No announcement yet.

synethetic alcohol in a few years? hope so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, and with all due respect Scotskev, my opinion is that these synthetic alcohol threads should be moved to the Moderators section, seems to me that the only people who would drink them are the ones not ready to abstain....
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: synethetic alcohol in a few years? hope so

Originally posted by scotskev81 View Post
      I consider myself a normal drinker who drinks too much in social settings. I don’t drink alone, in the morning or just to get drunk and nothing else. I love going out and sitting in a bar, granted those sessions can get out of hand sometimes but other times they can be quite civil.

For me this synethic alcohol would be perfect.

p.s. people who have long since given up drinking won’t start drinking this. It’s for the current crop, problem drinker and also for the future generation.
      I don't mean this in a bad way at all. But, I am questioning how you are having liver damage and can still consider yourself a normal drinker. I think that I read that you were concerned about your liver readings.
      I just have to tell you that it isn't worth it. I wish I could save you the hardship. Take care.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So glad to see you [MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION] - I don't get to other threads much, but glad you're here.

Scotskev - I spent a good long time trying to convince myself that I was a normal drinker who just drank too much from time to time. It was such a relief to finally come clean with myself and admit that normal drinkers don't drink too much as often as I did; don't worry about liver function; don't organize evening outings around the availability of alcohol; don't wake at 3am with guilt/shame/regret; don't... (there is a long list as it turns out). I hope you get the answers you're looking for, but if you look at my avatar, maybe they have been there all along...

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
          I hope you get the answers you're looking for, but if you look at my avatar, maybe they have been there all along...

Pav
          Pav - hubby & I were watching The Wizard of Oz over the weekend. I thought of you. :heartbeat: I started to tell hubby about your avatar but I wouldn't have had words to express how much that quote means to me. Or how important you are in my journey. So, thank you.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by 4theboyz View Post
            At first blush I myself would not touch this with a 10 foot pole. My first reaction though was this could be great for harm reduction from booze for a hard core vodka drinker like myself. But 220 days sober the mere thought now of ANYTHING that would alter my mind would only serve as an engraved invitation to undo all the hard work I have invested in removing myself from all substance that alter my mind in anyway. That said, on paper it seems to nicely circumnavigate all the negative issues of what alcohol does to the abuser of alcohol. Yes it may even mitigate or prevent abuse of booze. A lot has yet to be proven out as to how this form of an alcohol high affects normies and alkies alike. Again for someone like me who is so easily addicted to anything that hints at a high it would probably make matters worse not better. I know I can only go forward in life with completely sober winds in my sails and I actually prefer it this way now. I have come to realize and understand that alcohol was not my problem, it was only the medicine my mind craved to numb out unmanaged stress and anxiety and I could have just as easily become addicted to pot, heroin, opiods or anything beside just alcohol in my quest to calm the noise in my skull. It was lots of therapy and not drugs or alcohol that "cured" me and this new fangled alcohol would only distract me from addressing my real issues.
            Yes I agree with you.

If you’ve already quit alcohol then there will be no need to try this new one.
            I was thinking of the people who are already drinking and have no desire to quit. “normal drinkers” someone once said.

Might also be good for the next generation of drinkers who will be aged around 18 when this hits the market. That group need never try the real stuff.

Comment

mods please move this to the MODERATION section

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                Look at what synthetic marijuana has done to people. Psychosis and death in some people. Synthetic or not it will affect people differently with the chemicals in it just like synthetic marijuana.

Scots you came on here for a reason, this is a forum for alcoholics or problem drinkers, obviously you were worried about your intake or you would not have google what you did to find MWO. I didnt drink in the mornings and i didnt think i was as bad as others, but i hit my rock bottom and it was my rock bottom. Now i dont give a shit about alcohol, i dont need to justify when i drink, why i drink or who i drink with as i dont drink.

This may sound callous but who the fuck cares about synthetic alcohol, it will hurt people just like the other shit they bring out on the market, promising the world but all they do is make money off people who do have issues with the hope of a better life. The only way for a better life is to make the choice to stop drinking or taking the substance you imbibe in off the table. My idea of fun is not going out and watching people get shit faced, id prefer netflix and a good knitting pattern or meeting friends for a meal and coffee.

I understand you feel passionately about this.

I don’t think Professor Nutt is looking at this in a money making scheme setting. He is trying to make progress and phase out the dangerous alcohol that is still in our society today. It may be too late for all of us that have grown up in a time where there was only the real stuff available, but there is hope for the future if this alternative if considerably less dangerous.

Looking at the effects of vaping on smokers body’s in comparison with real cigarettes shows a vast overall improvement in health and there are people who have never smoked the real ones.

Granted it’s not worth starting either of these drugs (vaping or synthetic alcohol) but it’s simply not possible to overcome society and what people choose to do. Only option is to make it safer for those that either choose to, or those that fall into the trap.
                If it saves some lives or improves health then we should be in favour of it.
                Last edited by scotskev81; April 2, 2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE]@scotskev81...this is how you contact the Forum Moderators. [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]. [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]....please move this thread to the Moderation Thread. Thank you. If you want to notify someone that you have posted, then you must use their full MWO name with an @ before it.

I agree wholeheartedly with [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION]....
                  Look at what synthetic marijuana has done to people. Psychosis and death in some people. Synthetic or not it will affect people differently with the chemicals in it just like synthetic marijuana.
                  Scots you came on here for a reason, this is a forum for alcoholics or problem drinkers, obviously you were worried about your intake or you would not have google what you did to find MWO. I didnt drink in the mornings and i didnt think i was as bad as others, but i hit my rock bottom and it was my rock bottom. Now i dont give a shit about alcohol, i dont need to justify when i drink, why i drink or who i drink with as i dont drink.
                  Last edited by Rusty; April 2, 2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

if anyone's interested.

Alcarelle: David Nutt Invents The Alcohol That Doesn't Cause Hangovers

latest news from December 2019 regarding this.

Possibly could be out this year or next. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X