X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Evening,
    Where's the gang today?
    Great news on the hip [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. How long do you think you'll have to wait? Every single person (all my aunts for a start) I know who got a hip replaced, praises it like a miracle.
    I get 31 days holidays, so not too bad.

Im the same with housework Rustop. Ive discovered wireless headphones and an audio book makes it a bit more palatable.
    Early run tomorrow, glad I can do it without wasting half the day nursing a hangover.

Night all.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

I really need to learn to make friends with housework. I find it so daunting to tackle :haha:
      Ah FECK the housework Starts !!
      Since Rosie arrived the house is in a constant state of upheaval, mucky pawprints, chewed skirting, fluff in every corner. - she loves nothing better than to pull every last bit of stuffing out of the latest toy I've bought her & then Tug-o-war with the remains .
      She's the funniest little thing - we adore her :heart:

Comment

Happy Star Wars Day.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

This may be a three in a row job.
          Mr JC is doing really well. His progress is nothing short of a miracle.........however. We received a copy of his admission and treatment which was also copied to his surgeon and GP. It contained a couple of mistakes......one being they sent the GP letter to a doctor who retired 2 years ago..........secondly that he hurt himself in the bedroom.........it was the bathroom........the details of the trials and tribulations of getting him from the bathroom (which inhindsight would make a hilarious silent movie).........the details were wrong. I was with him through each explanation (which he gave correctly, coherently and in detail)of how it happened from the ambulance crew, admission, the first triage nurse, the young surgeon that manoevered it back in.
          It may seem petty but and its a big but. The bath and the bed are different heights........essential as the heights involved are a factor to why it happened. It took two people to get him into the bedroom. He waited over four hours for an ambulance.
          He's now written to both the GP, his surgeon and the hospital to put them straight....using big long lawyer words....if they can't get something as simple as that right I despair. What would have happened if you were on your own.
          I however have been a mess, so excuse my not posting. Its horrible trying to be cheery when your loved one is in so much pain.........but I managed.
          Last edited by JackieClaire; May 4, 2019, 04:29 AM.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Told you three in a row.
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....:hug:.....thankyou for my lovely, lovely gift. Its so gorgeous, I cried.
            Dogs in cars.......Bonnie our first dog vomited every time she was in the car. Just as we thought were getting away with it she'd do a spectacular........think The Exorcist.
            Dylan didn't give a toss.
            Bess has to be drugged as she's so anxious. She gets very excited about getting in and then shakes..........well she doesn't anymore as long as we give her the xanax at the right moment.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........when it goes ahead feel free to message Mr JC. Its made an incredible difference to his life. Fair enough he won't be able to take up bungee-jumping, para-gliding or parachuting but they weren't on his wish list anyway.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

4 in a row.
              When I say managed I should have said
              1) I plastered a smile on my face.
              2) No-one actually asked how I was so I didn't have to lie and say I was falling apart.
              3) I cried until I could cry no more.
              !
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                4 in a row.
                When I say managed I should have said
                1) I plastered a smile on my face.
                2) No-one actually asked how I was so I didn't have to lie and say I was falling apart.
                3) I cried until I could cry no more.
                !
                :hug::hug::hug: JC. Glad it is all over and Mr JC ok. Out walking and gardening all day, just a quick check in before I start getting dinner ready.

Comment

Jax I am sorry you have been so anxious. Anxiety is awful and so exhausting. Hospitals and doctors can be so inept at times. We can only hope that when it matters they are at the top of their game.

thanks for the offer of PM for Mr JC, I may well take him up on it. I am quite nervous of the whole thing, it does seem like quite a big deal.

Rustop your day sounds lovely, here it has been lovely one min and pissing down the next.Freezing to boot. Need some warmer weather to encourage me to tackle the weeds. I have gone as far as to get a weed spray thing and a little tool for digging the bstards out

Tomorrow I am doing a 12k walk with my friend. friday I walked 11 miles. I think I am trying to prove something :egad: Very scared about being dependent and incapacitated for a while

Comment

Thanks, ladies.
                    I never once thought of drinking but the temptation to rush into a shop and buy cigarettes (especially Benson and Hedges) was very,very hard to resist. Just looked they're £12 plus a packet.
                    Not sure if its a female reaction........you know when you feel things falling about around you that when you're asked if you're okay you reply..........I'm fine, I'm good........really I can manage......... Its no bother. Then bottle it all up until it leaks out of your eyes.

Had a visit from Jenny today, just a flying one. Grandma's not been well and she frets. Dad's not been well so she frets.
                    She did make me smile about her year 7 chemistry class as she's having to start giving basic drug and alcohol recognition.
                    She asked her class what began with a C and it was in her cup of tea.
                    Answers were either cocaine or crack cocaine.
                    She meant caffeine.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......its only a few weeks. With the physio you're given and the fact it has to be done takes up a lot of time........think beyond that to a life without pain. He rarely takes a painkiller these days.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Had a visit from Jenny today, just a flying one. Grandma's not been well and she frets. Dad's not been well so she frets.
                      She did make me smile about her year 7 chemistry class as she's having to start giving basic drug and alcohol recognition.
                      She asked her class what began with a C and it was in her cup of tea.
                      Answers were either cocaine or crack cocaine.
                      She meant caffeine..
                      :haha:
                      What age are year 7??
                      Had a conversation with my sister today, she was at a recent drug talk, that I couldnt make. Apparently if your child is going clubbing and not doing coke, they are in the minority. I laughed and said, yeah right... and she told me to take my head out of the sand..
                      Unfortunately my eldest is at a funny stage right now and I wish I had all the answers.

JC, how are you doing now? Im glad you didnt smoke :hug:

Hows YS doing [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]? Has it been a week? Is the house more calm without him?

Starty, what will you be like with the new hip, 30 mile hike before breakfast! Youll be chasing Rustop up the mountains before you know it!
                      Its normal to worry a bit, but imagine no more pain too, you wont know yourself..

Wheres the Bridge this weekend???

Bit of a tummy bug, everyone has had it properly, but mine is just an unsettled rumble - I wish it would just get on with it...
                      Last edited by IamMary; May 4, 2019, 05:40 PM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Had a conversation with my sister today, she was at a recent drug talk, that I couldnt make. Apparently if your child is going clubbing and not doing coke, they are in the minority. I laughed and said, yeah right... and she told me to take my head out of the sand..

Mers it often strikes me that when we hear cocaine we've been conditioned to FREAK OUT. Yet is it any more harmful than our drug of choice ?
                        I don't know -I'm just asking the question.
                        Because one is illegal and not regulated & gets bad press & the other is regulated & legal.

I remember years ago when my daughter was a teenager telling her alcohol was a drug - she laughed & told me I was ridiculous - she's not laughing now
                        If the drug alcohol was introduced now it would be illegal .... not put into sweet drinks to lure kids, advertised, taxed & filling the government coffers.

Comment

Good morning everyone. Scary stuff what’s going on. . Think it is everywhere but not as noticeable as when someone is drunk so is hidden more but now that they have started drug testing at the check points, we are beginning to see how many are under the influence. Read about the driver of a 45 ft truck getting caught over the weekend. Can you imagine if he crashed. Addiction is addiction regardless of the substance and ruins lives. As Satz says government coffers are being filled so no incentive for change.

Hope you are soon feeling better Mary. Don’t envy you with teenagers. You will get through it but parenting is not easy. I always did the pick up from nights out and Dad would open the door. It bugged them but always thought it was a good deterrent.

Comment

Morning,
                            [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............year 7 is aged 11/12. She likes that age as they're still curious and excited about learning. Once they get to about 14 they know what they're doing is towards the essential GCSEs ( the compulsary exams they take at 15/16) and its all hard work.

Oh, and BTW deeeeeeeeeeelighted for your August break.........very continental. You'll have to get a gite in France to retire to for the whole month.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........cocaine is a drug and its as harmful as the rest. Might not have the awful withdrawals of heroin or alcohol but its a stinker and its addictive. When you see a violent crime that's been reported to have been done by a drug addict you can put your money on the fact it was someone on cocaine, crack cocaine or alcohol.
                            Trouble is its seen as a working middle-class drug so its acceptable.

I'm going to say I'm okay today......I'll see how the day pans out.......trouble is my moods change faster than a 14 year old girl. Looks like we'll need a walk in bath and would you believe when I was looking at them the other night ......first thing I couldn't believe the price of them and secondly felt like we were a hundred years old.
                            I mean how can they add an extra £500 just to put a wee door in.:egad:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all,

My belief is any substance that changes the mind is a drug. Have had the argument about alc too many times to remember.

Why do you need a walk in bath Jax????? Is it the hip? I thought after hip replacement you could do stuff that you couldnt before ie get over stiles, in baths and climb trees etc :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                                Morning all,
                                Why do you need a walk in bath Jax????? Is it the hip? I thought after hip replacement you could do stuff that you couldnt before ie get over stiles, in baths and climb trees etc :egad:
                                Don't panic..........its because Mr JC's 6'4".......he's an awkward height. The shower is over the bath.
                                There's certain things not advised..............like bungee jumping and parachuting..........Just look at Andy Murray........he's got a new hip he may miss Wimbledon this year but he'll be back next year.

Edit: The thing is....There are going to be some retrictions .....if its left how it is the consequences don't bear thinking about. Mobility scooters? A wheel chair? No driving? No walking? It won't get better on its own.
                                Last edited by JackieClaire; May 5, 2019, 06:30 AM.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X