Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    I still swear by the small bars of soap between the sheets, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :smile:. Maybe it is all in my head but if it takes care of those awful leg cramps, that's fine by me!!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'd forgotten all about that. Worked like a dream the last time. I used to either put it in my bed sock or just under the bottom sheet.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........after the nearly no potassium levels last year, I'm bursting with it these days

OMG that song would you believe I heard that for the first time in a wee bar on the Greek island Aegina (@stirly-girly has a story about there as well).
    No idea why the f*** should stick in my mind it was 35 years ago.

Nighty-night lovelies.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Right. I'm all read back.
      Magnesium is the go JC. Sometimes a good mixed mineral supplement can do the world of good.
      Satz, I think you and I need to change the locks. As a matter of fact there is a door sale in town...
      A pox is now upon my house as well. One of the interlopers has it. Only a matter of time before we all have it, which is fine because I'd rather have the flu than go to work.
      Yesterday on my arrival at work Gay Ian (as he is known) - one of my few friends in the workplace - greeted me with 'she's in your office' meaning the idiot numpty bimbo boss. Sure enough I round the corner and she's gotten hold of the master key, let herself in and was rummaging through my desk draws. When I asked her what TF she was doing she asserted that she was returning tea bags *confused emoticon* as I didn't lend her any. I'm going to have to make a formal complaint about this woman.
      Anyway when I woke up this morning I decided to have a 'me' day in manner of MinStar, so I rang and told her I wasn't coming in.

I just bought myself a gorgi vintage leather chesterfield lounge which was delivered by a lovely gentle giant of a man who carried it in and gave me a kiss on the cheek for taking care of it for his Mum. I'm going to curl up on it all day and apply for jobs. Life is so good when you pull a sickie.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] good on you for taking time out for yourself.
        Happy valentines all.

Comment

Morning all and happy ValentineÂ’s Day. Anyone doing anything nice apart from Bridget who is having my kind of day.:heartbeat::heartbeat: himself away but he did send flowers so think IÂ’ll join Bridget on the couch with crochet in tow. Getting very lazy these days. Mind you I did Marie Kondo my handbags yesterday and worked a treat. There must be something in the whole putting everything on the bed lark. I have one shelf of bags and attempted doing it in front of shelf last week and gave up. Yesterday tipped all onto the bed and categorized, dumped, stored one in the other and found old wicker hamper basket in garage for clutch bags and now I have perfect shelf where I can see everything. :yay:

Swear by the vitamins JC, take buckets of them for menopause. Roof not Vatican but there are gutters/ridge tiles/slates/insulation etc but thank the lord finally finished. Off to Budapest next week Mary. Now I better go and walk the dogs.

Comment

Morning and Happy Valentine's Day.

Don't know if it was the soapy socks, the extra magnesium but slept the sleep of the innocent and no River Dancing.
            I got through my menopause using Black Cohosh. Heard so many horror stories about HRT that I thought I'd give that a swerve.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].....that horrified me. Good for you for the reporting.
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].Budapest.......jealousy abounds.
            Short and sweet, I'm afraid, got to go catch a bus.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] I like you KonMari’d your handbags. I made vague attempts to clean and tidy kids playroom but just shut the door on it. Couldn’t face it. Glad the roof is done. Budapest sounds fun!
              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] I am glad you slept well. [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] that is well out of order. Good on you for reporting her. The cheeky mare!

Spent my morning looking for caravan holidays for Easter. Then washing and tidying. What fun.
              Now half an hour me time to read and post and then prepare snacks for kids and off on the school run.

Plus side is the weather is really spring like at the moment. Sunny blue skies.
              Have a good one folks.

Comment

It has been positively Spring like today Had a nice half hour watching men panic buying red roses.
                Bridgeeeeeeeee, is this the same woman that went through your diary?
                Another cupboard to clear tonight so its not all to do in a panic next week.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.
                  All good chez Satz.
                  Bridget report that old cow - that is tantamount to stealing ..... WTF was she looking for .... that she couldn't wait for you to come in?

Minny glad to see you are holding on and still posting in the Army. :thumbsup:

We're off here for a few days next week : my Christmas gift from MrS
                  Harvey's Point (R) - Hotel & Restaurant - Donegal Hotels & Romantic Breaks

Rosie has to go off to a lovely lady who is a dog minder. She takes dogs, and unlike kennels, they live as part of the family in her house with her own dog.
                  ( sad to say I can't trust my son to take care of her).
                  We'll miss her - MrS is still besotted with her & her antics. She's great.:heart:
                  Last edited by satz123; February 14, 2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........gorgeous place. Enjoy to the fullest or I'll want to know why.
                    Jenny's beagle, Buddy, stays with her dog walker at her hime when she's away or we have him (drives us demented). She can't bear the thought of him in kennels either.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all!

Bridgey cannot believe that woman was rifling through your drawers!!! I would have definitely reported her, confronted her and nigh on slapped her! Good on you for throwing a sicky with your new sofa. Sounds lovely.

Our dogs have never been in kennels either. We have had dogs for 30 years and always either take them with us, or when mum was alive, she would look after them for a day or so. Or we holiday separately :haha: Hotel looks fab Satz, enjoy!

Very excited today as off on a little break to Norfolk. Have to work today but will ask if I can sneak off at 4.30 as its quite a long drive. Will be a big celebration of semi retirement and Mr S birthday but no ticket to boozeville as Mr G would say :heartbeat: or stonesville as I would say :haha:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Oh you lucky thing Satz, only stayed in Harvey’s once but it is absolutely fab. I do the same thing with my doggies or when we had assorted animals, cat, rabbits etc I had someone come in. You enjoy your break too Starty. Bridget Starty was right totally unacceptable for her to rifle through your drawers. Nothing exciting planned for weekend, crochet today and then see.

Comment

Morning,
                          Got five minutes before I go to work. Looks like another Spring day.
                          Minnie Mouse tapestry coming along nicely.........she's now got a nose.
                          When you think I'd let passing strangers (well not quite) look after my kids and just about did police checks on who would look after the goldfish
                          I'm being thrown out of the house tomorrow to go shopping when the window people are here..........more for their safety than the bank balance.
                          See yous inabit.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all. Enjoy your trips ladies. I’m off to Leeds tomorrow, with kids to meet uni friends. Just shopping and packing for me today.
                            Am hanging in there. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Not sure how many times I’ll be able to check in.
                            MinStar

Comment

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]........I saw your post on the Newbies Nest. Yes, its gone very quiet on MWO. Its 2/3 years ago it started quieting down. All sorts of problems like spamming and lack of moderators. The place went haywire for a while.
                              There's a lot more peace these days, new management and better moderators.

Luckily the little charity shop I work in is a unit of Tesco and lo and behold they were selling off their special Valentines's menu half price........got two lush pieces of posh cheese cake. So much for romance in the NE of England
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                There's a lot more peace these days,
                                Evening Army ....

I do miss the variety of personalities and the mixture of differing views. There was life & passion MWO in those days.
                                Some of the 'passion' was sparked by drunken posts : but if you take them out of it - there was still very lively debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X