July Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Night everyone. Another crazy day, will be glad to get away during the week, need a good rest. Good to see you back JC, hope you get it sorted. Getting more and more mobile Starty, well done on the rescue. Night everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
      Was vodka your drink Bridge? I always fond that if i drak vodka i really never knew when to stop. I just didn’t get drunk.... until i did and then it was very messy. Same with gin and not so bad with JD. i think because of the mixers it made it harder to judge than wine.
      In the end I only liked vodka and rose. I realised by then that I actually did not like alcohol and was only drinking it to feed my addiction. Besides you can't smell Vodka, can you? I didn't try to pull myself up at all. The only safety valve that I employed was to buy half a bottle on work nights. Because it is perfectly OK to drink half a bottle of vodka every night before work. Helps productivity. Very expensive to buy it that way btw. Tut tut. Weekends just stock up and drink to pass out. Send the boy out for more if needs be. Knew I helped him get his licence for something. Apparently he didn't already have enough to worry about

This pain must be very wearing for you Starty. It's easy for me to say but press on. Better times ahead.
      Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; July 20, 2019, 04:55 PM.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

JC, I am ridiculously bad at relationships so can't really help. The only thing anyone every said to me that made sense is this: You get what you settle for.
        Sitting up in bed like queen muck here and contemplating a nice day in the garden and pottering around followed by the latest episodes of Gardener's World on Daily Motion - with no hangover to deal with
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Night all,
          Sorry [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], that is tough. Its been a stressful year, with the house, wedding plans, stints of not being well, all adds up. What Bridge said is very true, Im going to keep that in my back pocket.

Night, 18k run in the morning. Try that with a hangover..
          Last edited by IamMary; July 20, 2019, 06:07 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late check-in from me.
            We've talked. Bit of shouting from me, unfortunately, I sounded like an old crow with only one leg hanging on to a branch for their life. Its cleared the air.
            I'm not expecting roses, a yacht or diamonds just some of his time.

Anyway who started the rumour that vodka doesn't reek?
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mary - I can't believe I missed this! Great big congratulations!!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

JC - glad that you & Mr JC talked.

Thought I would share a couple of pics of my granddaughter. We are having her 1st birthday party tomorrow.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning,
                  [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]...........she's a darling and a little bird told me it's her birthday today. Look at the length of her legs.........a future model or a basketball player in the making or both????
                  [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]............a baby hedgehog. How precious. You're doing so well with your hip. Just keep doing what you're doing.
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........a new beginning for DD and I wish her every happiness.
                  [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION].........don't be a stranger.
                  Anyone I didn't @ will do that tomorrow. We've just had a startling phone call from Mr JC's sister and Ma-in-law wants to go into a care home and tbh I'm gobsmacked.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Bopping in to wish Mary HUGE CONGRATILATIONS on 4 years!!!
                    Came by the other day, and only Starty was here. The rest of yiz must of been out working on Mary's party.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Anyone I didn't @ will do that tomorrow. We've just had a startling phone call from Mr JC's sister and Ma-in-law wants to go into a care home and tbh I'm gobsmacked.
                      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - that's a good thing maybe. Some people just feel safer. Will Da-in-law go too ?

Comment

Here's a pressie Mers for your 4 years anniversary :
                        a money box shoe for ....... shoes & other life essentials !

Comment

Thank you VERY much [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] (kept you some party cake!) and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. And you granddaughter is absolutely gorgeous!! xx
                          [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], Satz has a point, could be a positive thing. Maybe she knows Mr JC will be tying himself in knots trying to look after her. Did you come to any conclusion between you?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Here's a pressie Mers for your 4 years anniversary :
                            a money box shoe for ....... shoes & other life essentials !

Love it Satz!!! I have a pair just like those :haha:

Comment

Evening,
                              Well, scrap that idea from Ma-in-law. Sis-in-law was up there today and Ma has decided to stay at home and have a carer come to the house and a cleaner :egad:
                              Ma is seeing her doctor tomorrow and going to set it all in motion. We're flabberghasted. Mind you, God help them if they don't wipe their feet when they go into the house.

Those shoes are what me and my cousin sitting down shoes.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

well Ive taken off my sitting down shoes now. Thats great news all round JC.. they are all action!

Comment

Working...
                                X