January 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January 2019 Army Manoeuvres

He looks like a fascinating man [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

Yes I agree [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], its not that bad. Its just journalists trying to sell papers.. I ignore the rags, but the Irish Times is even at it now, -6 my arse. No where is met eireann reporting that (or any of my other 50 weather apps).
    Still, glad Im not roofing Rustops house

Off to do the last child collection.
    Last edited by IamMary; January 31, 2019, 03:54 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

In other news re the work front, there is no news. Ever hopeful that today will be the day I can start planning my life
      Well, was it today? Any update ?
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening troops,

Is tomorrow Friday already?! It was Monday, I blinked and now it's thursday night. Oh, how life whittles away when teaching :haha:

Hello SiC - seems you were here when I had my near-half decade away.

Been a bit buggered this week - tbh I think not running that well on Sunday with my brother has got under my skin. Feel like in a bit of a funk. It'll pass. All things do.

Good news is that at a meeting with my HT today she said she hoped that the situation next year would be that I could stay on at the school. Hope so. But out of her hands really as depends on how many new sweetheart sprogs we get.

I agree [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - I do think they wind us up with the weather. Probably because they - and we - are so bored with Brexit they're trying to rile us with summit else.

Big waves to JC, mary, Rustytops, Bridgey, Stirly, starty, brit (y'alright there [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]? let us know how things with you and the lovely mr A(b)) and to everyone else.

Comment

Evening all. Good to see you Inchy. Glad you seem to be doing well

Nope, not a word Mary. Mat girl is still chucking toys out of pram She had a meeting today and they denied her appeal. Apparently she has 5 days to take it or leave it ffs.

Last day of Jan thank fook.

Beautiful frosty walk this morn -6. No snow but lovely sparkly frost.

Comment

Half an hour left of January. PTL and hallelujah.
            A couple of hours ago got a phone call from Jenny's BF to say that they were home from A&E and she has a severe chest infection..........rounded of January with a bang........and a fecking great sigh of relief.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........I suppose now she's a mother she's got lots of toys to throw out. Has she chosen the shade of red for her welcome back carpet?

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]....keeping all things crossed for you. R&R recommended for this weekend.

Been reading good things about B12 so going to get some.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well, morning morning all.
              Yesterday we had 40 degree heat. It was just horrid. Today we are back in the 20's and can breath again. So that's nice.
              I have been getting some really shithouse cravings lately. I'm not giving up though. I'm onto a supplement called NAC that may help so ordered online this morning and will give it a crack. It is being used in a clinical trial at work to reduce cravings in ex meth users, so I accessed the research findings so far and it's looking promising. Must see if anyone around here has tried it.
              Last day of work today, thank the Lord. No sleep due to the heat - woe betide anyone who gets on the wrong side of me (or makes eye contact) today.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                - woe betide anyone who gets on the wrong side of me (or makes eye contact) today.
                :hahaha:

Comment

Thanks Biddie for sending me off to work with a laugh.
                  All well here on the ranch - NOT -6 , NO snow : not even any frost.

This country needs to get a grip and see how lucky we are to live here. Our problems are all 1st world problems.

Four young lads were killed driving on Sunday night in Co Donegal - a county notorious for horrific accidents.
                  The press & news milked the whole thing dry since then.

We know they were speeding but was there alcohol involved ?
                  Can other young people learn anything from their untimely deaths?

There will be no coverage of how it happened to save the family more sorrow..
                  But these things need to be highlighted. If not, if we continue to hide the facts, it will keep happening and their young friends lining the streets yesterday will be next.

Friday rant over ....

Off to work :llama:
                  Last edited by satz123; February 1, 2019, 03:14 AM.

Comment

The press are disgusting parasites here too Satzy. Those poor families.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                    X