July Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Yes that day at the dentist was my finest work. An intervention from 10,000 miles away.

That shirt ......is profoundly hideous....
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Oh Starty......
      One step at a time eh?
      At times like these I can only deal if I cut it down into chunks, no matter what "it" is. Isn't getting older fun and inspiring?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        Morning,
        [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].......:hug:.....thank you for my thread. Makes it real.
        You know when I wrote that 10 years on the shouty thread, seeing 10 years written down in black and white........ I promptly burst into tears and now with your kind words I'm filling up again.
        [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].....:hug:....I remember last year you coming back to us all. The woman who got me to the dentist all by myself.

Mr JC and next door dad (next door dad is what the S&H has always called the bloke next door) are on their way to the airport and should be back here near 3pm.

Oh and the Stag night best hideous shirt award went to Mr. JC.......

Off for a trot round with the block with Bess and then I'd better go and get some food in.
        I actually love that shirt haha! Congratulations Jackie on your 10 years, we're soooooo very lucky that you stick around here,love hearing from you about life and keeping a calm head on(best you can) and finding the humor in things even if they're not going as planned,you're a blessing to me and others here, enjoy your day and go splurge on one of your favorite treats!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...........I didn't know that about the dry eyes. Been getting that a lot just thinking I've got an eyelash trapped. Will get some eyewash. Suppose its time to get an eye bath.....sigh.
          So happy you're excited.....this time tomorrow you'll prolly be having your dinner.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...........I picked the shirt. Would you believe first bar they hit last night has a man with the same one on. Think they're best buddies for life now.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........well if there was ever a day to celebrate chocolate it has to be today.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........an act of kindness goes a very long way. Oh and Btw I've got a mouthful of dental invasion due mid-August. Don't go anywhere will you?

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].....thank you for starting my thread.

Mr JC back from Spain. There's still a few straggling stags on their way home tomorrow. He brought back the tackiest plastic fan emboldened with flamenco ladies. Its fabulous as well as the posh toiletries from the hotel.

Still overwhelmed by so much kindness.
          Last edited by JackieClaire; July 8, 2019, 02:50 AM.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quick late checkin, sorry I am so late! not long home (zonked)

Congratulations [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!!
            Not only 10 years booze free, but empowering the rest of us to follow.. :love_heart:
            I hope you got to do something lovely today.
            Last edited by IamMary; July 7, 2019, 05:16 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], best of luck tomorrow X

Comment

Go well today, Starty. Get the thing over and done with girlie.

JC I'll take a sicky from work so that I can talk you through your dental. No, it's fine, I insist.....
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  JC I'll take a sicky from work so that I can talk you through your dental. No, it's fine, I insist.....
                  Of course, I'll send the family jet over and an all-day bus ticket.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. Not long in from work, another full week so busy, busy. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Starty, hope everything went well, check in if you get a chance.

Safe travels Bridget, you are a real Florence Nightingale, LoL. Glad the stag went well JC. Feet up for the evening, Love Island and early to bd.

Comment

Been having vivid drinking dreams lately :egad: - mostly I'm so happy when I wake up that it is not real.

Then this evening out of the blue I thought "what if I could now just have one or two" ?
                      This happened having witnessed MrS have one pint at lunchtime & be happy with it.

I promptly dug out my word document from 2013 where I documented my last drinking session .
                      I read it and all thoughts of drinking were soon dispelled as the horror of that last hangover & sickly feeling came back. YUKKKK

Comment

Thats why we're here [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], so we dont forget.
                        I do get fleeting thoughts, sometimes less fleeting. Even this weekend, we were out and Mr M and BIL were banging on about this 2% beer, telling me how good it was. Im not sure if they were just chatting, trying to temp me or testing me.. but I did have a moment of, hmm.. 2%, Im hardly going to relapse on 1 mouthful.
                        What kept me going was knowing that me not drinking drives BIL nuts .
                        Last edited by IamMary; July 8, 2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Whats the point of 2% beers anyway?

Comment

Glad you have that document, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. I don’t but I have images of myself in a dark kitchen drinking cheap wine right out of the box spigot and sneaking around hiding bottles in crazy places. I never want to be doing all that again. I rarely have thoughts of having a glass - one just sounds irritating. It occasionally crosses my mind to escape for just “one night” but that’s not how it works...

I hope your surgery was a total success, [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], and that after healing, you feel better and stronger than ever.

Hi to all the other troops :smile:!

Comment

Hello all. All done and by all accounts went very well. I had a general in the end as that was what anaesthetist recommended. Surgeon came in first and said spinal is best 2 mins later anaesthetist came in and said “if i was having the op i would definitely have a general “ :haha: talk about a difference of opinion. I was not too keen on having an injection in my spine and poss nerve damage and trouble weeing. Although both rare. I woke up to the most excruciating pain saying noo im not ready for this ! Anyway after a couple of hours pain got under control with a morphine pump which i stll have. Surgeon said it all went very well and confirmed hip was knackered so that was reassuring. Haven’t made it to the toilet yet but am allowed to use commode. Bye bye dignity ��

Thank you for all the well wishes.

Funny how even after years we still want to test the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                Been having vivid drinking dreams lately :egad: - mostly I'm so happy when I wake up that it is not real.

Then this evening out of the blue I thought "what if I could now just have one or two" ?
                                This happened having witnessed MrS have one pint at lunchtime & be happy with it.

I promptly dug out my word document from 2013 where I documented my last drinking session .
                                I read it and all thoughts of drinking were soon dispelled as the horror of that last hangover & sickly feeling came back. YUKKKK
                                That is EXACTLY why I am building my crash pack/box/kit.
                                FFS it just never leaves us alone forever. Stupid effing stuff.

JC, so glad you have the Lear Jet still. I do so hate Cattle Class on QANTAS. Especially a full day and night of it.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X