Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - January 2019

Hi all,
    Ended up making my own cat house from a plastic container. Of course they don't go in it haha. At least it is there if they want to. Won't have to go to Atlanta today, found an airbnb for dd2 she can check in on her own, cancelled the motel where you have to be 21 to check in,which she is not. Hope everyone is staying warm, what a big freeze huh? Rusty, glad you don't have to travel. That Eric guy sure is in denial, poor guy, he must feel lousy. As for the yoga, I feel it gives me a bit more energy, plus it is much easier to bend down and get around, hauling cats from under the bed etc......Liz, Logan is getting so big! I remember my girls running around like crazy at that age, exhausting! As for Meow waking me up, she wants a can of food and to be petted. She has dry food out but wants the canned.....Paulie, Romeo is cute as a button! I can imagine him dragging the curling iron around..waves to Nora and everyone....later

Comment

Happy hump day. The frigid weather is upon us. Temps are dropping about 4 degrees per hour and we're having snow squalls! Need to run out in a bit to pick up my engagement ring. One of the stones was loose. What a huge deal that turned into, not to mention expensive! Hubby is coming with me:welldone: to the jewelry store! Maybe he'll buy me something?
      AH bird, sorry about the cat. Do you have trouble falling back to sleep? Hubby and I would grunt at each other till one of us finally got up. I'd give pretty much anything to get up with her again. Meh, best not to even go there,right?
      PAuly, today I went into the baby's room and found my hand mixer on his dresser, he had been playing with it. His toys are all pretty much untouched! Little stinker.
      Hope you all had a good AF day!

Comment

Bird - my hubby can't wait until it's warm enough for the critters to sleep outside. He is the one that gets up with them. And still dealing with accidents. 2 dogs & 2 cats have been inside at night lately.
        I'm glad you found a different place for your daughter to check into so you don't have to go to Atlanta. Oh - fantastic job on the yoga. I have got to get my butt in gear.

Pauly - I laughed at Romeo being obsessed with your curling iron.

Rusty - I am glad your client cancelled. I heard on the radio that 12 states cancelled mail delivery. Scary, scary weather.
        I think it is just sad about the employee with the drinking problem. But, I think it's just the same as everyone else. We have to decide to do it for ourselves.
        [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - I'm glad that you get to spend this time with your family. Stay safe. I am worried for all of my friends here being affected.

Liz - :hug: I am sending you hugs. I know you miss your Lucy so much. :hug:
        I had to laugh about Logan wanting to play in the bathtub. And then you found your mixer in his room. Hilarious. No wonder you are tired.
        Oh - I had to tell you. I am going out with my girlfriend for dinner on Friday night. I thought if Liz can do it, then so can I. This isn't a group like you did, but it's a step in the right direction.
        Did you get a present at the jewelry store today? Hee, hee
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Thursday :welldone:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

YAy Nora, dinner out! I find I do better with people who are more chatty than me. It puts me more at ease, takes the pressure off me some!
            Are your critters free to roam at night, or are they confined in the yard? No jewelry last night. Hubby was telling the jeweler that he gave me the best valentines present 29 years ago, CJ. He's right!
            bird, glad you don't need to get a hotel and go along with your daughter. Although, I personally could use a little time away.
            Last night a Marcal plant close to where Erin lives burned to the ground. It was frigid and windy. Truly a site to behold. I dropped Logan off and had to detour around it. It looked well, apocalyptic almost, metal beams melted over covered in layers of ice! 500 people now out of work.
            Wow, lives changed forever in a the span of just a few hours. It was still smoldering 24 hours after. My nephew who is a volunteer fire fighter a few towns away was there as well. Thankfully no one was injured. That kind of ate away at me all day.
            Hope you all had a great day! RUsty, how are you managing these frigid temps? Bird, is it going to warm up for the Super Bowl? Pauly, is it cold by you?

Comment

I definitely feel more comfortable with chatty people. The first time I met my MIL, I was so nervous but as it turns out, she talked so much, I didn't have to worry. LOL
              Such a very sad thing about the fire. Thankfully no one was injured but you are right. So many people are affected by this. So sad.
              I did laugh at your what your husband says - best valentines present 29 years ago. He is right

I hope that everyone is doing ok in this weather. So very scary. Stay safe folks.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yay, Friday! What's everyone up to this weekend? I working tomorrow. Anyone excited about the super bowl? It's just hubby and me this year. I just make some chili and salsa and chips. Nora are you rooting for LA?
                MY girlfriend asked me if I would watch her dog next Christmas vacation? He wears a diaper:egad: and although he's a little cutie my gf thinks he might nip at the baby if provoked. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I used to watch her other dog before We got Lucy. I have trouble saying no, but Logan is our priority. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], how sweet of you to send me that link on fb:heartbeat: thank you!
                Last edited by Lizann; February 1, 2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X