One Step at a Time - February 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2019

Thank you Glassie. We sure do love her. The kids came in very grumpy, lack of sleep. I offered to go over to their place to take care of her while they slept. No thanks. Savannah has almost got the crawl down. She crawls but hasn't officially mastered the crawling really fast. Give her another week and she'll be everywhere. :rotlf:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

What a sweetheart [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], you must be quite the proud Grandma!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        What a sweetheart @NoraC, you must be quite the proud Grandma!
        Ahh, thanks Cowboy. I sure am. We love that little girl.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
          Boy am I behind!! Went to that drum circle thing today then dd1 came over when I got home. Drum circle was really different now, more yakking than playing, was myself and 9 more ladies, the facilitator a psychotherapist. Had bunch of finger food laid out, all of them talking and shy me felt out of place. Then the circle, we all had to choose a zen card, read it and talk about it, everyone lights a candle and says why we are there. Then she says a prayer that was kinda half native american half east indian, a bit of drumming, more talking, more drum, at the end one of them laid on the floor and covered with a blanket, we all walked a circle around here while drumming, then the facilitator shakes a maraca over her and waves some wind chimes, another prayer, then back to the food table. Strangest drum circle I have ever been too. Not sure I am going back, too much talking. not enough playing.....Dd2 still in n.c., about a 5 hour drive I would think, yes she is a philosophy major....dd1 in rehearsals for play, she is stage manager this time and excited about that....Minstar, what kind of herbs are you taking? I am interested in herbs and took a class not long ago......Glassie, a boy! How sweet......Nora, the pics are wonderful! She looks so cute in the earrings. Bet your mom enjoys watching her. I am in eastern time zone....Paulie, hope the insurance comes through quickly. Sorry the slip, I feel the same way sometimes, will I ever get any long term?...N.S. glad you got some good grands time in due to the weather....Rusty, we are the same age. I do not like snakes either. That one was not poisonous. When are you off to Canada?......Liz, glad you didn't see that accident. Did you get your paint? Good on SILs surgery...off to watch tv

Comment

Bird - that doesn't sound like something I would enjoy. So great that you went out and tried it. I'm shy like you so I wouldn't have enjoyed having to talk to the group.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Friends!

Back from dinner...oh I am ever stuffed! I absolutely did not need that raspberry schaum torte but oooh was it good.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I realized after I posted, introducing people to
              @ MinStar, that I had forgotten to include you two. :-( 😡😡🥵🥵🥵. I felt so badly and tried to post from my phone and I got an error message and it would not post! Anyway, I am so sorry and it was not done intentionally. Unfortunately, I was in a rush this morning and should’ve looked at it more closely before I sent it to see if I had left anyone out. UGH!

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]- I am not shy but I am not sure I would’ve enjoyed the drum circle either. It seems as though you’ve participated before, though. How do you hear about all these cool events that you go to… From your daughters? You always are willing to try new things and it seems like you’re always going to fascinating places near your house.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-Savanna is absolutely adorable… Love those big eyes and jet black hair.

[MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Glassy-How wonderful that you will have a grandson…an heir, the Little Prince. :-) Now you will have one of each variety. LOL!

I am exhausted… I will post more tomorrow. Waves to everyone!

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-Thank you for posting the book recommendations and the links. I really appreciate it!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]-Good to see you! Thanks for stopping in.

Pauly--I hope today was a better day for you…

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-Hope you had a fun day. I am anxious to hear what you are thinking as far as paint color in your living room.
                Last edited by Rusty; February 9, 2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Rusty - I'm glad that dinner was delicious. I am heading to bed to read (which means falling asleep). Hope everyone had or is having a happy day.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]. Thank you for those links. I will look into them. I really appreciate the recommendations You are right about being more involved. Over the week I’ve read more threads and posted more. It has helped.
                      [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION] C thank you for sharing your story. Sounds like you have a full house. Sometimes I think we get caught up with our own lives and don’t realise that life throws stuff at everyone. Recently Mr MS mother took a fall. We found her at the bottoms of a small flight of stairs. Don’t know how long she had been there. She has a small fracture in hip and spine. She then went back in a few weeks later with suspected stroke. Lifenis always going to bring new things good or bad it’s how we react to it I guess. I’ve been using al to react :sad: [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] glad you enjoyed your dinner and happy birthday
                      Last edited by MinStar; February 10, 2019, 04:46 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]:heartbeat:Thank you for posting my beautiful birthday cake! So typical of you...putting others' wants and needs ahead of your own. You are a sweetheart.
                        [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]-good job on doing a lot of reading here. It really does help!

I have lots of work to do today before I leave for Canada tomorrow.

Back later. You guys ROCK!:love:

Comment

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]-WOW, sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's fall! How old is she? Does she live near you?

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] she’s in her mid 70’s. Not a nice person at the best of times. I don’t really see her much. She loves about 20 minutes away. She doesn’t have a good relationship with her kids either. They’re all pulling together to help get her back on her feet. They other siblings live An hour away so alit has fallen in us. She had strict food requirements that only I can cook from all her siblings and their partners. It is what it is eh?

Serious anxiety kicking in today. Cooked some vegetable biriyani for lunch. How’s your day looking?

Comment

Hey Minstar-sorry to hear the MIL is a pain! Lucky you, you get to be her chef. :-( What is vegetable biriyani?

Comment

Rusty!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; February 10, 2019, 08:54 AM.
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X