April Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Morning all - no work today :yay: but typically awake at sparrow-fart.

Update on YS. He is more often sober now than drinking.
    Last 2 relapses were a week apart & lasted just 1 day. This is deffo progress from where we were.
    I'm hoping this is is a sign that he is realising now how much better it is to wake up sober & with a clear head. How drinking causes upset and resulting with us just ignoring him. This is how it has evolved - we just don't even bother engaging with him any more while drunk or hungover ... even Rosie runs away from him

He is working freelance now with a magazine - so we'll see.

Comment

Morning,
      Just a quickie as I'm going to get my ear trumpets check up.
      Its Baltic out so back to granny boots
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
        I did get the ear trumpets tuned in............would you believe it was something to do with frequency. Its all clever stuff.
        Joseph is corny, fun with very clever lyrics.
        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]............always think of you having your Friday night on a Wednesday night.
        It snowed today............something that seems to happen regularly around these parts in April. Shops full of Spring clothes and we just put our thermal underwear on and pile our sweaters on top..........such fun.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
          Good to hear the penny is falling with YS.
          Great you got the ear trumpets tuned up How are they working out?

Confo day tomorrow, its going to be a wet one!
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning/middle of night greetings folks. The dreaded 2.30am wake up after 4 hours sleep with my head spinning. All part of the joyful payback from my friend AL cause I no longer wanted to play anymore. On the plus side it is not every night and my dreams have returned which I always enjoy ‘seeing’ happen. Give it a week or so and normal sleep patterns will settle in, been there, done that, know the drill. Knowing what I do and being a battle hardened veteran of this war and yet still I allowed myself to let the beast back into my life. Thankfully his black dog hasn’t followed this time, or maybe I managed to head down a different path just in time....
            Anyway just the early hours mutterings of a man trying to follow that crack of light he sees through the dark clouds. Wish me strength and luck on my travels for I am packed and already on my way home....again.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Another early riser here but I have had about 7 hours sleep. Safe travels Tabs, hang on, you know the drill. Good news about YS, we all do it our own way. As long as he is trying there is hope. How are the ear trumpets working out JC?

Hoping to get long hike in with the visitors but don’t know about the weather. Fingers crossed and for you too Mary, enjoy the confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                Good morning/middle of night greetings folks. The dreaded 2.30am wake up after 4 hours sleep with my head spinning. All part of the joyful payback from my friend AL cause I no longer wanted to play anymore. On the plus side it is not every night and my dreams have returned which I always enjoy ‘seeing’ happen. Give it a week or so and normal sleep patterns will settle in, been there, done that, know the drill. Knowing what I do and being a battle hardened veteran of this war and yet still I allowed myself to let the beast back into my life. Thankfully his black dog hasn’t followed this time, or maybe I managed to head down a different path just in time....
                Anyway just the early hours mutterings of a man trying to follow that crack of light he sees through the dark clouds. Wish me strength and luck on my travels for I am packed and already on my way home....again.
                Just do 2 things will you?

1. Don't drink
                2. Stick with us

Don't worry about anything else.
                I'll be back in the morning.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Just do 2 things will you?

1. Don't drink
                  2. Stick with us
                  Been dithering about for a while wondering how to reply...........honestly thank you, Bridgeeeeeeeee its that bloody simple.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  I'll be back in the morning.
                  I leave your breakfast by your bedroom door. Couple of boiled eggs and soldiers????
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Welcome home, kTab :hug:. I hope you add some chapters to your thread. Your writing helps people understand addiction - and care about the addict.

Comment

Evening,
                      [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]............always lovely to see you.
                      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........I thought you were at a conference, didn't realize its a confirmation. Hope it went/is going well.
                      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........I hate the ear trumpets. They're a necessary evil though. I've got over the bit where I can feel them so that's progress.

I had a massive panic attack late this morning Took me by surprise. Its been a long, long time since I've had one.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Several years ago I would get those when I was stopped at traffic lights, [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. I have no idea why they started or stopped. I'm so sorry you had one - it feels terrible :hug:

Comment

:hug: [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I've never had nor seen a panic attack so cannot offer any advice - but I've heard it's horrendous ......
                          :hug: @Tabbers - keep going forward .... we'll link you along..
                          Welcome [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]
                          Poor 'ol Mary got shite weather for the Confirmation..... wind , rain, hail, snow more rain :egad: - but hopefully they all enjoyed it anyway...
                          Last edited by satz123; April 4, 2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            I had a massive panic attack late this morning Took me by surprise. Its been a long, long time since I've had one.
                            What do you think brought it on Jacks?

Lovely day, rain held off. Lovely service, good food after.

Tabbers, hang in there, once your over this hump, you'll never have to go back there again.

Night all..
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                              Wishing you strength and a reconnection with your truth me ol mate. A lot of people need you.

x post. Yo Mary!
                              Last edited by Guitarista; April 4, 2019, 04:49 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Been dithering about for a while wondering how to reply...........honestly thank you, Bridgeeeeeeeee its that bloody simple.

I leave your breakfast by your bedroom door. Couple of boiled eggs and soldiers????
                                and bacon please. lots of soldiers.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X