February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: February 2019 Army Manoeuvres

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] do you provide board as well. A bit far for me to come for the day I will have to make do with you tube for rain for tonight.
    Your Tapestry sounds fun. I used to do basic crocheting many years ago and have been meaning to learn again but you know where that story goes. I’ve been having a lot of me days recently. Posting and reading. I’ve already had two cups of strong coffee and it’s only 10am!
    Are you working today? [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. I didn’t realise you were retiring soon. Congrats

Comment

Morning all. Knackered.
      Worked the weekend and really tired.

Anyway good news ..... and bad news
      Bad news - YS is back drinking. 'Nuff said.
      Good news the 'ol bitch that has been the bain of my life for 18 months is LEAVING !!! inkele:
      My boss finally stood up to her, realised she is NOT 'all knowing' because she knows Excel (FFS) and made her work hours that suited the Nursing Home.
      She's throwing her toys out of the pram and says she's going somewhere else.
      I have my doubts as there was deffo something wrong there - for working an admin job her reading & writing was appalling. I thought maybe dyslexic & hiding it but don't know enough about it.
      In my kinder moments I say that is perhaps why she was on the attack with me from the time I went in.
      I was advised to give her enough rope to hang herself - and she has,

Comment

@satz sorry to hear he is back to drinking. But glad the wicked witch is dead. Love that pic. Do you know how long it will be before she has to go? Stay kind and let her hang herself I say. Hopefully she will be leaving sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          My kinda girl!
          Another thing I did, which was probably ridiculous and I shouldnt admit to it :nutso: I downloaded sound of rain with that had a subliminal message about not drinking and feel asleep listening to it. There was probably no message there, or it may have recited humpty dumpty sat on a wall in Finnish, but hey, one does what one has to do!
          Mers I did the same. I think it was the MyWayOut ones. Jesus :haha:
          I bought all the supplements too - but it was the 'brainwashing' HERE that worked.
          As long as we don't think we're 'special' with unique problems and admit to being addicted to alcohol it will work .....

Comment

Doing the MWO hokey-cokey.........will be in and out today.
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........how the feck has he still got head on his neck? I'd have throttled him. I'll be putting you forward for sainthood including putting up with that woman.

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION].......yep we can do board........half term okay. We'll have no kitchen but you'll have the place to yourself as we're thinking of relocating to a hotel (dog-friendly of course) nearby for four nights. Its half the price of the posh sink that wanted and will save me inestimable amount of anxiety. Its either that or the dog's xanax.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] wouldn’t that be nice. I’m in Leeds this weekend with two kids. Visiting some only uni friends and their families.
              I think it’s a good idea to relocate. Anxiety is a bitch and you want to reduce it as much as you can.
              I just had a short nap and did some meditation stuff. Feeling a bit more human now. How’s you cushion going?

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] GREAT idea to relocate. It is SOOO anxiety laden having them traipsing in & out. And I was working - not there all day.
                Only that we loved Terry :heart: that did our kitchen - I'd have done the same.
                Settled for din-din out every eve.

Comment

Evening all!

Yes, relocate. We had 5 weeks of upheaval and stress when our kitchen was done. Horrible. One of our dogs hated people and we had to leave him in the lounge with a big sign on the door for the workmen not to open it. One day Mr S forgot and opened the french doors and he wandered into the kitchen. I heard a rather desperate calling and came down to find one of the workman hiding behind a partially assembled kitchen unit with the dog not allowing him to move a muscle :haha:

Semi retirement starts 1st March. Its official and all confirmed Last full week this week. Mat girl doesnt start until 25th March so 3 weeks are going to be challenging

Comment

Evening.

Well, we booked it. :egad: Not expensive but a lovely hotel and close to many coffee shops and restaurants. And we take the dog. I'll be there a couple of hours on the Monday when he arrives and back on the Friday when he's scheduled to leave by noon. Mr JC can just do a bit of a drive by on his way home from work and if push comes to shove I can leap in a taxi. Barring traffic I can be home in less than half an hour.
                    Tonight rather than dreading it I'm thinking I'm going on holiday and Bess gets to go to Jesmond Dene (do a google) for her walks.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]......excited for you. Shall we do a countdown??
                    Last edited by JackieClaire; February 11, 2019, 03:17 PM.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Horray! [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION];
                      Horray! [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      Where do I get this subliminal rain recording? lol?
                      Originally posted by MinStar View Post
                      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]. You’ll have to find the link and share Hun
                      Well maybe there is something in if Dr Satz and Professor Starty have/would try it . I think I paid the price of a bottle of wine for it, but there are loads on YouTube..

Dont know what to say about YS [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Hang in there.
                      [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], are you entering day 2??
                      Last edited by IamMary; February 11, 2019, 06:22 PM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Too early to tell with NAC Starts because..oh fuck here comes the loon. talk tonight
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
                          I must get gone.........dithered about this morning and running late.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] congrats on the upcoming semi retirement. How exciting. [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] yah! To it all being booked. I bet that’s a relief. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] no I did have a few. I’ve reduced down tons and plan to keep going. The vitamins and minerals are really helping as I’m eating better and feeling better in myself.

Hope everyone is well. Have got lots done around the house this morning so I didn’t get to check in. Hope your all having a good day.

Comment

Evening,
                              [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]........I hadn't realised that you were still having the odd drink and I think you know what I'm going to say...........time to give that crutch away. We can read any book, watch many pod-casts but at the end of the day the strength has to come from yourself. For some its easy for many its a struggle. There's many that think 'why me?' Just do it now.......I've never met an alcoholic say they regret stopping drinking but I've heard hundreds cry with remorse over drinking. And many, many don't find sobriety.
                              If you choose to drink tonight.........look at the liquid in the glass and realise that you are giving it a power over you it doesn't deserve. Deride it, tell it to piss off, get angry.
                              Why .........because as human beings we're worth more than that. Much, much more.
                              I'm not sure if that was a rant, lecture or something else but it was meant with kindness and said with knowledge.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

In other news........
                                Bought a wee pair of boots at M&S and a jumper..........got to look the part when I'm on my unexpected holiday..........just don't tell Mr.JC..........he'll go crackers.
                                I learned how to use the steamer today so all the lovely donations are fit to wear straight off the rack.
                                It must be spring as Bess is starting to cast.........up to 16C this Thursday.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X