa and grabs two balls (if you will)
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Also need to lay off the sugar very soon. Im getting proper white teenage spots again, the ones that can squirt as far as the mirror.
                        Month of Jan, Army sugar free goal, report here daily????

I'm in. :egad:
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          What is fifflefaddling?
                          That should have read fiddlefaffing not fiffle.....sort of half-hearted and just showing my face, not listening then sitting fiddling my thumbs 'til its over.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].....ahh the tea towels. Just thrown on the kitchen top and not put in the drawer........the straw that broke the camel's back sort of thing. Believe me, I'm the untidyess person in the world but they were just in grabbing distance of Buddy the nearly two year old beagle. If its in reach its his........if its on the floor its his......if it can be dragged in from the garden........he does.......if someone come the to the door .......its for him.

And the rage........round about coming out of the horsepital. Might have a go at Talking Therapies or do a Frozen and just learnt to ........let it go.
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].:hug:

I'll let you know about the sugar thing about mid February. I got the biggest box of chocolates ever seen from Santa
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; December 27, 2018, 07:51 PM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                            I
                            Great to see you [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]? How was christmas? and the Doggies? Im feeling left out without one here!:happy2:
                            Hi Mary, yes we are all OK thanks. Will be glad when the madness of Christmas and new year settles down. Doggies are fine and enjoying having people around more. I have finally asked to semi retire. I want to cut my hours down to 3 days a week. Should get an answer around Mid Jan. Cannot bloody wait

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              I'm in. :egad:
                              Me too

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                for the amount of chocolate / sweet foods I've consumed - like an addiction it is once I start - quite scary if I'm honest.
                                I used to look at 'normal' drinkers and be in awe of how they could stop after 1 or 2.
                                Now I'm looking at others and longing to be able to stop after one maybe 2 chocolate sweets.
                                I eat them until I can no longer taste them - dunno what it is ?
                                I posted a video in DoggyGirl’s no-sugar challenge thread that uses alcohol addiction as a model to explain sugar/carb addiction. I could certainly relate to both. The underlying feelings are so similar - and awful. It is annoying that the speaker sometimes refers to alcohol use as a good thing but his message for addicts is abstinence. Anyway, maybe it would help you guys psyche up for the January challenge. (Also if you’re peeing a lot and have headaches, more salt should help). Take care, NS

Comment

Working...
                                X