Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2019

Liz - glad you found some deals.

We're losing hospice again. It was a surprise but not completely unexpected. Anyway, I'm a little glum but thin has will be fine.
    Heading to bed to play candy crush. Ha ha
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora that sucks about hospice Liz,now what are you gonna do when Mark and Tessa move out? Seems you've grown so attached to her haha,good find on the clearance pots,how's Logan?I dreamt I had a pet pig and couldn't find it in the house anywhere,what a weird ass dream! Bird,hope you're having a great time,Rusty,busy I'm assuming? Much love to all and I hope we all have an easy AF day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all. Sorry but here's another one all about me. :sad:
        I came home from work early. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm hurting, Mom is having a bad day, hubby isn't doing well.
        The Hospice Doctor had said she didn't think we needed to worry about Mom being taken off. So, I had relaxed about that for the last couple of months. Yesterday, when I got home Scott met me at my car and told me what the nurse had said. It's been over 6 months, there hasn't been a major decline in health. She didn't say what date so I think we have another week or two.
        Hospice is for end of life and Mom isn't there yet. She's weaker and mentally has declined. But, it's not end of life. So, we will be off Hospice for 6 months or so and then the Doctor can request it again.
        This morning Mom was in the restroom and hubby had gone in to make her wash her hands. (We always pump foaming soap into her hands for her). Well, he pumped the soap into her hands and turned his back. Turned back and she had her head down in her hand drinking the soapy water. uke:
        I have been so weepy lately. I think I'm having a side effect from the medication I started taking. I thought it might have helped the pain a little bit but not if I am crying all the time!! I'm tired of all the meds I've been taking for the pain & stiffness. Trying to get the right combination. I'm sick of the whole thing. Geez, what a big baby I am. Can you imagine if I had a really big problem.

Ok - thanks for letting me vent - it helped. I'm all better now.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - I was thinking the same thing. What are you going to do when Tessa leaves?! Glad you found some good deals. That will help him a lot.

Pauly - have you been wanting a pet pig? What a funny dream. Don't you hate a dream where you're looking for something. I just realized that I haven't had my dreams about water in a very long time. I used to dream about swimming and then the water would turn murky. How weird that just popped into my head. I hope I don't dream about that again now that I've thought about it.

Bird - how was the hike? Did you have a wonderful time?

Rusty - Hope you're having a good week.

Glassie - would love to hear some news about the baby and big sister.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all...had a great time with dd2. Her and bf came over last night and spent the night. They just moved into new apt and said the a/c was so filthy it was causing him asthma prob. She took it all apart with a youtube video to clean, I said don't mess with it she could mess up her lease or get in trouble somehow. That is what they have maintenance for anyway..dd2 and her bf moving today, she wants me to help but I have my sober coach soon. She waits till the last minute to do stuff...Paulie, that is funny about the pig dream. I was thinking of you the other night. Watched the new Gordon Ramsay show and they were eating a guinea pig......Liz, hope Logan is feeling better. Hope Mark finds a better house, good deal on the pots.....Nora, too bad about hospice again..I play candy crush too...I like books that make me cry sometimes...Rusty, hope you have safe travelss..

Comment

Bird - I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time. I thought dd1 was moving away to school. Is she moving near you? I know what you mean about the last minute stuff.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

She is, but she will stay with dd2 until time to go, since her bf is roommate with dd2 and her bf... Little boy next door came over to tell me it was his birthday and I realized I have been living here for 1 year.

Comment

Nora, so sorry about hospice! I'm sorry you guys aren't feeling well. That's a lot to deal with. Vent away here if you need too, it's fine. I just honestly wish there was more I could do to help put.
                  BIrd, wow, the year went quick. You seem to really be happy there. Good that your kids have you there to help them out.
                  I'm pretty annoyed with hubby. His aunt is turning 90 in September and his sister is going down to Florida and talked thier brother into going too. Now she's pressuring hubby into going. I'm working and taking off a ton of time in October for the weddings and then a cruise for 10 days. He needs to help watch Logan, I can't take off more time from work. I personally think he needs to put his daughters and grandsons needs above those of his sister. (My son is totally opposed to my argument) Took Tessa for a walk and what a nightmare. She refused to walk I literally dragged her and she weighs 35 pounds. Then the second half of the walk Tessa pulled me home. I have blisters on my Hands from the leash. Sigh, "get a dog" they said " it'll be fun" they said. I'm just exhausted. Nora, I wish I had some of that medication that makes me weepy. I just want to cry.
                  BTW, Im fine with Tessa moving out. I just want her to have the room, exercise and attention she deserves. I am opposed to couping up a large dog for 8 to 10 hours a day. When Mark adopted her we discussed these issues and agreed that she could spend some time here while he is at work. I just need her to be within a reasonable distance to make that feasible.

Comment

Oh Liz - sounds like you had a pretty crappy day. Can your hubby just go for a couple of days so that you don't have to miss work? Can Mark work from home on those days to help out?
                    Tessa was sure a handful today! I would be scared to try to walk her alone again after that.
                    Maybe you & I both need a big cry to make us feel better. I'll bring the tissues. Meet you in the blankie fort. Who else is in???
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Thursday everyone.

Don't forget to find something happy today.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I made an August thread, hope it's ok
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X