June Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June Army Thread 2019

Good morning everyone. Great to see so many people around. Thinking of you JC and will also check in later. Work again today so better get a move on.

Comment

Morning,
      Honestly, heartfelt thanks to everyone for the good wishes it means so much to me. :heartbeat:
      Started with a good omen..........£11.50p fell out of the back pocket of my jeans that I haven't worn for a while
      Had another look at the appointment blurb apart from time and place it also recommends bringing some snacks in case of delays...........do they think we can actually eat with this banging round your brain. :egad:

Better get gone, trying to get parked will a nightmare.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

GO GIRL!! I'll check in a bit later. Didn't have the times worked out properly.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by 4theboyz View Post
          I had the perfect opportunity as there was no one around I could drink like old times for 2 days straight and no would know.
          And there we have it. Nobody would have known....but you...and that is the person who needs to be convinced more than anyone else. At the end of the day we are stuck with ourselves, so we may as well like and trust the person we are stuck with.

Good on you for pushing past this. It can only strengthen your resolve.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :hug::hug:
            Jesus - HOW long are they going to keep you ? As I said before anyone with an issue would not be asked to bring 3 course lunch while they wait for bad news..

Comment

[MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION]
              That bottle in the cabinet is really no different than the liquor store a mile away. I still had 48 hours alone with no one to judge me if I wanted to have a bender. I didn't and no real cause for celebration because I didn't succumb as that is what I have worked so hard to do these past 10 months. I lost my battle with sobriety 14 times before in very similar conditions. I was sober, feeling good about life and the notion that just one would not hurt anyone. It did and hurt real bad. It was a perfect reminder though as to how fragile sobriety can be especially when challenged when you least expect it. I have no desire to ever feel that pain again.
              This is so well said. Gives hope for everyone struggling - including my son - that we can & DO learn from relapse. :thumbsup:

Comment

Me and Mr JC in the corridor at the hospital.................

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], you were right basically a bit of gristle..........posh name fibroadenoma. Absolutely NOT cancer.

We were seen spot on time. Lovely, lovey cuddly nurse gave us the results. Bit of a chat.......worse bit was walking through the waiting area knowing that some won't be getting the result I did today.

I'll be bacinabit. The adrenaline dump is hitting me now.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]-:sohappy: What a relief!

Comment

I’ve been refreshing MWO, waiting for your post, JC. I’m so happy for you :hug:.

Comment

Oh I'm so relieved and happy for you JC. I've been lurking too. That is just awesome.:hug:
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Jackie dear - lurking here as well and so pleased for you!! Hugs to you AND Mr. JC.
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

@JackieClaire!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; June 11, 2019, 06:52 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION]
                            That bottle in the cabinet is really no different than the liquor store a mile away. I still had 48 hours alone with no one to judge me if I wanted to have a bender. I didn't and no real cause for celebration because I didn't succumb as that is what I have worked so hard to do these past 10 months. I lost my battle with sobriety 14 times before in very similar conditions. I was sober, feeling good about life and the notion that just one would not hurt anyone. It did and hurt real bad. It was a perfect reminder though as to how fragile sobriety can be especially when challenged when you least expect it. I have no desire to ever feel that pain again.
                            This is so well said. Gives hope for everyone struggling - including my son - that we can & DO learn from relapse. :thumbsup:

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :yay:
                              Oh well done :hug:hug: on joining the 'Grizzle Gang' - membership me - unless there are other Grizzlers reading this ?

Be prepared to get funny looks every time you get a Mammo - if they have no access to your notes.

Comment

Excellent news Jackie!!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X