One Step at a Time - February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Thanks everyone for acknowledging my one year! I didn't mention it to hubby. This is huge for me, but I also don't want to focus too much on it. I just need to keep staying sober. Not watching any tv today. Hubby and BIL put up the crown molding and I was busy with selling my chairs and drapes online! So many people wanted those chairs. First couple who didn't want them because the arms were so worn. They didn't read the description apparently.
    Hope you all had a great day and bird, take care of yourself!

Comment

Hi all,
      Man, I am still kinda tired from that stomach bug. Had to go out today to a doc to get my asthma meds filled. He says what am I gonna do about my weight hahaha. Well I will just keep walking. He gave me some free samples since I don't have insurance. Anyway, that little jaunt wore me out. Got the house all clean though, and eating some. 3 days without Diet Pepsi, I am gonna see how long I can go. ....Rusty, I have massacered some sewing projects myself hehe......Pauly, sorry Rom has the ear infection again. Dd2 had her ears poked with a laser instead of the tubes. I was scared shitless to have them do it, as it was the docs first time trying it....Nora, I didn't watch the oscars either. Hope your email switch went well.....Liz, one day your hubs will realize you have the year in, if you don't tell him. .I hate selling stuff online, so many messages.....b

Comment

bird, sounds like you're feeling a little better. Glad you got some samples, that stuffs expensive. I work for an asthma/allergy doctor. I think walking is a great idea. I try to walk everyday too. It was so busy at work today, I didn't really get a chance!
        How was everyone else's Monday? Texted with CJ today and boy do I miss that girl. We will skype tomorrow. Talked to Mark yesterday. Erin made a crumb cake when she was off last week and brought some over when she picked up the baby. That was my dinner! OMG! So delicious. I ordered Logan a little Elmo arm chair, which is supposed to come Wednesday. I can't wait for him to see it! It's the little things, you know?
        Have a great AF night.

Comment

Oh my gosh. A little Elmo chair. I'm already planning. LOL

Bird - I hope you can get some rest. That flu can just wipe you out.

The email switch went pretty well. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is still up and working correctly in the morning.

I missed the call but the Hospice Dr called and needs to come out to evaluate Mom. Not sure what's going to happen. She has been 'up' when the nurses have been here lately so that's what they see. It's at the 6 month mark again so I imagine that they will discharge her again. Seems a little silly to me but we shall see. We have an appointment on Thursday afternoon.

I am sleepy. It's only 6:00 pm and I'm thinking about laying down. Ha ha
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
            Thanks everyone for acknowledging my one year! I didn't mention it to hubby. This is huge for me, but I also don't want to focus too much on it. I just need to keep staying sober.
            That is exactly how I feel. I understand completely. :heartbeat:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
              Still tired here, damn I want to feel normal again. Went to bed early last night but then couldn't sleep hahaa. Left the cats in, Meow gets me up when I got to sleeping good. Dd1 complaining of being broke, eats out, buys dumb stuff. I don't like hearing about it, got me kinda wound up, didn't want to drink but wanted something, ended up drinking lemonade and eating cookies, oh well...Lizann, the crumb cake sounds good right now! Bet he will love the Elmo chair!.....Nora, glad the email went ok. Hope you don't lose the hospice again......waves to Paulie, Glassie, Rusty

Comment

Nora, I don't get that whole hospice re evaluation thing at all. I thought hospice was simply palliative care till the end? Hopefully it's just some paperwork that needs to be updated.
                BIrd, I totally understand how you feel about your daughters spending habits! My kids problems were/are a huge trigger for me. I still worry about them a lot . CJ is having a very stressful time at work and trying to stick with it. Have kids they said, it'll be fun they said! Sigh. . .
                I'm tired today too guys! Days are just flying by. Finally took down my valentines day decorations. House is still disorganized with the living room stuff still not put back. Hard to get around the dining room to put things away.
                Have a great AF night everyone. Hugs, Pauly, Rusty, glassie and MinStar!

Comment

Hi guys - it looks like hospice is going to be extended until April/May. That will have been 6 months. Hospice expects it to be end of life care and I guess after 6 months there are all the insurance, medicare, etc issues. I'm sure if she would have another major decline, something could be done. I'm just grateful that we will have it for another couple months. It's not official until the Dr comes out on Thursday though.

Bird - good choice on the lemonade & cookies.

I'm sorry that there are worries about your kids. It doesn't matter how old they are, you worry. It's hard not to.

Liz - won't you be glad when you are done with the living room. Is there anyone that CJ can complain to? I mean anyone above her boss?

Did I already ask if you have watched Abducted in Plain Sight?
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I have not seen that Nora. Is it based on real life? I'd probably be afraid to leave the house or worrying bout my kids even more if I watched it. I was watching Married at First Sight tonight again. It's just not a good season this time around.
                    Yes CJ could go over her bosses head. She is holding off on that right now. The whole culture down in the islands is different. Across the board there seems to be a serious lack of respect. She is missing New Jersey a lot right now even though she loves where she is living. Just one more thing for this mama to worry about.
                    Last edited by Lizann; February 26, 2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

I will be at home the rest of the week. My clients scheduled for today and tomorrow cancelled so I am delighted about that. We will reschedule for another day.
                      [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I hope you feel better soon.:hug:Those stomach bugs are AWFUL! Kid problems....in my case....parental problems/challenges were triggers for me as well.
                      [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I am glad hospice has been extended. No, I have not seen Abducted in Plain Sight.
                      [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-
                      Yes CJ could go over her bosses head.
                      Biggest mistake to make, in most cases. Good thing that she is holding off on that right now. Cultural differences surely make her job more challenging.

Big hellos to [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], and anyone I missed...Happy AF Hump Day!

Comment

Nora,I think the girls watched that and were so disgusted by the guys control over the whole family? Even the dad? Not sure if it's the same show but the title sounds familiar, Rusty,glad you're close to home Bird,feel better,I hate lingering illnesses! Liz,how's the place coming along? Happy AF Wednesday to all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning folks. Hope it is a fantastic day for everyone
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                            Well, I am going to see my mom May 4-6. I'm scared shitless but oh well. Got 14 hour flights both ways so won't be stuck overnight in Seattle, so that is good. Seems that flight is always sold out. Did you see that plane on the news that was trying to land in the wind? I would faint dead away. ..more energy today, did a couple things in the yard. Drank a diet pepsi, oh no. It wasn't that great........Liz, that really sucks about CJs job. Any chance she could find a better job? Hope you get some time to get your house put back together.....Nora, that is great news about hospice!..I am going to try that show, I put it on my prime watchlist....Rusty, good for you getting some home time. Have a good week!....waves to Paulie and Glassie.......b

Comment

Rusty, thanks for the advice for CJ. I will pass it on. CJ has a short fuse, but I'm proud of her! I'm glad that you've got a few days off.
                              bird, glad you're feeling better. I'm sure your flight will be just fine. I do understand the fear of flying. I have gotten so much better, the more I do it. 14 hours is a long trip! I'd make sure I was good and tired before I got on that plane and then sleep as much as you can. I always enjoy catching up on movies that I haven't had time to go see,
                              Nora and Pauly, hope your both had a good Wednesday! Glassie and MinStar, hope you're day is good, just not sure if it's Thursday for you guys yet?

Comment

Good Afternoon, Friends!
                                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-WOW, that is a LONG flight for a short visit! I don't envy you having that long journey but I would love to see pictures!

Glassie-how is the decluttering coming?
                                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-such a cute picture of Logan on FB. A sleeping baby is a happy baby! :-)
                                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-how is your Mom doing? Has your fibro been manageable lately?
                                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-how are you feeling?

It's been such a relaxing day....doing paperwork with a rerun of the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" in the background. Ted just proposed to Georgette. :-). I never tire of MTM Reruns and "The Bob Newhart Show." LOL it's a miracle I get any work done.

Comment

Working...
                                X