June Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June Army Thread 2019

Sleep is the biggest difference of all for me since I quit. Within about 4 days I was sleeping like a tank, helped by the winter weather. It gets so hot here that all you do is toss and turn.
    Hells bells, almost 11 am better get off here and check in when you alll wake up this arvo.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
      Beautiful day...........and we've got to go and pick flooring for the bathroom. Its still a bit nippy out so its not a bother.
      The big 'discussion' with Pa-in-Law is happening tomorrow morning. Mr JC, his sister and her husband (who's been through it) will have a sit down with him. I'll be at home wringing my hands.
      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........I have bookmarked that for a proper read later. Would you believe today's paper has a HUGE article about sleeping in it.
      The Lock Awe thing...........probably because
      a) its got the softest pillows in the world and a duvet like a fluffy white cloud.
      b)its a five-hour drive back home so if any shit does hit the fan at home it'll be sorted by the time were packed and get home.
      c) although we're in one of the lochside cottages.......we get bed, breakfast and evening meal in the hotel.........they're poached eggs are to die for.
      d) the mobile phone reception is dreadful
      e)At the end of the night, we sit on the little patio overlooking the loch and just sigh.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........well he bought me some tyrozets. Which I couldn't get the top off.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all.

Beautiful day here for a change so making the most of it and spending it in the garden catching up. Just came in to get some lunch. Enjoy your trip Mary. Fingers crossed all goes well with pa in law JC. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Very quick check in, we're hitting the hay early, long day tomorrow (sister doing an ironman, saying the word is exhausting!).
          weather supposed to be awful, so the boot is packed with gear for every eventuality, except the sun.
          Cant believe its so cold there Bridge.
          Wonder how Satz is getting on...

Hope things work out ok for your Pa in law tomorrow JC.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Looks like we've scored some sun here today too, so it's off to the garden with me. These weekends go so fast.
            Hope the cold is better today JC and that the chat with Dad in law goes as OK as possible. Old age, hey?
            Have fun with ironman/woman Mary. Not sure why people run unless being pursued but good on her.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Very late check in as I nodded off on the settee.......so the sleep fairy's gone on her rounds for a couple of hours and will get back to me.
              Luckily the cold is just a cold........back in the day when I was drinking every cold turned into a chest infection. Weakens the immune system.
              Whatever has to be said will be said tomorrow. Don't think Mr. JC and his sister could cope with the guilt if anything dreadful happened and they'd kept their mouths shut.
              Only thing I run after is if I dropped a £10 note on a windy day
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all and evening to our Brdidgeeeeeeeeeee,
                It'll be all kicking off at the moment, when himself gets back I'll take up to the garden centre to play with the alpacas and buy him a coffee.
                I'm actually wondering if this cold could be a bit of hay-fever. Seems worse in the morning and around dusk. I'll give the allergy relief stuff a go.
                Onwards to face the day.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello all. Well tbh I have felt exhausted for the last few days and I am not sure what that is all about. Mr S thinks it is worry. I hope so because then it will pass. I have bought everything I need I think. Grabber, Ice packs, long handled sponge, sleep bra, pjs, slip on shoes, jogging bottoms, duvet cover, duvet, pillows (ordinary and V shaped), flannels in 2 different colours for top and tail or face and arse and blue fluffy slippers. I think thats it. Hip has been sore on and off which is a great reminder why I am doing this bloody thing. Just ordered Mr S to go get me some ice cream. Like I said, zorsted

Comment

Afternoon all. Rain promised here so got the walk in early. You are probably right JC, no harm trying the allergy stuff. Wow Starty, you are organized, it probably is the waiting that is dragging you down and it can’t be easy being in pain/sore a lot of the time. Start planning some nice things for when you are mobile again. Enjoy the ice cream. Bought the newspapers on my way home from walk so am going to put feet up and have a read.

Comment

Evening loveys!
                      Worry is exhausting, Starty. Round and round your head it goes. Worst possible scenario always front and centre-which almost never eventuates. I bet you just want the stupid thing over and done with.

JC I get allergies that turn into sinusitis if I don't get on it. I had not one allergy until I turned 30. Now I'm full of them. I use sprays and tabs. Look for red eyes, sting-y headaches and a vague head :happy2:

Someone didn't get the memo about no grog and gave me a bottle of Vodka the other day. The good news is, Vodka is a great fixative in natural air fresheners. I have bottles and bottles of lavender & rose geranium and lemongrass & cedarwood. Who'd like a spritz? About the only good use for it.

I am thrilled to bits to have discovered Gardener's World on Dailymotion. I'm having an absolute ball tracking back through years of it with Monty. Nigel and Nell have their own Twitter accounts and Nigel has his own Facebook page! The Spring garden is well into the planning phase this year and I did a huge seed order today. I am going to propagate a storm. This will be my best season ever.

Wonder how Satzy is getting on?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I know dear [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] is off enjoying Greece and all it's wonders, so this will be waiting for her when she returns...

Congratulations Satz!!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Evening everyone

Oh that’s so thoughtful Abcowboy. Hope she is having a ball. Massive congratulations [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] and thanks for all your contribution to the army over the years, all the help, advice and laughs.

How did yesterday go JC? Hope not too much upset. You would nearly motivate me Bridget to do more in the garden if the damn rain would only stop. Monsoons yesterday.

Hungry so need to get some food.

Comment

Well done [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you are great for dates

Congratulations [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], 6 years IS amazing. And you have held on tight, despite all that life has thrown your way. You are a brilliant role model for the rest of us. I hope your having a ball :hug:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

Someone didn't get the memo about no grog and gave me a bottle of Vodka the other day. The good news is, Vodka is a great fixative in natural air fresheners. I have bottles and bottles of lavender & rose geranium and lemongrass & cedarwood. Who'd like a spritz? About the only good use for it.
                              well I never knew that. Just been googling and its great for cut flowers, insect repellent, shiny hair, killing mould, as a weed killer, cleaning jewellery and removing rust. Seriously, why did we ever drink this stuff, to keep our insides shiny and mould free?

Hope all went off ok today [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], check in when you can.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], the sooner you get this op done the better, you need a distraction until then.. Any plans?

Monsoons everywhere Rustop! did you hear the thunder this morning.. the heat wave is close :happy2:
                              Last edited by IamMary; June 24, 2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

6 YEARS!

WELL DONE SATZY!!!!

The place would not be the same without you, lovely woman.
                                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; June 24, 2019, 10:49 PM.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X