Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - January 2019

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
    I often see "the empties" too. I wouldn't describe seeing those bottles as a craving, but maybe a reminder of just how bad things really got. Makes me feel regret and self loathing and maybe even nauseous! I do not ever want to be there again.
    Liz - that is it for me exactly. Exactly. Even to the feeling nauseous.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
      Boy I sure slept a lot yest. 2 naps and then to bed at 9. I put all the cats out last night so I could sleep in. Don't remember if I told you but I am going to a drum circle about an hour away next month. The lady who runs it is a therapist and does some workshops with native type drums and horses and nature stuff. Her daughter does some of the same type stuff in Minnesota at a place called Womens Drum Center or something, which I find this all very interesting, maybe I could do something like that. ....Pualie, I know what you mean about the empties, I saw one in the woods yest, and had mixed feelings about it, a bit of craving, a bit of disgust. Sorry you had to leave work, hope it isn't the flu.....Liz, that is a long drive, I have drove S. Florida to N.J a couple times and back and forth to Colorado and Michigan so many times. The older I get the worse the flying seems.......Nora, the FT is so sweet, I would be smiling like crazy!!....gotta go out walking today as I did nothing much yest....later

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
        My hubby doesn't like to play games but we have one game that he likes.
        :blush:

Hi everyone!

Safe travels there Rusty.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
          :blush:

Hi everyone!

Safe travels there Rusty.
          I meant the game Blokus!! osteroops:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Thursday and already Friday for some of our friends.
            I went and got my hair colored & cut. Feel like I'm barely home and it's time for bed. Anyway - I've got to get Mom to bed so I will catch you all tomorrow. Night.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Friday!!!...back in a bit

Comment

Hi all,
                Nora, I love getting a haircut. Always a treat....have had a rough time with the cravings this week. Maybe it is the moon, who knows. Had fun yest at a state park. It was cold and windy, I took a thermos with soup. Found the coconuts and eggs about half a mile down the trail behind a tree. So weird. I told the ranger when I got back and she went to look for them. Thought there might be a squatter down there. Who walks around with a bunch of coconuts, raw eggs and a big bread? hahahhaa...really tired today, Meow meow got up at 4 a.m. and was licking my head. All cats go out tonight....went out and got myself some chicken wings so I wouldn't have to eat the soup I have been eating all week. They are so hot! So what is everyone doing tonight?

Comment

Bird,those items cracked me up in the pic yea who does walk around with those funny things? I too have had trouble with cravings this week,nothing over the top just a slight itch but knowing how I'd feel tomorrow is enough of a turn off so I put it out of my mind,hope all are well
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday! Quick post for me as Erin is here and the baby is still napping. Going out to dinner again in a bit. Got home late last night, had a lovely time with friends. I imagine tonight will be late again.
                    BIrd, that is odd stuff to find! NOra, how sweet little Savannah is moving around!
                    Boat show in NYC tomorrow. We used to go all the time, it has gotten significantly smaller no though.
                    Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!

Comment

Finally Friday night. But, it's 9:30 and feels like midnight. Ha, ha.

Sorry about the cravings this week. It's so weird how they come on so strong at times. I know it's rough but I read somewhere that every time you make it thru another craving, it helps rewire your brain to not crave. That's not the scientific explanation obviously. :rotlf: Anyway, it's a hard thing and congratulations for fighting them.

My niece from Texas stopped by to visit Mom today. It was fun and Mom get really animated but completely fixated on my niece's tattoos. Mom could not stop pointing at them and asking about them. (She has a full arm sleeve of colorful tattoos.) I finally told my niece to please bring a long sleeve shirt to wear tomorrow at the party for some of the time so we could get Mom to look somewhere else. Ha
                      I think I told you about my Uncle's 90th birthday party tomorrow. So far we still plan on going. I think Mom will love it even though it will be hard on her. We shall see.

Bird - that was the weirdest stuff you found on your hike. So strange!
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning, Friends and a cheery hello from frigid Wisconsin where it was 12 below yesterday and we are expected to have the same weather today! :-(. I am typing from my phone because my new laptop has serious issues with it amd my IT guy will be here in a couple of hours to fix it. I am scrambling around cleaning so the house doesn’t look like a total mess. Ha ha!

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-Enjoy the boat show… I used to go to the one in Milwaukee and it was always really fun.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]- that is so funny about your mom fixating on your niece’s tattoos. I hope you have a great time at the birthday party and your mom is in good spirits.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-Those items you posted on Facebook just made me laugh. I kept trying to make sense of it… Coconuts, eggs, thanks so much for the chuckle. Don’t you feet feel like you’re going bananas when you get those cravings and they won’t go away? UGH! So glad you didn’t cave. I had this odd drinking thought yesterday, too, and then I had a drinking dream last night that I had a bottle of vodka stuffed between my seat cushions in my sofa. Don’t you hate it when dreams are so vivid and so lifelike that you wake up wondering if they were true? So where did I go this morning… First thing? I had to look for myself at the soda cushions. Nope, no vodka there. Ha ha.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-I loved, loved, loved the picture of little looking like a little man with his mustache and his glasses.

Hi to Glassy, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] And anyone else I missed, happy AF Saturday!

Comment

Morning friends,brrrr cold where you are Rusty! Dunno how you do it when I'm whining about 60 being cold Nora,your mom would have a field day with Michelle and all her tattoos/piercings,I'm not too crazy about too much of them,a few I can see but ugh,I begged her to NEVER get a face tattoo but she said she might someday,think she just wants to piss me off with that! Liz,Logan looked cute watching the Backstreet Boys on GMA,I was watching them too! Bird,what's on today's adventure? Keep us posted,wishing us all a happy AF Saturday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                            Not much happening, have a pot of chili going. Worked out in the yard some trying to make a little garden spot. Went to walmart and got some B12, maybe that will help with the cravings, I had been taking it but ran out a few days ago..dd2 has to have her wisdom teeth out, I told her wait till spring break. No dental insurance either.....Nora, hope the party goes well, let us know. I have read that about the brain changing, forgot what they call it.....Lizann, have fun at the boat show...Rusty, -12, damn...I hate those drinking dreams...Pauly, I got some tats when I was in my 20s and wish I hadn't...told my kids don't get any but dd2 got one anyway and dd1 got those gauge things in her ears. ..off to watch some tv...

Comment

Eww Bird,Michelle has gauges too one day I was giving her a hug and she didn't have them in and her saggy earlobe touched me,I was grossed out! Hope the B-12 helps I've read chromium can help too,think it's just mind over matter too but extra enforcement can't hurt

Comment

Haha, Pauly, that's funny with the earlobes. dont quite get the point of the gauges either. Can anyone shed some light on that?
                                Nora, I hope the party goes well. It's not a surprise party, is it? We had a 90th for my FIL, it was so great to have everyone together.
                                Bird, chili sounds wonderful. B12 for cravings? Did you read that somewhere. I sure hope it helps!
                                Rusty, that is beyond cold! Sadly, it's headed our way. As long as it doesn't snow!
                                Boat show was fun, but I'm exhausted from all the walking! Ran into my nephew there, what are the odds? We are thinking of selling our boat. We haven't had it in the water for several years now. It's a lot of work, and money! DInner last night with the hospital crowd was a lot of fun. A lot of nasty stuff going on there. The nurses in my old unit are Union and really are a nasty bunch of bullies. I feel bad for the new manager, who I have worked with. She is great to work with and the nurses all hate her and declined to come to the dinner! Just reinforces I'm lucky to be out of there.
                                I'm going to bed, I can hardly keep my eyes open! HAve a great AF night!

Comment

Working...
                                X