Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

I'm really glad you guys didn't drink.

Kids came over and we enjoyed that. I will see you all tomorrow.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm so sorry that we all are having trials in our lives now. Let's stick together. We can get thru this
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora glad the kids came over my trials are all small things that are just bugging me but it does help to vent them out,waves to everyone and I'll be back later,wishes for a Fab AF Friday!!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday :welldone:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
            So went toone of dd1s finals this morn early. It was a lighting thing. There was a manikin in the middle of the floor with a dress and shawl on, no head, more like one of those things people who sew use, just the trunk...anyway eack kid would put on a song and sit at the light board and change the lights. Who knew a shawl could look so many different ways? It was so weird, at times it seemed to disappear altogether. Dd1s bf showed up close to the end, so I guess they are made up. TG for that. I didn't get to talk to her since the professor made us all leave at the end who weren't in the class.......friend called a bit ago, the one who is visiting for graduation. Everytime she calls she has to talk about me not drinking it is a bit annoying now. Says I can't say I was passed out, just asleep, that drinking is just how you refuel yourself and I had to refuel so much cuz I was busy like crazy raising kids. That she has to drink for her digestion or else she cant poop and blah blah. Well, I know when I am passed out I am not asleep, I am damn near dead and I said so, this is why I can't drink. I keep having to prove it or something...crazy huh? It is a trigger for me , having to defend my sobriety, it makes me think maybe I am not such a bad drinker, but I am. Lucky she will only be here 3 nights and one we will be in Atlanta so it shouldn't be hard. I just hope she doesn't keep talking about drinking, idc if she drinks or not but I don't wanna sit around talking about it, I want to have a good fun visit......Paulie, that sucks that your manager is getting high, I would think they would notice. And I would just go ahead and rent the car for Kell, then you don't have to wory......Liz, your BS sounds like me, I hate shopping and dressing up. Hope you have fun, and I love pickerel, we had those in Colorado.....Nora, glad the kids came over.....waves to Rusty and Glassie

Comment

Bird - I'm glad that dd1 and bf made up. I was concerned for her. That final you went to today sounds so interesting.
              I am sorry that your friend is talking about drinking so much. I know that is a pain and a trigger. But like you say, it's just for three days. And at this point, I would be so stubborn and not give her the satisfaction of letting her see you drink. I don't like feeling pressured.

Pauly - did you watch the boys all day? Did you hit the 99 cent store. I can imagine how frustrating it is having a manager like that. I do think that it's good you are going to rent a car for Kell

Liz - has TS heard from K since you got there? Does she have a job? I don't remember what your nephew thinks about all of this. I don't know how close they are.

Rusty - how are you doing? Ok after that long drive? That must be so hard on your neck.

Glassie - I think that's really special the relationship you have with your DIL. How have you been feeling? Any improvement at all?
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora,I always hit the 99 cent store on Friday and Sunday too haha,Bird,that final sounds,, interesting but that's theatre for you,glad things seem to be better for daughter and her BF,yup back in my drink days booze was a cure all for everything in my book, actually I rolled into drinking cuz I've always had sleep problems and I discovered back in 2005 that 2 heinkens put me right to sleep but then as we know it escalated out of control,I hope you can stay strong with your friend there,do you think you'll have any issue? Keep us close if you need to,I always open up mwo throughout the day anyhoo,I check it like I do my other social media cuz it's a habit I guess haha,Kells disgusted by the"manager" cuz she told the new lady that it was Kell who told her all of what's going on, isn't a manager supposed to be zip lipped when it comes to that stuff? She had no discretion and now it's gonna be awkward when Kell works with that lady cuz I guess she talked with her and put her on a probation period,meh,I'm over it,Liz,Glassy,Rusty hope all is well with you

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I'm so glad the kids came over! How is Savannah? She must be just so much fun at this age! just wait, it gets better! This week Logan is obsessed with windshield wipers and they go "swish, swish". I could eat him up. TS talked to K a few times this week already. She is settling in. They K and fiancé are living with the fiancées family right now. K does not have a job. Hopefully she will start looking. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], glad dd and bf made up. That final does sound interesting. Sorry about the drinking talk. That is a trigger for me and I can understand why you are annoyed. Hopefully it will be a fun three days without drinking discussions incessantly. [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, you go right ahead and vent here! I would be upset about the manager too. Maybe the boss is just choosing to look the other way. Has the manager been around awhile? How long do the boys usually stay when you have them. Yes, they can be exhausting!
                  Went shopping with my sisters tonight and really had a lot of fun. BS bought one dress and found another one at a second store we went to. Not sure if she will return the first and purchase dress 2. I like the first dress a lot better than the 2nd, but sissys comfort is most important to her and #2 fit the bill. IMHO #2 is "matronly" and exactly what I didn't want her to pick or wear, Ahh, what's a sister to do? She took pics and will ask her hubby, DIL to be and son which one. At one point the three of us were all at the same rack of gowns, I backed up and caught my heel on another dress rack and fell down on my hip! I couldn't regain control! Thankfully the only thing that was hurt was my pride. I promptly stood up and told my sisters that in case they were wondering, I was stone cold sober! We laughed until we were crying! That pretty much kept up all night. we had fun! [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I hope you got back home safely! Wishing you all a great AF night!

Comment

Liz - I just laughed out loud when I read about your fall and comment. :hahaha:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Liz glad you weren't hurt when you fell and glad you all had a good laugh wishes for a happy AF Saturday for us all!

Comment

Hello everyone

I'm going to give my little update before I try to respond to anyone.

The kids came over the other night but I never got to tell you about it. They explained more about everything.
                        Savannah was displaying minor symptoms that would have caused major issues in the future. This surgery needs to be done by 9 months and S is already 9 months. They are rushing this surgery thru and have stressed that it needs to be done now. She has started developing more physical changes already. Her nose is starting to go to the side.
                        They will make an incision across the top of her head from ear to ear. It won't be a straight line, it will be more line a jagged line. They don't have to shave her whole head, just that area. The actual surgery sounds awful to me, peeling back her forehead to put the plate/screws. Her eye socket will be broken or something to reshape it. Obviously I don't know the technical terms for all of this.
                        I guess this surgery is common. The screws,etc are some type of material that will be absorbed by the body but will be able to see some of it in her forehead for awhile (a year). She will have to wear a helmet. Absolutely cannot hit her head so the helmet will have to be an all time thing.
                        The surgeon said that Savannah will be back to nursing and wanting to play by that evening. But, she will be completely black & blue.

The kids seem ok. Worried, of course, but not panicked. The surgery is Friday but they don't have a time yet. I hope it's not late. There is a very strict feeding schedule for that day. Formula cut off at 6 hours. Breast milk cut off at 4 hours. Pedialyte cut off at 2 hours. If they feed her, the surgery cannot be done. And, Savannah is a BIG eater.

Thanks for all the love & support. I am not thinking about drinking but random thoughts have passed thru my brain. I will just stick close here.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I still laugh when I read your post about your telling your sisters that you were stone cold sober. That was such a perfect response. :rotlf:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

How wonderful that there is a routine surgery for Savannah, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. I’m so sorry she has to undergo the whole thing but at her age, it won’t be the big deal it seems like to us. One thing I’ve learned about problems with our grandkids is that we feel their pain, our pain, and our adult children’s pain. It is kind of a triple whammy. Please take good care of you :hug:.
                            [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], your hilarious remark when you fell the other day and you all laughing might be just the thing to end the discomfort between you and your sisters. Just repeat your line with a laugh whenever tension develops. With time they’ll understand that you don’t drink. :smile:

Hi! to all Steppers :heart: NS

Comment

That's great news that it's a routine surgery Nora,it'll go smoothly hi NS

Comment

Hi all,
                                Nora, that sounds scary to me but if it is routine well....still scary to me! Sounds like it will go well though.....Liz, sorry you fell but the laughing sounds like such fun! Like BS I go for the comfort first. Everything I wear has elastic and is baggy hahaha...Paulie, that manager sucks. Thought that vid with the guinea pigs was the cutest thing ever!...nothing going on here. Rain and cleaning house. The kids say it is cleaning the house, not cleaning house. They always tell me that hehe....well waves to all and off to watch tv

Comment

Working...
                                X