X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: April Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Evening,
    @NoSugar............always lovely to see you.
    @IamMary..........I thought you were at a conference, didn't realize its a confirmation. Hope it went/is going well.
    @rustop59...........I hate the ear trumpets. They're a necessary evil though. I've got over the bit where I can feel them so that's progress.

I had a massive panic attack late this morning Took me by surprise. Its been a long, long time since I've had one.
    Used to have them too. The most God-awful sensation. Funny [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] SO many people have trouble with traffic lights and the anticipation. I don't know what it is about them. A fundamental symbolism?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So how are you going Tabbers? Would it help to look back through your own thread/musings to try to map where you're going and what to expect. I chanced upon some old garbling of mine and I tell you what they have really helped at times. Journalling - so useful.
      How is Mrs Tabbers with it all?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Big hug JC, a lot has been happening for you the last while. Maybe it all caught up on you. Nice relaxing weekend recommended. Seems you got the best of the weather yesterday Mary. We got great hike done in the morning but the afternoon was dreadful. Daughter was working over in Clonsilla and said it was grand over there. Usual busy Friday planned, walk, crochet, shopping and picking up hubby. Notice cars covered in frost so better de-ice.

Comment

Morning,
          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........duly noted. As its Saturday a few mushrooms and fried tomatoes?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I truly hope you never get one. They're exhausting.

Mers, Rustles, I think you're right its been a build-up of trade people traipsing in and out the house. Been feeling like a meerkat always on the alert for the next knock on the door, the next estimate, the next delivery.....which is a shed and a new bed....trying to get estimates out of people is like pulling teeth....luckily we're on holiday for a few days beginning of May.........just over the border in Kelso. Cannot wait.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning,
            @byebyebridgetjones...........duly noted. As its Saturday a few mushrooms and fried tomatoes?

@satz123, I truly hope you never get one. They're exhausting.

Mers, Rustles, I think you're right its been a build-up of trade people traipsing in and out the house. Been feeling like a meerkat always on the alert for the next knock on the door, the next estimate, the next delivery.....which is a shed and a new bed....trying to get estimates out of people is like pulling teeth....luckily we're on holiday for a few days beginning of May.........just over the border in Kelso. Cannot wait.
            Yes. As it's saturday....
            We just have to face the fact that we are introverted anti-socials JC....No shame in it, love. Quite a bit of pride akshully. I have a new round of renovations (hell) coming up in about 3 weeks. I would rather have my kidneys harvested but it has to be done.

Tabbers, please check in mate.

I'm off to bed.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening,
              Hope your feeling better [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. You know, given what you've undertaken, you have coped with it brilliantly.
              What are you getting done [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]??

Just finished a sticky toffee pudding for my sons birthday and I forgot to put the treacle in :sad: 1st world problems...
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all, thanks for your support and input.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                So how are you going Tabbers? Would it help to look back through your own thread/musings to try to map where you're going and what to expect. I chanced upon some old garbling of mine and I tell you what they have really helped at times. Journalling - so useful.
                How is Mrs Tabbers with it all?
                Hi Bridgeypoos, I’m doing ok thanks. I have been back to page 1 of my written thoughts and you are absolutely correct it is a great starting point. I did the same thing previously, re-read my even older mutterings of where I was and could see the progress, it is a powerful tool if you allow it to be. Maybe when I feel a little less disgusted and let down by myself I may begin to put pen to paper again as it were.
                Mrs Tabs is, as usual, a saint.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone. Bit grey and dull but hopefully will get a hike in. Have arranged to meet up with a friend. Was getting a bit lazy over the winter but am getting back into it the last few weeks. I am also doing my meditation every day and feel better for it.

Great to see you back Tabs. From what I remember you enjoyed meditation/yoga? Are you still practicing? If not maybe that’s a starting point? Waves to the rest of the army, have a lovely Saturday.

Comment

Morning,
                    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............thank you. There was a humungous sigh of relief last night when we were told the bed's coming next Saturday. Himself will deal with it.
                    Never made sticky toffee pudding...........pineapple upside down cake is my go to.
                    The odd thing is all the work people have been charming bar one..........he was fine with us but didn't like Bess. Even the carpet fitters shared their biscuits with her. Guess who won't be getting any more work from us.......we come as a package.
                    [MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]..........our better halves are saints. There's a special place in heaven for them. Which will confuse Mr. JC as he's an atheist
                    [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......enjoy your hiking.
                    [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........I'll hold your hand through your refurb just like you lot held mine. Ours was a necessary evil........the house was looking dated to say the least and bits were dropping off. Bit like me
                    I know its late but here's your breakfast.

Its eleven years ago today we set off on our grand adventure to the USA...Boston & New York.....and would you believe got snowed in at Heathrow. 17 of us off to my cousin's wedding.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                      Evening,
                      Hope your feeling better @JackieClaire. You know, given what you've undertaken, you have coped with it brilliantly.
                      What are you getting done @byebyebridgetjones??

Just finished a sticky toffee pudding for my sons birthday and I forgot to put the treacle in :sad: 1st world problems...

Getting the deck repaired and extended Mers. I've already fallen though it once and almost broke my leg.
                      Sticky date pud......ermigord yum...
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello Troopers from a very wet, rainy, cloudy Athens!! Does the weather man not know that this is the first weekend of April. We want sunshine! We had enough rain over the winter to last us for the next 5 years!!

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] - I had a dream about you last night! Not that we've ever met, but we were having a "flirt". Don't know where that came from but I must say you're in very good physical condition. Must be all that garden work!!

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - glad to hear that young Satz is improving. Hopefully in the very near future he will give it up completely and you can have your minds at rest. And Rosie's too. Funny how doggers have such an amazing instinct when it comes to staying away from people!

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - hope you're coping with all the celebrations. Never made a sticky pudding either. I'll stick to the upside down cake as well.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I had never had a panic attack until just recently and had a few small ones. Didn't much like it. Suddenly out of nowhere I got this feeling of fear and my stomach felt like a huge pit. Very at odds with what I am usually like - I'm not a person afraid of things so when it happened, it was something completely alien to me. I recognized it for what it was and got through it but it was very unpleasant and happened a few times over a couple of days. I put it down to stress with what is going on with younger son and his separation. My special friend had panic attacks when he was drinking. Fear of not being in a safe place while inebriated. He would drive to a hospital parking lot and sit in his car. He felt safer knowing he could just walk up to the door and be admitted if necessary. Glad you are getting your renovations done. I'm sure it will be not only a relief but a delight when your home is finished and looking new. As for the workman not liking Bess, we had the same incident with our Freddie. The electrician coming down off the ladder went to kick Freddo who in his turn growled and grabbed the man's pantleg. He had never done that either before nor since.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - what will you be doing to your home? We bought an apartment in 2005 that was in the process of being finished. Gawd, I had to be there 2 and 3 days a week to make sure the workers got the things right. At one point they painted the whole apartment peachy-pink instead of just the one wall as I'd requested, then they brought closets for the bedrooms in a light mustard rather than white.:egad: Oh, and a water heater too large to go in the space that was intended for it. And the Thursday before the weekend that we moved in, they tore up the hardwood floors in our bedroom as dampness had gotten to them and the wood had warped. Fun and games. Swore I would never buy a new place or renovate again!!!

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - if you lived here, you'd be hiking in the rain today. Hope the weather is better in your area.

I got new boots the other day and they make me smile - about 10" high and leather. Colour? Watermelon pink!! As I said to the salesgirl - you only live once! I couldn't resist them - they were the only ones left, were my size and were marked down from 130 euro to 20! That makes me smile even more!!

Hello to anyone I've missed and wishing you all a fun Saturday.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                          Evening all, thanks for your support and input.

Hi Bridgeypoos, I’m doing ok thanks. I have been back to page 1 of my written thoughts and you are absolutely correct it is a great starting point. I did the same thing previously, re-read my even older mutterings of where I was and could see the progress, it is a powerful tool if you allow it to be. Maybe when I feel a little less disgusted and let down by myself I may begin to put pen to paper again as it were.
                          Mrs Tabs is, as usual, a saint.
                          Kicking your own arse won't help. Any day you choose can be the first day of the rest of your life, mate. We are the lucky ones. We have help available to us. So many don't.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Stirly love!
                            I agree property maintenance is doing my head in at the mo. It's really scary on a single income but there 'ya go...
                            Struggling to understand your weather patterns against our Stirls. Must look into it.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
                              @IamMary.............thank you. There was a humungous sigh of relief last night when we were told the bed's coming next Saturday. Himself will deal with it.
                              Never made sticky toffee pudding...........pineapple upside down cake is my go to.
                              The odd thing is all the work people have been charming bar one..........he was fine with us but didn't like Bess. Even the carpet fitters shared their biscuits with her. Guess who won't be getting any more work from us.......we come as a package.
                              @Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)..........our better halves are saints. There's a special place in heaven for them. Which will confuse Mr. JC as he's an atheist
                              @rustop59......enjoy your hiking.
                              @byebyebridgetjones...........I'll hold your hand through your refurb just like you lot held mine. Ours was a necessary evil........the house was looking dated to say the least and bits were dropping off. Bit like me
                              I know its late but here's your breakfast.

Its eleven years ago today we set off on our grand adventure to the USA...Boston & New York.....and would you believe got snowed in at Heathrow. 17 of us off to my cousin's wedding.

Oh Christ love ! Even I can't eat that!!!
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                                Oh Christ love ! Even I can't eat that!!!
                                Any left ???

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]......saucy-dreams
                                I used to get the panic attacks all the time when I was drinking. Interesting your special friend went to the hospital. We still have a teeny bit of logic left even in the depths.
                                I curled into the smallest ball a human being could get. The same kind of logic..........the smaller I was the less likely I could be 'seen' or 'noticed' I presume.
                                Talking of your man friend how is he after his illness last year.
                                Like Bridgee said, weird weather. A lot of people here used to pop over (and still do) to Greece earlier in the year as it got too hot in the Summer. I baked in May 35 years ago my tan lasted two years.

We'll have to write a book of home-improvement nightmares or perhaps start a business of hiring dogs out to snarl at the iffy ones.
                                Oddly enough we get a small reduction in our house insurance because we have a dog. Apparently, a barking dog's a lot more effective than a burglar alarm. Its only a tenner a year but evry little helps.

Tomorrow we are bringing the base of the old bed downstairs and put it in the back garden........our back garden is now looking like the local council tip. We live in hope that some ne're do wells steal the stuff but even they have taste.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X