July Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Late check in. Complete poop of a day with bad tempered eejits everywhere. Not a fan of the general populace. I think I'll crack a darky myself and stomp off to bed. New day tomoz.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi all. Sorry about the fuckwits bridgey. Sleep will heal the soul.

Meal sounds wonderful Jax.

My neighbours were screaming and arguing into the small hours last night. Fishwife woman telling some guy he was an effing crack head. His response was "I know" :egad: He was asking for the return of his phone and off he went shrieking down the road. Then it seemed like she called him (I could hear the phone ringing) and she was yelling at him on the phone. Not that it was needed as I could hear both convos clearly! Oh and then I think she hit him with a plank of wood. Eventually 2 police cars rocked up followed by 4 more!! talk about overkill. Then all the coppers were having a good goss in the street while I was watching out the window. Managed to get to sleep at 4am.

Hip is doing great, seem to be walking around 5k most days and dont need a crutch any longer. Stairs are a breeze too. Looking to return to work so just waiting for a response from surgeon.

Comment

Evening all
        Me & MrS have officially declared ourselves broke. He thought I had money & I thought he had money - seems neither of us was right. :haha:
        Back to waiting for payday FFS..... I thought I'd left that behind me - but we are both spendthrifts - spend till it's gone has always been the policy .....

So now we're poor - where do poor people go for Burmese cuisine, perfectly ripe avocados, Kefir , & Nettle tea ???? :egad:

This is so sweet : Dublin 'hard' man & his grandad

WATCH: Irish MMA fighter shares lovely video of him and his grandad singing 'Imagine' together | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

Comment

Guilty of bottled water, not for still, sparkling. Thats my indulgence instead of wine and Im not ready to curb it yet
          Me too Mers. But they are recycled yes ?
          I LOVE San Pellegrino the best ( never heard of it while I was drinking - 'till Mrs A mentioned it some years ago)
          I suppose now I'm poor I'll get Lidl sparkling water - which is not from springs deep in the alps but from someone's tap in Germany with bubbles added - SIGH !!!
          Last edited by satz123; July 30, 2019, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Nutters doing the rounds! Do you know those neighbours [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]! That's a lot of drama!
            LOVE the pig house [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I know that feeling, in one hand and out the other. Its a new challenge and you will be brilliant at it. Special diddly song for you.

I am glued to Three Girls on Netflix. I never heard of the case before. Shocking.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
              I have to admit something that is either shaming or very naive (did you know naive is Evian backward).........its within living memory that I thought the water actually came out of the mountain streams with bubbles. :newhere:

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..........love the diddly song..........must show Mr JC. We ended up there on Saturday. £45 paid and enough to feed us for a week and a tray of cactuses and succulents. (they're going in the bathrrom) Best thing...........in and out in 30 minutes.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........we're only a year or so out of our IVA. Taught us a lessen. Luckily (well not lucky for my Uncle) I got a wee bit of money in his will. That paid for essentials like MOT for the car and I squirreled it away in my name. We got so good we actually had money left at the end of the month but it was so shaming.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]..........a nice barney in the street. I have no qualms hanging out the window have a look see. It was usually the family four doors down from us.

Got to pick up Mr JC's shirt for the wedding.............it has to have a double cuff as he's one of the grooms men and his pressie is a pair of cufflinks. They will be worn once and shoved in the back of a drawer for eternity.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning All.
                JA, Mr JC should wear the cuff links with his buck's party outfit. One should always select an outfit that one will wear again.

I'm just getting a visual of Starty at the window at 4am with her slippered feet thrown up on the sill, nursing a cuppa and watching the goings-on. I cetainly hope you didn't have work on today Starts. Bit selfish weren't they? Seriously, how amazingly are you doing on that hew hip? Imagine hobbling around on it with a hangover.... Lord.

I hate living week to week Satzy. It was like that for a long time when everyone was living here. At least you had fun with it

I'm off to search Three Girls now Mary. I think we all get much the same thing on Netflix these days, although apparently the US Netflix has got a huge amount on it. The kids fear we are all being 'ripped off' in this country with less content. Might be a blessing really. I spend enough time on it. I've seen every episode of Forensic Files there is.

Best get off to bed. Man it is hard getting up in these cold mornings, but the sunrises are amaaazing.... Night All.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

LOL at Bridge's vision of me :haha: It was something similar to that but with a bowl of porridge and a cup of coffee No work as I am still off. I have asked to go back but surgeon says no, working from home only. Boss is going to sort me out a lappy for next week which will be OK. Today was a miracle day, I went for a 4.5 mile cross country walk with my friend, doggers and just a trekking pole I cannot tell you how pleased I was and it felt sooooo good. Normal really. No limping, no pain and just 3 weeks post op. I think being fit really helps with my recovery. No one is more surprised than me that it hasnt taken much longer to getting back to doing stuff I love. Jax and Mary they are about 3 doors down and I know them to say hello to. Apparently it was alcohol fuelled after a wedding. Lovely.

Hope pay day comes soon Satz! Not nice scrimping or worrying.

Three Girls is a wonderful, disturbing and shocking drama. Well worth a watch and you can see exactly how they got into that position with the despicable men who groomed them.

Comment

I hope Jax and Mary were suitably mortified. I know Id never have had a public screaming fight, but a drink fulled scrap behind closed doors.. absolutely. The alcoholic brain is bitter, irrational, guilty, confused and lonely. Although you dont see that when your in the thick of it.

Delighted your doing so well Starty! I admit, I was a bit worried initially when you were in so much pain. Go you..:moonwalk:

Did you get it Bridge?? The great hack looks good, its a toss now between that and forensic files..

Cuff links are ridiculous JC. Youd think they'd have died a death by now...
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                    X