Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March 2019 Army Thread

Morning gorgeousnesses,
    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........I get very excited about going away. Love packing and buying new knickers and stuff like that. But there's no place like home and your own bed.
    Was actually going to cook something in but the ovens needed to be proofed or something like that to burn off some sort of covering on the inside. Didn't half pong whatever they'd put to protect it.
    Short and sweet as we have many, many boxes of crap to unpack.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
      It's here, SPRING!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4663[/ATTACH]

Been a busy week - out after school so not getting in til late and i get banjaxed so early... cos I get up so early. Hope yis are all well.
      I her ya on that Mr D'Arcey

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]
        Bess barely 'speaks' to us after she's had her hair done.
        Rosie won't talk to us either ..... even if we only wash her paws.

She having the other big 'job' done next week - Jesus ..... :crybaby:

Comment

Late check-in.
          I'm having a love/hate relationship with the kitchen especially the oven. I'm a gas woman..........not a centigrade woman. Apparently shouting at the oven........." cook you damned chicken cook" doesn't work..........you have to press buttons and put it in the oven with the light on not the grill bit.
          Luckily I had some Chinese food left from last night.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Rosie won't talk to us either ..... even if we only wash her paws.
          She having the other big 'job' done next week - Jesus ..... :crybaby:
          Ahh bless. Best thing ever getting her done. To put it bluntly, last thing you want is a randy pup in heat. They attract males from miles away.
          But do leave the room when she's wearing her cone........its impossible not to snigger.
          Mind you think Starty found a better kind of thing than a cone for one of her doggers.

Got some jam fairy cakes in the oven and they are looking good.
          Last edited by JackieClaire; March 2, 2019, 07:10 PM.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning All,
            I hated that day Satzy but what was I going to do? Let her have puppies then GIVE THEM AWAY???!!!!!!! A house full of golden retrievers? Yes. But no.
            How about this?

51459366_10217987473748280_7468801338646724608_n.jpg
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening,
              Im a gas women too [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], but am long overdue a service. Very hard to get a gas oven man.
              So, can we have a goo at the new kitchen???!

Excellent idea Rustop had about the rent Bridge, youd have your kitchen dosh in no time!

Picked up a tummy bug and Ive been starving myself. I just lost all reason and milled into a packet of crisps, regret it already (mostly, they were delicious).

Dont think we have employment laws like that here [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], Id be interested it we did. Maybe [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] can enlighten us!??

Welcome [MENTION=24344]moon[/MENTION]! [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], hope your having a fantastic yoga weekend.. Is it an alcohol free gig?
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Is Rosie old enough to be spayed Satz? I thought it was around 6 months or maybe she is that already. Doesnt time fly.

Hope the tummy bug is soon gone Mary, they are awful.

Hoping the weather holds so I can get a good walk in this morning. Meeting up with Chill yest was lovely. She is doing great as ever. We are looking for another retreat over the summer. Went to one last year which was good. A weekend of yoga, meditation and enforced silence :haha:

Comment

I would totally avoid the cone, Think they add more distress than the op. The inflatable collar is a great option.

Wish I could post videos. I taught my boys to file their own nails as one is TERRIFIED of having his done. To the point of needing sedation as the last time was so traumatic for him. I taught him in an evening the "dig' command on a block with sandpaper and now he has beautiful short nails with NO aggro

Comment

Good morning everyone. Hope you are feeling better today Mary. That’s brilliant re the nails Starty . Glad you had a nice meet up with Chill. My daughters dog is very nervous and it looks like she could be getting arthritis, she’s lucky she now has her own personal vet! No walk for me yesterday as it was horrible but I finished my clothes. Feels great, I can now lay hands on every item I own. Filled nearly 3 Black bags. Going to start on his lordships this week. Hoping to get out for a nice walk today.

Comment

Morning,
                      Photos of the kitchen will be forthcoming after two things........a) they put hinges on the correct side of one cupboard door and doesn't open properly ( a minor error we only found yesterday) and b) work out how the feck I post real photos to MWO.....
                      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........that's exactly the thing I was thinking of.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........get well soon, pet. Prolly craving salts having the crisps. Can someone nip out and get some dioralyte?

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].....I'm thinking you have you're very own pet vet child. Very handy. My pet vet was the husband of a very good mate but he's taken early retirement. He did all out neutering (even the boy dogs) and the final journeys for our previous dogs.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].....so happy you're still in touch with Chill. Send my love (actually meant to say that on Friday).
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It is lovely to stay in touch with her after all these years. She is not the chilled out girl that was living in Portugal any longer who never watched the news :haha:

I just bingewatched the whole of dirty john on Netflix. Very good if anyone is after recs

Comment

Yo.

Sunday night already?! Like, WTF?

Yesterday's run wasn't;t so bad, weather wise. It was bad leg wise. I was thinking i must be getting old... but then went for a walk in the hills and met a runner I know - he's about mid-late 50s - who was speaking about doing a 72 mile race later in the year. That threw my "i must be getting too old" thinking out of my heid.

Originally posted by starty View Post

Totally get that feeling RC. I really suffer in the winter with SAD. This year not so much as I think its been brighter generally. I remember going to Scotland to see Chill a few years ago and I remember feeling that the sky was so grey and nearly crashing down on my head. It felt very oppressive. Would you consider moving elsewhere?
                          Yes. And no. I'd need more of a reason than the weather I think... and when it's nice here, Scotland - like the west coast where I am - is probably one of the bonniest places on all Earth. (I am biased of course!) But, yeah, at times, like whenever I visit my brother in Brighton and they have way more big bright brighton-blue skies and I come back to a a dreich Dumbarton deluge... I think, maybe i should move :haha:

How are we all? [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - when's the big snip happening? Welcome [MENTION=24344]moon[/MENTION] - we is the groovy kids here [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - apologies, yes, tis AUTUMN for some weirdos who live on the other side of the world :haha:

Big waves to the rest of youse - gotta go and pack for skool.

Comment

[MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION]..well if you're getting old, I'm positively getting ancient.
                            Looking forward to tomorrow in my own house with just Bess.
                            S&H starts his new job tomorrow.
                            Jenny back to school too.
                            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........Hope you're feeling much, much better. Have one of these to be going on with.:hug:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Am back to normal, thanks all.. :happy2:

Well done [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] on the clear out. 3 bags was a good days work and I bet you feel like you have more clothes than you had before (now that you can see the stuff you actually like).
                              Very handy have a qualified vet now, best of luck to her in the new job.. Any your son too [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]! Lots of new beginnings recently, including [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] on the new hours and JC' shiny kitchen.., its brilliant.

72 miles [MENTION=18049]RunningCourage[/MENTION], thats 115km, is that all in one run or can he sleep in between? Im exhausted just reading about it.
                              Our club hosted a race today, so we were all out in force handing volunteering, which would have been great had we not had monsoon rain, followed by a few inches of SNOW! Autumn you say??

Might move onto dirty John so, but the trailer gives most of it away, which is annoying. Maybe I'll watch it anyway. First bed, work and all the other bits..

Night all.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all. A quick check in as I get back into school routine and house stuff. I’ve not had a chance to catch up properly but will try later. Weekend was good and thanks everyone for the welcome. [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]- yes a booze free event. It’s so nourishing and I’m still buzzing from it now. A nourishing circle of like minded people all supporting each other. Sound familiar?
                                JC hope you sorted that new oven out. Happy Monday all.
                                MonStar

Comment

Working...
                                X