One Step at a Time - July 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2019

Glad you were able to relax a little, Rusty. Bird, was it a good hike?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all..had a bad dental appt, was supposed to take 2 1/2 to do 2 crowns, took 3 hours to do 1, kept giving me shots and then leave for a long time, by time she came back its worn off, the 2nd tooth she is putting me on antibiotics and prednisone (not that again haha), says it won't hurt so bad...gotta go back in 2 weeks..lost a musician friend today, we were very close for a few years so was a bit sad and triggered, but haven't seen him in a couple of years. Seems I lose so many musician friends, or maybe I just know a lot of musicians idk....Mr.G, nice to see you drop in!....Nora, loved that quote!......Liz, glad you got through the anniversary, good you have your family....Rusty, the hot tub sounds good...waves to Paulie and Glassie

Comment

Hi everyone. Tired and heading off to bed. Hope everyone had a good day. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], hope you're feeling ok after your dental ordeal.
        Going to work tomorrow and then going to do a meet and greet at the foster home of the rescue dog. She said we could take her home if we want. Mark wants a big dog and well, this one is a sweet chocolate lab pup, with big paws I might add!:eek-new::eek-new: hubby pulled all of Lucy's things out of the attic. Yeah, don't see any of that working. We shall see. I'm so anxious about this, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep. Keep you posted.
        Last edited by Lizann; July 18, 2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Well - where is everybody today? I hope off having fun. Oh, I just remembered that Liz is working late.

Since nobody is around and I'm talking to myself anyway, here goes.........I'm going to let it all out!

Got to work and was met by an e-mail from my coworker. What does low disk space mean? Oh my gosh! So, I went back and dealt with that for 2 hours and it's still not fixed.

I went to the restroom about an hour later. On the toilet and minding my own business. Felt something on my arm. I look down and there is a cockroach trying to crawl up my sleeve. :disgust::eeew:uke:I screamed and tore my shirt off and threw it across the stall (luckily I was in the handicap stall so it was bigger!). Trying to take care of what I need to so I can get up. Stand up and see this huge bug crawling back along the wall. Oh I'm making myself sick just talking about it again.

Went to the rheumatologist and he was saying that this parvovirus B19 arthritis isn't going away. Showing me the lab results showing That I just don't understand any of it. So, I'm frustrated this evening.

And to top it all off, I just was walking thru the doorway and not paying attention and I ran smack dab into the door jamb. That's going to bruise. LOL

Now I am going to watch another episode of Stranger Things and forget it all.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful day. I know that Bird had the dentist, Liz had to work late and Rusty had a long day while not feeling well. Pauly & Glassie, I sure hope you both had a better day.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Bird & Liz.

Bird - I'm sorry that the dentist was so awful. And I'm really sorry to hear that another friend of yours passed away.

Liz - hope the foster visit goes well tomorrow.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So we all posted at the same time hehehe...Nora, Stranger things is filmed here in a town up by the falls. They are filming a movie downtown now and it is partially blocked off this week. I am very afraid of big roaches. I don't see them as much here, but where I lived before they were bad. Huge. Sorry about the arthritis, it sounds bad...Liz, let us know how the visit goes. Hope you were able to sleep...I did not sleep well and thought of my old friend a lot. Dd2 was a little upset about it as she studied music with him for 3 or 4 years. Hoping for more rain today, it was wonderful yest...

Comment

Oh thank goodness it's Friday! What a day.

Bird - so sad about your friend.

Liz - how's the foster/adoption going?

Rusty - how are you feeling? How's the burn? Are you home?

Pauly - did you hit the 99cent store? Hubby & I really want to go but don't know if we'll be able to work it out. Isn't that funny that I get so excited about the 99 cent store.

Savannah's birthday party on Sunday. 1 year old already! Her birthday is on Monday. I was so busy complaining yesterday that I forgot to tell you what a nice lunch I had with my son and granddaughter. She is such a cutie pie.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone.

We snuck out this morning while Mom was still in bed. Went to the market to get fruit for tomorrow. I'm just going to cut up fresh fruit to take to the party. I can't believe my baby is one year old.

You all are having such bad heat. That's awful. We have been really lucky this year. Knock on wood.

Well, I think a nap is in my future. I will be back.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow Nora, I can't believe a year has passed by. Have a wonderful party....nothing happening here..dd1 and her bf came over to get some boxes for moving...dd2 and her bf moving today, she rented a uhaul, I don't want to think about her driving that thing. Reading a good book called Brain Maker, is about changing eating to help with problems...did a wood burning today, I traced from an adult coloring book onto the wood, then burned it....looks good..waves to all

Comment

Hey all
                      Sending my love to you all.

All is well in the new grandbaby's household. I'm starting babysitting again tomorrow as my son has decided to start teaching again this semester after all. Still just one day a week and just to help my Daughter-in-law and spend some quality time with HRH.

Hope you all have a lovely week.
                      xx
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Happy birthday to little Savanna! Can't believe it's been a year! What a little cutie!

Comment

Mr V - great to see you!!!!!
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                            Hey all
                            Sending my love to you all.

All is well in the new grandbaby's household. I'm starting babysitting again tomorrow as my son has decided to start teaching again this semester after all. Still just one day a week and just to help my Daughter-in-law and spend some quality time with HRH.

Hope you all have a lovely week.
                            xx
                            So happy to hear from you. You are missed. Wonderful that everything is going well with your two babes. I hope that you have a wonderful time having HRH visit you once a week. Don't forget to make a blankie fort.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Had a great day today. Beautiful park. Small group - family and a few of C's friends. That little girl is loved. We scared her when we clapped too loud as she played with her cake. LOL
                              It really wore Mom out but she had a nice time.

Bird - that wood burning sounds really cool. What a great idea. Did dd2 get moved ok?
                              [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - how are you doing? It was so nice of you to drop in. I haven't been cruising around much so I haven't check on you lately. I need to do that.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora happy 1st birthday to Savannah! I'm glad you got to spend a lot of time with her and that your mom was there too!!
                                GLassie, how nice you will be with the grand babies regularly. It's so wonderful to get to spend time with them. It's surreal to watch these little ones develop.
                                bird, your wood burn sounds interesting and I'm glad it turned out well. I'm glad that you r keeping busy. That's important for me and my sobriety.
                                Pauly, how was your weekend? Romeo must be getting into everything these days!
                                RUsty, how is your burn healing? Are you feeling better after last weeks incident that landed u in the ER?
                                Hope you were able to relax a little this weekend. Are you traveling this week?
                                Mark found a town home he really likes. It's a little more than he wants to spend so he is thinking of just trying to put in an offer on the lower side and see how it plays out. He is thinking of looking at houses now too. They would actually likely be less money than a town home, Marks dog Tessa is less apprehensive every day. She is very sweet and still very docile. ,we are thinking she may even be a little depressed.
                                Anyhow life around here has been extremely busy and exciting. I am thoroughly enjoying every minute, but I'm exhausted!
                                Hope everyone has a great AF night and great Monday!
                                Last edited by Lizann; July 21, 2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X