February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

And as for the work men........while I hid upstairs Mr JC just gave them a Paddington Bear Stare.

Paddington - Hard Stare - YouTube
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all. Have a good trip [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].
      A quick check in. Still in Leeds. Heading back on 3.15 train. Been a busy one. Hope you’re ok JC.

Love to all x
      MinStar

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        Morning All,
        I wasn't here for the great debacle of two years ago because I left after the great debacle of 5 years ago. What that lead to was the great debacle that lead me back here in yet another drunken mess. I'm all for lively debate. You can often learn more in that situation than just subsisting with your sobriety. As cowboy says though, you never know where people are at in their head and it has to be thoughtfully put.
        R
        What I'm increasingly noticing about us all is that we tend to be homebodies and hold our personal spaces as a sanctuary. Interesting. I just feel as if when any other person comes into my home that the whole energy is altered and it throws me right off. Even if it is a dear friend sometimes I light a bit of a sage stick and give the place a waft. We can't help it kids, we are sensitive critters. Sometimes I think that is half the reason we are all here. So JC, you stay in bed as long as you need to. It won't last forever.

Arvo all. Back from an absolutely amazing weekend of walking and chilling. House right on the dunes with miles of jaunts right from the door. We did not use the car once. Dogs loved it we loved it. Happy happy.

So sorry about your MIL JC. That is hard. We are going through similar with FIL. He is in his 80s and they have found "something" in his bladder. He has to go for a biopsy next week. Very scary for all. I hope its all ok but in reality he is in his 80s so assuming the worst really.

Totally agree with being a homebody Bridge, my home is my sanctuary and I really do not like that disturbed. Would not have house guests at all unless matter of life and death.

Debacles, this might sound bad but I miss them a bit :egad: They did add a bit of variety to the daily grind. Didnt much like it when they were aimed at me though :haha: but really it was laughable the insults that were thrown my way.

Comment

I miss the energy of a few years ago but NOT the debacles! Of all the places online that should be full of kindness, compassion, and love, a stop-drinking website has to be one of them. The last thing people with mental health issues need (and I contend that as addicts, we all have them) is to be made to feel weak, unworthy, or wrong. There were several times I swore I wasn't going to post what I really thought anymore (to avoid attack) or was going to leave entirely (and actually would for a few days), but always was drawn back. I know I need to be reminded of where I was and don't want to be ever again - I'm a person who very easily trivializes 'the bad stuff'. That works well in many aspects of my life but not in this one. I also think that AA has it right when they emphasize the need to give back. You help yourself while you help others. I never would have guessed that -for free and without having to be mortified by revealing myself - people on a site like this could help me. When people criticize the internet and all that comes with it, I think about the power of a site like this and know that it isn't all bad when used correctly. I'm so grateful I found it and all of you. I do wish we had more newbies, though. There were tons of them in my early days and I know that writing out my thoughts for them helped me organize my thinking so that I could communicate clearly. It was a very powerful tool for changing my thinking about drinking and addiction. We don't have those opportunities too much anymore. And I feel reluctant sometimes to repeat things people have heard from me many times before. But, lacking newbies, we can all be here for one another, no matter where on the timeline we happen to be. xx

Comment

I think you have put the what I was probably thinking into words NS. Maybe it was the energy I missed more than the fighting although it seemed to me to a select few who fought with each other and only ever reinforced to me why I wasnt going to drink. Maybe I viewed it too narrowly. One of The spats I remember with humour are a character called Kid Shelleen who delighted in shocking and offending and posted a song called the Camel Toe Song which I find funny to this day (sorry but I do have a puerile sense of humour) I am sure he was posting under a pseudonym. Anyhow I am sure it is much better the way it is especially for those affected badly by the drama. I used to love welcoming the newbies and I have spent many an hour/day trying to talk someone down from the edge and like many others trawled the just starting out board ensuring that new posters were acknowledged. Those times were precious and those opportunities to give back simply do not happen any more. I guess with the benefits come the issues of having an unmoderated forum and having lots of different characters on a board of course you will get friction. Those days seem to be long gone and it does make me sad, I made lots of good friends many of whom I saw in real life and despite the drama it was a very special time for me.

Comment

Just a quickie,
              I started posting just about a year after the camel-toe episode and half the posts had disappeared. Spent an age looking for them as I hadn't got a clue what a CT was........and then I found out by going to the gods of google. It suddenly dawned on me that perhaps those skin-tight magenta velvet trousers I used to wear weren't such a good idea.:egad:

And how many of us signed up to MWO to be cured?

Better feed himself..........he's fading away in front of the football.
              Back later.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I just googled camel toe. I can no longer throw on my legging going out for a run without a 10 profile inspection :waaaa:

There have been so many that passed through here, even since I joined. I often wonder if they are doing ok..
                Last edited by IamMary; February 18, 2019, 06:09 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Camel Toe song? :harhar: :harhar:
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all. This is the song that was the subject of much mirth

Camel ToeSong with lyrics in HD~Bob & Tom Show(Best Version On Youtube) - YouTube

Comment

Morning,
                      It is funny........in a guilty sniggery kind of way.

Just think this time next week I may have no kitchen but I'll be lying in bed looking at room service wondering whether to order eggs benedict or just a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast.
                      My biggest decision in the next week will be where I want my sockets and what covering.........I'm thinking diamante

Now must away to steam.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Jax, yes it is funny but it also caused a lot of issues for some reason.

choosing sockets is a tough one. Have them everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Hi Jax, yes it is funny but it also caused a lot of issues for some reason.
                          I just wish someone had told me all about it in my youth. Remember loons, probably way before your time though.
                          I'm sure I order from an advert like this including the scoop necked thing.

choosing sockets is a tough one. Have them everywhere!
                          By the time the kettles in, two phones, the toaster, the vapes, the kindles that'll be 80 then
                          I did ask for chrome but forgotten what colour/shade/hue that is.

Have to say, Starty, you're sounding pretty good.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; February 19, 2019, 09:06 AM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I wore all those! I used to look at them when I read NME and Melody Maker!
                            I also never knew about camel toe until that thread was put out :haha: probably made me laff all the harder.

Yes, I do feel good. Its amazing that a life change will inject a new lease of whats possible and the excitement and intrigue that entails

Comment

\And dont forget cheesecloth shirts. My absolute fave :haha:

Comment

\And dont forget cheesecloth shirts. My absolute fave :haha:
                                I used to :heartbeat: cheesecloth shirts until your mother puts them in a hot wash.
                                And platform shoes.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X