Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June Army Thread 2019

Morning,
    Our future daughter-in-law turns the big 30 today. She looks about 12. The pair of them are off for a day in York.
    Not sure if the in-laws have started looking but they will. It'll be lovely just to go up there and sit and chat with a nice packet of biscuits and a cup of tea.
    Not a lot going on today just got to pick up some prescriptions and buy some wrapping paper for the big lad's birthday pressies. Managed to find him a pristine vinyl early Rory Hallagher long player. He'd better be thrilled.
    Have a good one whatever you're doing.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning JC and all to come. Sun is peeping out and it feels really hot, summer might be making an appearance. Well overdue so fingers crossed. Lots of milestones this Year JC, funny the way they all happen around the same time. We had a 60th and a graduation already this year. Daughters boyfriends 30th also coming up. Off to look at cars with daughter, very exciting not!

Comment

Well I would prefer to watch paint dry than go car shopping Rustup! House shopping, for anyone, even people I dont know, Im all over that

Work have just installed electric charging points, so Im delighted, free fuel!

Will there be big party's for the 30th?
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Happy birthday to all the b'day peeps. A 22nd birthday at our place this weekend. BBQ will be had as apparently there will be a peep of sun.
          I'm on the home stretch for work this week. Last three hours and counting down.
          I know what you mean, Mary. I am deliberately filling in all potential mischief time, although got to say I've been very lucky with cravings so far.
          I did have a funny thing for the last couple of weeks where I lost control of my mouth (more than usual) I kept saying things then regretting I'd said them. Only opening my mouth to change feet etc. Might not have anything to do with anything but we sure do go through some strange changes in the early days.
          Boy am I sleeping well now though.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waving to Bridgeee from up-over-land.

Would you believe I'm buying a birthday cake for himself? Can't be bothered cooking in these temperatures..........we got to a heady 17c yesterday. The rest of the country is baking......oop North we don't cope well with temps that high. Had to crawl to bed early as I think I was a bit dehydrated and felt decidedly odd. Much ginger beer was drunk.

I remember those early days/weeks like yesterday.......that first morning you wake up feeling well, that first time you actually want to get out of bed, knowing you're doing the right thing, trust coming back to the home, the energy returning,wanting to go out not being dragged out, opening the blinds all day (that was a biggie for me)...........its a special time all to yourself.

Amazing that a dolphin pod was seen off Tynemouth yesterday. One of my pals from AA got some decent footage.

Just a rush to the local shops, dying hair and wrapping pressies today.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning JC and Bridget and everyone else.

Good sleep and the wide awake bright eyed feeling in the morning. Never get tired of it. Have always been blessed with being a good sleeper but so much better when it is not passing out. We seem to be getting a little sun so enjoying it. Nothing major planned for the weekend but that’s ok.

Comment

I absolutely love it when I have no plans for the weekend [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. A whole weekend to yourself to do all of your favourite things.
                I've got this birthday on tomorrow but Sunday is all mine. A flex day next Friday so a four day week to look forward to and I think a nice pamper day on the Friday. I might get someone to take a hedge trimmer to my eyebrows and an orbital grinder to my feet.

The other day I went to the nursery and spent a small fortune on a tool and some plants. I felt a bit guilty at first until I realised it was only the equivalent cost of a few night's drinking. There's not one single disadvantage to 'breaking up' with alcohol.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  I absolutely love it when I have no plans for the weekend [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]. A whole weekend to yourself to do all of your favourite things.
                  I've got this birthday on tomorrow but Sunday is all mine. A flex day next Friday so a four day week to look forward to and I think a nice pamper day on the Friday. I might get someone to take a hedge trimmer to my eyebrows and an orbital grinder to my feet.

The other day I went to the nursery and spent a small fortune on a tool and some plants. I felt a bit guilty at first until I realised it was only the equivalent cost of a few night's drinking. There's not one single disadvantage to 'breaking up' with alcohol.
                  Absolutely Bridge, dont feel one bit guilty. Although I may have way overused that line in the beginning. Had I been drinking as much as I spent from the imaginary 'Wine saving box', Id be quite dead.

Love your early morning description [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], discovering this sober world. When drinking, I would always lie in bed for a moment after I woke, with my eyes still closed and recall out how much I drank so I could prepare myself for the level of dread when I opened my eyes. I still did this for ages after I stopped.. the joy, when Id remember that I didnt drink the night before, again.

We have a big 2 day festival going on in these parts this weekend, there's always something going on not to far from you Rustop! if the sun keeps shining, its going to be busy. The Pride parade is on tomorrow too..
                  Mr M out tonight, and up very early as hes involved in the local gig tomorrow. I wouldn't fancy wearing his head in the morning :haha:

Comment

Hello all,

Many happy returns to birthday peeps!

Had a bit of an accident and managed to scratch my cornea rather deeply it seems. Had to go to hospital and they scraped the eye with anaesthetic thankfully to ensure it healed. Not able to go back to work for a few days which is worrying me as i had plans to sort out training and cover for when i have my op. Cannot see very well or drive so just resting in bed. Feeling quite upset by it all.

Its going to be a hot one so hope you all have a good weekend

Comment

Morning.
                      [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]........bless your heart, darling :hug:.........it never rains but it pours. Can you download Insight Meditation, might help.

Watched Stormzy last night and was absolutely blown away. He was incredible.

Bathroom delivered and in the back bedroom.

Birthday boy at 60 is as excited as a 6-year-old with a new bike.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; June 29, 2019, 02:59 AM.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening All, And morning,
                        Now Mary, it's funny you should say that....I have been splashing the cash a bit in the name of vodka savings.... and getting a real buzz out of it too.
                        Starty, what are we going to do with you? I feel like putting a protective amulet around your neck or something. Nothing for it but to rest and catch up on naps. Too bad, so sad.

Glad to see Mr JC enjoying his new toy. Training wheels?

Tomorrow will be spent gardening up a storm and trimming some shrubs to form hedges. Brother turned up tonight to stay with his daughter for the night (without asking) so he will be punished with hard work tomorrow, as above, then sent packing early.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Afternoon all. Oh you poor thing Starty, trouble never comes alone. Rest and take care of yourself.

Delighted new bathroom arrived JC, the simple things give the greatest pleasure. Having visitors this weekend which prompted a cleaning spree this morning. Nice weather so going to make the most of it.

Comment

Training wheels, helmet, knee pads,elbow pads...........in fact he looks like an American Football player.............got to drag him in so he can get ready for his party. He'll be a right sulky brat..........

Not been as hot up here as the rest of the country........bit of a blessing by the looks of it.
                            Right better get my slap on.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Is it Mr JC's big party tonight [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? If it is, I hope your having a brilliant night. Does that mean your having a 60th and a 30th this weekend? Twins divided by 2?
                              You and Rustop must be living parallel lives

Ouch [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], bet that hurt. Bad timing . Not much you can do but embrace it. You might be able to do a couple of hours working from home in a couple of days, try not to worry, it will sort itself out, just mind yourself :hug:

Excellent idea [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], my older ones are on holidays but too young to work this year and I am damned if Im letting them sit around watching you tube videos all day.. Do father and daughter get on well?

Busy day, local festival. It was absolutely fantastic, hours there and we didnt get to see it all. zonked, night all..

Comment

Morning,
                                Just a quickie. We just had a meal at the local Italian.....there were 12 of us.
                                Still got Jenny here so I'll be bacinabit.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X