"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow Nora! She looks ok and very happy!! Glad for that....yes, dd1 is afraid to leave boyfriend and afraid of lots of stuff. We are going up there next Saturday, she sent me the guys website and he looks to be an awesome professor and person. We will have a look around town while there. Its only about 4 hours so....Paulie, that painting is hard. Are you sore today?...Rusty, have a fun brunch...Liz, bet it will be nice to have hub home...watching tv.....later

Comment

Hi all,
          Dd1 having a lot of problems with boyfriend and I am wondering if it is the beginning of the end, She is sad and he is being mean, saying mean things I guess. I took her shopping last night, later about 10 she called and wanted me to take her to the hospital so she wouldn't hurt herself, then said nevermind, she was gonna calm down and be ok, idk. It just sounds to me like how things go before a breakup, I saw the same with dd2 and one of her bfs except the other way around, her being mean, and she finally broke it off. I hope whatever is gonna happen happens before she moves, cuz who wants to drag all that drama shit out for a long time. Its hard on me too, I worry she will jump off the balcony or something, they live on the 4th floor...

Comment

Morning friends,oh Bird I'm sorry your daughter is going through all of this especially when she's on the cusp of starting her path in life,maybe the bf is pissed she's gonna be moving? I hope she doesn't do anything to hurt herself, maybe you should take her to see someone just to get her evaluated? I sometimes wonder,ok I always wonder if my dad and other family members noticed Jon was acting so goddam weird if they'd have gotten him some help things would be different Tuesday is the two year mark of his passing and I've been thinking of him alot,seen a hummingbird and I always think that's a sign cuz I don't see them often,Rusty hope your brunch is nice Nora,I love that pic! Liz,what are you up to today? Glassy hope all is well with you. Cloudy this morning,I didn't think we were supposed to get anymore rain but who knows,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Sunday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bird - I'm so sorry that dd1 is so upset. That has to be so hard on you worrying about her. I hope that after you drive there next Saturday, it will make her more excited about this. Maybe her bf is unhappy about her moving and that's why he is being mean? How long have they been together? I do hope that it works itself out one way or another before she moves.

Pauly - hard to believe it is 2 years since Jon passed. :hug: How is all the painting going? We are still getting rain.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HI everyone! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] such a sweet picture of Savannah! She looks so happy and perfect. It made me happy. Truly a miracle how quickly they heal!
                [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], sounds like a very busy weekend, but nice. How is your mom doing? Twins really do have a kind of mental dialogue thing between them, at least TS and I do. We just "know" how and what the other is thinking on a given topic. It's just the nature of the twin relationship. It's ok, it wasn't mentioned and I got through the week just fine
                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], yiu are probably right about dd1 bf. It's that mothers intuition. I am sorry she is so distraught and I understand your worry. It does hurt us when they hurt. I'd keep a close eye on her and be in contact with her a lot now. Hopefully some time away would be a good thing. Do they live together?
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I hate to paint! I'm not even good at it either, but it's nice your daughter can count on you for help! You're such a good mama.
                Is there a lot more to do. I can't believe it's been two years already that Jon has been gone. It just doesn't get any easier, does it?
                Hubby came back last night. He had a fabulous time with lots of fish stories. It's been a beautiful weather weekend and I spent as much time outside as I could.

Comment

Hi all,
                  Things are better today with Dd1, I am not sure exactly what happened, now she says he wasn't mean idk, then says he was a little mean. I don't know what to think, but just glad today is better and I know she didn't want to go to hospital cuz they would keep her a few days. Maybe she is finally using some tools she gets from her doctors to help her when she is feeling in crisis.....Paulie, it is hard to say if Jon could have been helped by docs. Dd1 has been going to docs for years and to me she is a little better, but not much. I think most of the time she does not try their suggestions to help herself.....Liz I always thought it would be fun to have a sister or brother. Well I do have some, but I did not grow up with them and are not close. Are you going to open your pool soon? It is very hot here....oh, dd1 and bf live together with 1 other person...they have been together 2 or 3 years.....Nora, I wish it would rain here. Good you are getting some...watched this Brene Brown thing on netflix tonight..the gals an WFS are talking about it, it was pretty good.....off to bed soon, I have a sunburn that is driving me crazy, hope I get to sleep....

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I'm glad the situation with dd1 is better. It sounds like she may well have used some of the tools she's been taught to help her through thus. Life is a learning process, always, I guess. We are going on vacation Friday so we will wait to uncover the pool until we come back. Talked with each one of the kids tonight. Kinda funny how they all seem to want to talk on Sunday afternoon/evening. CJ said it was raining in St. CRoix today, so they just relaxed all day.
                    Off to bed, it's going to be Monday again real soon!

Comment

Morning friends,Bird glad things are better for your daughter Liz,is this the trip to London? That came quick! Waves to all and have a happy AF Monday,back later

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and happy Monday. Hope you all had a good day. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] the picture of your mom was so cute! Love the hat. Did she enjoy her celebration? It looked like she did. Wow, 92 she certainly doesn't look it. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] yes this is the London/Italy trip:welldone: and yes it came up quick. I am starting to get nervous, usually a trigger for me. Trying to just stay in the moment and not get ahead of myself.
                        Lots of crazy thunderstorms last night. The thunder was so loud the house shook. One of Logan's toys must not have been turned off and it started playing Old MacDonald at 2:45 am and then again around 4 ish when the thunder was at its worst. Hubby and I didn't know what was going on!:congratulatory: anyway hope everyone had a great Monday!

Comment

Haha Liz! We've had that happen with Rome's toys too, sitting there going off and we're wondering where the heck it's coming from Rusty your mom is adorable! Love the pic and Happy Birthday to her! Hubs got in an accident,some guy pulled out in front of him,he's fine but his work van isn't luckily the cop found the other guy at fault cuz I didn't want hubs in trouble at work,my nerves are still shot tho, sometimes when I get worked up I can't get worked down,it blows

Comment

I'm so glad hubby is ok, Pauly.

Kids came over last night. Fun. ��
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Paulie, glad he is ok..back later

Comment

Pauly, glad hubby is ok. But boy is that upsetting. I have trouble coming down after I get worked up too. Are we ever gonna get this figured out?
                                Nora, glad you had fun with the kids. I'm sure you got your share of grandma hugs in.
                                Bird, Rusty, hope things are ok with you guys.
                                I'm kind of stressing today. My mom got a call from her niece in Germany. My moms sister in law passed away. I don't remember her much, Mom was kind of upset/sad about it. She has one remaining sister in law, that's it. Hubby was being somewhat of a turd today which didn't help. I seriously wanted a drink. It took him awhile, but he eventually backed off and apologized. I'm just glad it's almost bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X