One Step at a Time - July 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2019

Glassie - I am just thrilled for you. Has HRH met HRH yet? I loved that quote and so perfect.

Liz - I'm glad that SIL was on good behavior. How long is Mark going to be in St Croix?

Bird - good luck with your drive. Are you feeling any less stressed? Hopefully, after you get home you will be more relaxed. Wow, you

Pauly - I was surprised that the earthquake was felt all the way in Vegas. But, I guess it was centered out that way. What did you do all day?

Rusty - How are you doing? Are you feeling better after your trip? I'm so glad that you went and had fun.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Had another big quake tonight. Bigger than yesterday. Everything is fine here. :shocked::shocked:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by bird View Post
        ...so that cats were very frightened last night and Bruno was howling a bit. Woaowww waaah, like that.
        bird - my elderly cat has dementia (except we now have to call it cognitive decline) and sometimes I get that ALL NIGHT! She has four different bowls of food/milk /water but she'll go into the wardrobe and cry for food because she's forgotten where she is and that I've fed her. It's absolutely heartbreaking. :sad:
        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; July 6, 2019, 06:47 AM.
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Very glad you're OK Nora!
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,that one we felt last night! I was laying in bed watching Love after lockup(guilty pleasure) and my bed started swaying felt like a magic carpet ride,I got up and went downstairs to ask Bobby and Brady wtf and they were both laughing thinking it was cool(assholes) called Kell to make sure she was ok but she was pretty shaken up and scared cuz she had the boys in the bath at the time and they freaked out too,I really hope that's it,not in the mood for no earthquake b.s.waves to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Saturday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - I wondered if you felt it. That one was pretty scary because it went on for so long and kept building up & up. Poor kids being in the bathtub when it hit.

Glassie - sad about your kitty. How is everything going with the new addition? So absolutely thrilled for you!
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow, heard about those long after shocks! Hope you guys are ok!

Comment

Hi all, well glad all the travelling is over for now, glad to have dd2 back safe and sound. She was so tired and snoozed on the way home. Made a pizza last night with my homemade tomato sauce. I was gonna try and save it all for winter, but I will just use 1 jar......Liz, glad SIL was being good. Bet Mark is having fun in St. Croix....Glassie, I love Rumi! Your poor cat, aww.....Nora, hope you don't get anymore quakes! Glad everyone is ok......Paulie, that sounds so frightening, the boys being in the tub!...well, I am off to the mounds before the heat heats up to broil. Glad to have a normal week....waves to Rusty

Comment

Morning friends,omg Bird I read that as "I love Rum" haha tired eyes I guess, summer seems to be going by at record speed,have you guys noticed that? Lou's already watching Christmas movies! He found a momma cat with 4 kitties yesterday and took a black one,I don't care for cats much BUT I have a strong love for black cats for some reason, anyways it's so cute he was calling it Minnie until I told him it has balls,now he's trying to come up with another name haha! What's everyone up to today? Nora,how's your mom feeling? Much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Sunday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Haha Pauly, I read rum too! The kittens sound cute! I'm not much of a cat person either, but I'd go for the black one too. Black like my Lucy and I had another dog growing up named Blacky. Yes summer is going very fast. I saw back to school supplies at the dollar store.
                      Bird, I'm glad you have a normal week ahead of you. Nice dd2 is back.
                      We had a lovely day. After church we were standing around talking and my sister said she felt like going to Cracker Barrel. We all agreed. There isn't one close by, about 40 minutes away. But we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Hubby's first office was not to far from there, so we just drove around and saw all the old sights! The town he worked in was an hour away from here and it's very rural. There's a quaint little Main Street. Don't know why we haven't been back, but it was a totally spontaneous day. Definitely need to do that more often. Now we'll watch the women's World Cup, even though we know who won.
                      RUsty, Nora, glassie, waves and hope you guys are all doing well. Nora, any more after shocks?
                      Hope you guys all enjoyed a great AF day!

Comment

Bird - Glad you are finally done with all the traveling. Homemade tomato sauce sounds so good. Yum.

Liz - what a fun day you had. How is your niece doing?

Pauly - Is the kitty getting along ok with the dogs? Mine always did fine.

Hard to believe the long weekend is almost over. It was nice and relaxing for sure. Mom has been confused and pretty out of it for the last couple of days. But, we are doing ok.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,the kitty just hangs out with the dogs,she's fine,I asked Lou yesterday if he decided in a name he said "Midnight" that's a good one I think,sorry your mom's been out of it and foggy but at least she's not panicky like she's been in the past oh heck it all seems hard to deal with Liz,glad you got to visit the old town,I'm probably the only person on Earth who thinks Cracker Barrel food is yucky! At least you all had a nice time together though Bird,yum on the pizza,I'm jealous that you're growing so many tomatoes that you get to make sauce,I get one pop up here and there on my tomato plant,Glassy I read back on your cat and that is just too sad poor thing Rusty hope all is well with you, hoping for an easy AF Monday for us all!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone,

I am so glad everyone is safe after the quakes! How scary for [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] and her family and for you and your grandchildren, [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]wogg.:hug: [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I hope you are getting in plenty of snuggles with your new grandson. How does little HRH like her baby brother? [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], it must be a relief to be in your own home and not traveling. [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I am glad that your SIL was on her best behavior. She should do that more often. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-I am with you. I can't stand Cracker Barrel's food. I think Midnight is the perfect name for your new kitty.

I am off to Kansas for work and scrambling to catch my flight. Back home late tomorrow night and working locally the rest of the week.

Happy AF Monday to you all!

Comment

Safe travels, Rusty.

Pauly - I like Midnight too
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all! I can't imagine why you guys dislike Ctacker Barrel. It's always crowded, though. I'm sure if we had one local we wouldn't covet it so.
                                I'm usually on vacation when we eat there, maybe that's it.
                                Rusty enjoy Kansas! I'm glad you'll be close to home after tomorrow.
                                Nora, my niece in Ohio seems to be doing well. We spoke with her on the 4th. She likes her job which is in her field of study. They are planning on marrying in sept. She calls my sister at least 4 or 5 times a week. We think she misses her family but seems to be adjusting.
                                Pauly, the name Midnight is perfect!
                                I don't even know how to describe my day! Let's call it emotional. Mark came home tonight and had a wonderful time with cj and Joe. He said it made him realize just how much fun they always had and he misses her here a lot. Yeah I cried! I'm happy they get along, but it hurts me so they aren't together. Does that make sense? Erin had a bit of a rough weekend at the inlaws beach house. Logan would not nap and had trouble sleeping at night! I don't know if it was just a different environment, no routine or what. She was pretty miserable today. She's so tired and nauseous. Dan wants to go back in a few weeks for a long weekend and then 10 days in August. Seriously, I just cried. Granted I don't know the whole story, but have a little compassion for your wife and your child that she is carrying. Not to mention, my coworker got just frustrated and nasty with me at work today, we were all just busy! She was slamming things around. Just freakin weepy all day. In sorry guys, just really struggling emotionally. Maybe because we're coming up on a year daddy passed. I'm sorry, that was quite a pity party I had there.
                                Hubby is taking me to the beach tomorrow.
                                Hope you guys had a great AF Monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X