Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: August Army Thread 2019

Evening All,
    Yes Tony - a sneaky 100 hundred days and delighted with myself.
    I've had a small bleed into my left eye. Looks like my eye pressure is up again, so it's off to get another round of those middle aged tests.
    Funny I've had a fair bit of time to think about 'never again' drinking and it just doesn't bother me at all as a concept any more. Just can't thin of a situation that I'd want to any more.

Well done on your 10 days, Tony. It's all up from here.

The gardening programmes can be highly addictive JC. Beware!

I'm off to rest my eyes.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Morning,
      Well, we've gone quiet again and so have I.
      Not a lot to say today so just checking in to be accountable.
      Quick check in from me as well. Busy days. Younger son has his boy back with him after the two weeks he was on holidays with his Mom. Happy day!! We went to the beach today. He was asleep in his car seat when we got there and as his dad was carrying him to the beach, he opened his eyes and saw me behind them. Closed his eyes again and a couple of seconds later, opened them again. Then realizing that it was his Yeye following them (that's me), this huge smile came across is face and turned to his Dad and said - my Yeye is here!! Best smile EVER!!!

Tony - I think your idea of going for the uni degree is fabulous. It will be great incentive for you. Best of luck!

I, too had my "drinking hour" and most days was gagging til the time finally arrived. Dog, I am so glad that is behind me. I will never drink again. I hated it so much at the end that I could never go back there again. Anything but that!! An added note that my special friend has almost 11 years AF and on my birthday, celebrated 5 years NF. The man rocks!!!!

Jackie - I love succulents but can only name one - aloe! I have a "fairy garden" with succulents. Here's a pic. It's a little bee sunning on the beach - the blue stones are supposed to be the water. Click on it to see a larger pic. If it came out even bigger, you could see she has a towel, a beach bag and flip flops with her and also a squirrel and a turtle to keep her company. So very easy to take care of!!

Fairy Garden.jpg

Off to get some food going. Younger son had his name day yesterday and has invited friends and family this evening for a bbq so I'd better get hopping. Have some salads to make.

Catch up with youz tomorrowz!! Take care!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by stirly-girly; August 31, 2019, 09:18 AM.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Evening everyone. Just checking in after a long day. Drove west to attend funeral, a lot of driving in one day. Stirly that’s such a sweet story about your grandson, enjoy your time with him. Look after yourself Bridget, growing old is not for the faint hearted.

Started watching Game of Thrones from the beginning with hubby, he had only watched a few years ago. Nearly finished season 1.

Comment

Got a bit more chatty as the day went by.
          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]......you've told me before, be a darling and tell me again what a name day is again? Pretty please.
          I just like succulents and cacti because you can neglect them for months........give 'em water and they're back. I keep most of them in the conservatory as its freezing in there during the winter and beyond hot in the summer.
          My favourite is the Mother of Millions.
          Mother of Millions

We're off to our eldest niece's birthday lunch tomorrow. She's 22 our little miracle . My lovely SIL lost her first as she was still-born. So she's much loved.

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]...........now I don't want to put a downer on this but the OU thing. Think hard........... its a big thing to be taking on so early in your sobriety. An alternative could be to do a couple of their short courses. I can only speak from my experience as I tried an OU Psycholgy degree back when I got sober about 2005 and got so frustrated I started drinking again .........they were a mass of other stuff going on as well. I'm thinking your mum, here. As I say just my experience,but its so easy to think we can conquer the world in the early days.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]..........I'm always amazed when people have leftover wine. Unheard of in this house........although I did find half a bottle of white wine in the fridge in the garage. Straight down the sink.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........its not on 'til a week on Friday...........something stoopid like an soccer international on........how very dare they.

Off to do the shouty stuff.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening, didn't realise the time, its tomorrow already!
            Just a check-in wave. Enjoy lunch tomorrow JC..

Yeye, love it [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]!
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning All!
              Up and at it to a perfect day after a great sleep and it's Father's Day. Got the crew coming over. I can't help but reflect on all of the Father's Days and Christmas Days that I woke up hungover or still drunk. Nothing was sacred. I just 'got through' life. Survived.

Stirly what a lovely story about that sweet little grandson. Thank God there are innocent little kids in the world or we might all become completely cynical.

I've been meanng to ask you JC, what night does Gardener's World usually show on BBC? Without the interference from sport I mean.I never know what day to start picking it up on Daily Motion.

I remember when I first gave up years ago Tony, I was going to move away and start again and change all sorts of things. It's great in one way because we feel so good, but we have to treat ourselves as if we've had major surgery. Because effectively, we may as well have. COuld you apply and defer your offer until next year? You can still review literature to get ready but without the pressure.

So you went down the Game of Thrones rabbit hole Rustop? I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I stopped watching because the violence was too much for me. If I want that I can watch the news.

Waving back to Mary!!

I'm off to scare the family with my eye (I look like a cross-eyed lunatic)

Enjoy that sleep folks. See you after 4pm!
              Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; August 31, 2019, 06:52 PM.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
              X