Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June Army Thread 2019

Morning One and All!
    This broadcast is brought to you from the beginning of the Queen's Birthday long weekend.
    Cheers your Maj!
    I am sitting up like the Q herself in bed with a nice big list of pleasantries to indulge in this weekend. The builders came during the week and put a new extended deck on ready for summer and fixed some bits and bobs so I am a happy homebody.
    You sound good and rested @rustop... and quite frankly that sounds like the perfect holiday to me. I would probably swap crocheting for a garden, but perfect. How great that you've got a group of friends that don't think fun=booze.

@StirlyGirly I don't mind answering questions about this at all and I really, sincerely appreciate the input and discussion. It was terrifying.

Mers, I lasted 12 months without the booze and finally fell off the wagon in January, which is why I came back here. I got back with the programme until after the court case and then lost it, as described.

Support-wise, I had nobody. Not even the boy himself who was rigid with fear and let me 'run' the whole thing for him. It was like it was my case not his. Now that is helicopter parenting for you. I never told my parents because it would have killed them. The boy told my closest friend which was a blessing in the end. She was great, but it took it's toll on her too which I felt just dreadful about.

There is another aspect, which I have never discussed here, although some of the Undies know.
    The boy is not actually my son, he is my nephew. I raised him (and his brother for 10 years) from babies, alone. As far as I -and they- are concerned I'm their Mum. Both boys have ADD and a raft of disorders.

The boys' father is my brother, the one who was living with us for a large part of this ordeal. Much of the reason that I let my brother stay here was so that the boy could have as much support around him as possible. However my brother is an abusive drug addict. Although he helped when directed to by me, he wasn't invested at all. Addicts are so self absorbed!!!! I was very much alone. There is no doubt that contributed to the outcome.

Anyway, nothing makes you more grateful than coming through the other side of something like this.
    Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; June 7, 2019, 05:19 PM.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Just a quickie
      Who would have thought back in the day on a Friday evening I'd be over-excited about Gardeners World on TV.I do now. I throb Monty Don and his dog Nigel. Its sweet-peas this week. :applouse:
      Even quicker edit......Mers.........what are the kitties names?
      That's my favourite gardening show apart from 'Gardening Australia'. Monty's also got some lovely special series on Netflix on French and Italian gardens. I love Nigel!

Hope that boob settles down for you. Only a few days left to go to the 11th and then it will be all over. What a bother.
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridge, I never knew about your boys. My heart and admiration are absolutely soaring for you. What a totally unselfish thing you have done. Is the boys dad still there? Taking an addict into your home to help was a brave move. I seriously do not think I could have done any of what you have. So glad you are finally able to enjoy your life after all this.

I took myself off to see Rocketman yesterday afternoon. Went on my own as kept asking Mr S but it just never happened. I really enjoyed it, the acting was superb as well as the singing. Very well done to Richard Madden (Bodyguard ) and Taron Egerton. Big recommneds from me! The drug and al use that he spiralled into was totally understandable and relates to trauma in childhood. Very moving.

Hope your boob is less sore. I remember my biopsy too, no pleasant.

Love the kittens names Mary. bet they are keeping you on your toes

Good to see you back Rustop. Your holiday sounds wonderful and relaxing. I would really enjoy a break like that

Comment

Good morning everyone. Just had a read back and am in awe of what you took on Bridget. So glad it’s all over and you can start enjoying your sober life again. Love the kitty names Mary. Have not watched the Chernobyl series but heard about it on the radio. Good for you going to the cinema on your own Starty. I would do things like that but we had a discussion on holiday about it and a few of the ladies wouldn’t. Hope you are less sore today JC.

Book club today, final one so we are having lunch. We don’t meet over the summer. Not much like summer at the moment.

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........it takes a lot more to be a mum than just carry them in your womb for 9 months.........and you've shown what a true mother should be. I cannot begin to say how much I admire you and your honesty. You know, Bridgeeeeeeeeee you're amazing and I'm glad/proud to call you a friend. One of these coming up..................................:huggers:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mundane stuff now.
              Why does the rest of the Commonwealth get the day off for our Liz's birthday except the UK? Just watching her trooping of the colour on TV now. For a 93-year-old she's been blooming busy with Dunkirk already this week.

The tiny wound on my boob is now as itchy as Hell.

Mr JC's gone into work.........there's bugger all he can do here as its a quagmire in the garden and needs to get caught up.
              The shower/bathroom stuff is being delivered on Mr JC's big 60 birthday.
              The wee buffet lunch will be delayed (unless I can persuade his sister to do it at hers) as said bathroom stuff will be in the dining area at home.
              I've bought a summer duvet cover and curtains for the wee bedroom. Although summer seems to be a long time getting here. Bess is still damp from her meander round the big field three hours ago and its tempting to put the heating on.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........love the kitties name. I was pregnant with Jenny when Chernobyl happened and was so scared about the warnings of the fall out wafting over here. Put it on my watch list.
              Got a recommendation from our Jenny .........Good Omens (Amazon).
              And Gentleman Jack is amazing.
              I'm back off to the warmth of my bed....... to finish Julie Walters autobiography and then start Michelle O'Obama's. Perfect duvet day today.:happy2: Tbh I'll prolly nod off.

Waves and hugs to everyone.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........ you'll never know how much I admire you, your honesty & straightforward no nonsense yapping ......:love:
                I am sooooo glad you came back to MWO & chose the Army when The Undies had disbanded.

You've been through so much that my problems with YS pale into insignificance - and for that I'm so grateful .
                I'm not saying this is a contest for best mother - but to come out the other side of all that (virtually) unscathed is amazing.
                And through it all your sense of humour & fun shone through :goodjob:

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] I used to dislike the Queen as all us Irish are supposed to.
                  I wasn't even in the country when she visited a year or two ago but watching her on TV I couldn't help but admire her
                  I have to agree she is a wonderful woman for her age and still walking around unaided , doing 2 gigs a day, able to deliver a speech with the best of them and with apparently no ails .... amazing really.

Comment

Evening,
                    Bridge, your some woman. And I know sometimes, you dont even notice your own strength until you're out the other side, your too busy getting on with it... I can only imagine the relief you felt afterwards.
                    Hows the new deck looking?

Its must be healing nicely [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] if its itchy now.

Had to stop watching Chernobyl until Mr M caught up :rant: he is now.

Day weeding and grass cutting. I would prefer to be cooking, but its better than laundry.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]-June 11 before you get the results??? GRRRR....Hurry up and wait, as they say here in the US. You must be losing your mind.:hug: I would be!:cuss:

Comment

All hugs accepted with thanks.
                        OK, well I think that's all of the skeletons out of the closet now. You're all up to date with everything but the ins and outs of a duck's arse as we say in this part of the world.

The great news is that everyone is moving out this week. I'm going to get not just the locks, but the entire doors changed. Just in case. :goodjob:

Jax just make sure there's no redness, swelling pain, heat. The classic signs of infection. No wonder you're tired rolling over on that lot every night. What an ordeal these health checks can be.

You know girls, the Queen does have a few quid to splash on her health. Her own doctor for example. Just saying. She is in rocking shape though. Not a pisshead I suppose.

I hope you've all seen Afterlife - Ricky Gervais. Language warning but God it was funny.
                        And of course there's Killing Eve. Season 2 is now out and it's brilliant.

I just cannot even believe how much I'm getting done around the place this weekend despite having everyone over to see the deck and so on. Just amazing.
                        Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; June 9, 2019, 03:03 AM.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]-June 11 before you get the results??? GRRRR....Hurry up and wait, as they say here in the US. You must be losing your mind.:hug: I would be!:cuss:
                          My feeling is if there was any issue - it gets flagged and they'd be on to you straight away Jacks. But you are prolly one of us 'grizzle' gang

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

I hope you've all seen Afterlife - Ricky Gervais. Language warning but God it was funny.
                            And of course there's Killing Eve. Season 2 is now out and it's brilliant.

I just cannot even believe how much I'm getting done around the place this weekend despite having everyone over to see the deck and so on. Just amazing.
                            a) After Life was one of the best things I've seen in ages.

b) & sure Bridge you've just had a HUGE weight taken off your shoulders - you must be flying around ......:hug:

c) Lock ? doors ? Just move house

Comment

Morning,
                              Very proud this morning............just 40 miles up the road from us and I can tell you its stunning. Oddest/funniest thing I've ever seen there were three nuns in full garb gathering up there habits above their knees and having a paddle in the sea. It really was a double take moment.
                              Bamburgh named Britain's best coastal destination - BBC News

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........liking the new doors. Hopefully with doormen, padlocks and a secret password to be whispered through the letterbox.
                              No redness, bit of bruising and the itchiness has gone.
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]....have to say I was never the Queen's biggest fan. Its just the last few years you begin to realise she's been at it nigh on 70 years.......she can't retire, has to smile and be polite all the time (when I sure she wants to hit some of her guests with a large stick) and the hat she had on yesterday wonder if she'll give me a lend of it for the S&H's wedding...........which is just two months today.

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]....just two more big sleeps and a few nana naps and we'll know.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Took me so long to type the last post I cross posted. I was hanging washing out.........we're getting fine weather for at least this morning. Grabbing the opportunity while I can.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                My feeling is if there was any issue - it gets flagged and they'd be on to you straight away Jacks. But you are prolly one of us 'grizzle' gang
                                Reckon you're spot on.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X