July Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Here's my rosie trying to do what she's told & not to come out of her bed while we have dinner. Two legs in & two legs out :haha:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4834[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by satz123; July 5, 2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hi folks.

Satz, congrat's on 6 years mi amiga! That really is somethin'. :woohoo2::balloons::llama:

Starty farty. Hope the hip is all going ok.
      Last edited by Guitarista; July 5, 2019, 04:45 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Finally got a free gaff.
        Lucky you JC! Will you embrace the peace or get a bit lonely by tomorrow?

Week here in August and then NY in October Rustop. A few weekends here and there. Lots of juggling, but much easier without the grog (And I always thought the wine helped me cope, how wrong I was)
        Off west tomorrow, daughter not quite settled in the gaeltacht. Well I thinks shes ok, but the friends are not, so all a bit messy...

Great post [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], we missed you.
        Last edited by IamMary; July 5, 2019, 05:15 PM.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good Lord the time goes fast.
          I'm watching The Casual Vacancy again because I was pissed last time I gave it a crack. Can barely remember a thing except the posh wife who is always drinking. I suppose I found that amusing at the time. Now it just looks sad.
          I have acheived so much over the last couple of days. Such a good feeling to clean the house and get some errands done. Finally got the feet done with reflexology (bliss) and a bit of work on the ''visage'' at beauticians. Everything just becomes neglected when you pour all your energy into drinking. Rainy old weekend which is fine. Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day and I will just keep plodding with the garden.

Reading back!!
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning,
            We got a wee tax refund the other day. Thinking its found money we were going for a few treats.........nothing mad. Perhaps another feather in my wedding hat, a nice meal out. Then all of a sudden the washing machine's given up the ghost and a lovely reminder that the car tax is due. We'll prolly have enough left over for a 10p mix-up at the paper shop.

Not lonely at all. My phone is forever beeping to start with. Last night I got the full playlist of some club the stag weekend were in last night. I ended up lying and said I was going to bed and switched my phone off.

:heartbeat: NY.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........Rosie is such a darling. How on earth did you train her to get even two legs in her basket?

Better take Bess out and get the paper.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Late check-in.
              Another quite day.
              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........cross-post this morning. Cannot stand people touching my feet. The reflexologist would have to catch me and tie me down first. Think I must have been traumatised by all the years getting 'proper' school shoes fitted by dragon like women.
              Didn't get a 10th of laid back stuff I was planning. Did watch some horse racing this afternoon and picked two winners, . Shame I didn't have any money on them.
              Bit of Wimbledon, old eps of NCIS.......its been nice.
              A lovely bouquet of flowers from himself delivered when I was out with Bess. I'd forgotten how many dog owners you bump into and have a good old natter. We only went to the paper shop round the corner must have taken an hour.
              Night night, lovelies and morning to Bridgeeeeeeeeee.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I would just like mother JC to know that I have awoken on the day of her 10 year anniversary to the most stunning, superb mid-winter morning. After a long period of rain (which we needed) we a have lovely sunny and clear day with a gentle warm breeze. I think there might be some symbolism in there somewhere :heartbeat:
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning.

Thanks again for the reminder Bridget and congratulations ������ again JC. Hope you are feeling very proud of yourself. Privileged to be sharing the journey with you.

Happy Sunday everyone else.

Comment

10 years Jacks - CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Comment

Morning,
                      [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].......:hug:.....thank you for my thread. Makes it real.
                      You know when I wrote that 10 years on the shouty thread, seeing 10 years written down in black and white........ I promptly burst into tears and now with your kind words I'm filling up again.
                      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].....:hug:....I remember last year you coming back to us all. The woman who got me to the dentist all by myself.

Mr JC and next door dad (next door dad is what the S&H has always called the bloke next door) are on their way to the airport and should be back here near 3pm.

Oh and the Stag night best hideous shirt award went to Mr. JC.......

Off for a trot round with the block with Bess and then I'd better go and get some food in.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cross-post there.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        10 years Jacks - CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
                        Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] how are you ? When is the op ?

Comment

Big discovery :yay:

IT'S WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY!!!

Last edited by satz123; July 7, 2019, 06:07 AM.

Comment

OMG that image is obscene - but I love it !!! Even the colour purple reminds me of Cadbury's chocolate. Do you think I'm an addict ?? :egad:

Comment

Hello all, sorry I have been awol. Been having a bit of a pity party.

Firstly though MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO JC!! What a wonderful achievement and well deserved.

Op is tomorrow Satz. I have to be there at 7.30 and today I am getting as much as I can ready and doing housework so it is easier for Mr S. My eye is healed but I now have dry eye (apparently common in ladies and gents over 50) so wearing contact lenses can be uncomfortable. I cannot rely on specs as I do not get vision that I can get with lenses due to my astigmatism (lenses correct it) and the prescription (+10) so it might be that my lense wearing days are numbered which has hugely worried me. There may be an option to have eye surgery and have lenses implanted in my eyes but first I need to see the consultant in case I have a condition called kerataconus (sp?) which is thinning of the cornea. If I do, the resolution is to wear hard lenses but as I have an issue with the lack of tears may not be able to. Anyhoo it is all very complicated and worrying. For now I am trying to spend less time looking at screens and putting artificial tears in every hour or so.

Anyway today my corneal abrasion (which could have been caused by the lens scooting over a dry eye) is healed and I am praying I do not get another. So onto the hip :haha: By this time tomorrow it will all be done. Cannot wait, it has been a tense couple of months

Hope you are all having a lovely day

Comment

Working...
                                X