August Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: August Army Thread 2019

Have to go to work - I expect all the details of wedding when I return.
    My ETA 6pm this evening.

But darkened room, Rosie, food will be first.

:llama: Byeeeeeee !

Comment

Just in, so just short reportage of wedding............it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! :congratulatory:
      It thundered, it rained (and it bucketed down) but the sun came out at the important bits like the photos.
      Both the families scrubbed up well.
      Had a bit of trouble getting the hat (it got a life of its own) to stay in place but before the ceremony and as we were waiting for the bride the celebrant wedged it on my head in such a way it didn't move for a couple of hours.
      As I say just a quickie as I think I've had all of 10 minutes sleep in two days and no nanna naps. :eek-new:
      Oh, one thing that made me fill up and the mother of the bride........we were their witnesses. We had no idea. Talk about leaky eyes.
      And they came down the aisle to..........A Million Dreams (from The Greatest Showman) music video - YouTube
      Not a dry eye in the place.
      More later...........I crying happy tears now.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ah well done Jacks - what a lovely surprise.
        Sleep your brains out :thumbsup:

Comment

I'm so glad it went well JC. Especially if everyone gets on and make it about the bride and groom, just as it should be. People should leave their issues at the door or not go.

I had a flat battery issue this morning on my way to spend money (as I am want to do these days) Nice NRMA man turned up to help out. I just decided to turn a negative into a positive while I was waiting and vacuumed the thing through. Spotted the most beautiful french provincial lounge out and about. So tempted but this place needs a lot of work that doesn't include pretty blue-grey lounges. Buggrit.
          The dog said I should get it because I've saved so much money by not drinking. I agree with her. And I know Mary would want me to have a vodka sofa if she wasn't in the Irish or English Midlands where I may or may not have once lived.

Still waiting wedding photos......tap tap tap....
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and evening Bridgeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...............if the dog says get it......get it. Honestly, this house would be a tip without Bess. Although the flat battery may be a sign to wait 'til later.
            From 4pm BST tomorrow this will be the view from French doors in our chalet at Loch Awe. The cabins are adjoining the hotel and they put dog-friendly peeps in them and we toddle up there for brekkie and dinner. Bess will accompony us to dinner on Thursday as its her 15th birthday..........yes its so dog friendly good boys and good girls are allowe in

I have one photo of us & the happy couple. Will try my best to pm it or I'll get Satz to do it (she's a lully girl).

Honestly, this post has taken an hour. I've got himself in one ear asking what & how many t-shirts to take, DIL in the other asking when can they go see Grandma and Jenny whatsapping that she's just landed in Prague and I'm getting a minute by minute reports of them going through customs and what bus they have to catch to the city and how long it will take........... and my coffee's gone cold.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That is absolutely stunning. I do feel sorry for the person swimming in the red hat. Looks a bit cold out there.
              Bess will have to put on her best black for dinner.
              I really wanted to bung on a sicky for tomorrow and go and get that lounge that the dog so wants, but remembered I have a committee meeting with a bunch of massive bozzos. Maybe Wednesday. I have 5 or 6 weeks of sick leave and that just looks all messy on my pay advice.
              I didn't know Satz was Lully. Whatever that is.

Hope Mary is having fun in someone's Midlands.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Honestly, this post has taken an hour. I've got himself in one ear asking what & how many t-shirts to take, DIL in the other asking when can they go see Grandma and Jenny whatsapping that she's just landed in Prague and I'm getting a minute by minute reports of them going through customs and what bus they have to catch to the city and how long it will take........... and my coffee's gone cold.
                OMG, Daughter in law is making demands already :haha:
                That pic is fabulous JC.. sounds like an amazing day! you'll all be on a high for weeks now. Are they off on honeymoon soon?

Just back from the sort-of middle of IRELAND [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].. Leitrim. Although technically it has a bit of coast, but most it is middleish.. house with a day cruiser, up and down the river shannon and cycling on the canal routes. Good trip. I refused to cook until the last day and then the kids were begging me for home made food. This would be excellent reverse psychology if it wasnt for the week eating out/take away to get to that point..
                Bridge :upsidedown:, you know where I stand on the V sofa - deep meaningful connection and all of that. I dont think it would be advisable to walk away. You may spend a life wondering, what if... Think of your future and your happiness.
                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], whats the story with the darkened room? You getting regular migraines?
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], whats the story with the darkened room? You getting regular migraines?
                  No Mers - me nerves 'do be' just frazzled dealing with a constant stream of people all day ....... want, want , want........ I need the peace.
                  But then today when I get home MrS starts with stupid questions about why Rosie got sick on her walk .... jesus -
                  THEN says he's off for a pint 'cos he's bored ( FFS sitting watching football all day)
                  Doesn't matter that while I worked yesterday - he was at the football in a Sky corporate box getting free food & drink all day till 10pm.

I'm truly getting sick of it ...

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........donkey's years ago I heard 'only boring people are bored'. Fling that at him.
                    Bess is doing a bit of puking at the moment....nothing massive....not sure what it is. Of course, her being nearly 15 nearly sent us into a spin, but my cousin's dog ........Freddie (he's only 3ish) is the same. Could be she's found left over chips or a 300 years old biscuit when she's snuffling in the bushes.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........not sure what 'lully' means. To me its lovely and kind.

Welcome home, [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]. They're off to Dubrovnik on Wednesday for 5 nights. With Jenny and BF in Prague and us off to Scotland in the morning, there'll be no JC family in England.
                    I've just got to get the kitchen sink in my case and we're just about ready to go. I suppose if I take two of the ballgowns and the grandfather clock out there'll be room.

I can show you the venue now. I don't know why I couldn't show you before......think the happy couple thought that a bunch of alkies from around the world were going to gate-crash.
                    Horton Grange - Home
                    Got to say the best decision they made was to call time at the bar at 11pm and not go for an extended license. Yes there were people that had more than enough and then some but very, very little over the topness.
                    Luckily I could just go hide in one of the little cottages we had when it all got too much. Then came back after 20 mins with a big smilie face.:love:
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

..........not sure what 'lully' means. To me its lovely and kind.
                      When my sister was young she couldn't say lovely - it was 'lully' ... so you are right Jacks
                      [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] that place is just fabulous and you & MrJC looked fabulous & the bride & groom fabulous. I can post the picture or send to this lot on PM ? Let me know.
                      Now don't be telling the 'world & his wife' that JC mansions will be empty - robbers love that info .... :haha:

Comment

..donkey's years ago I heard 'only boring people are bored'
                        This, i like. Thanks Jacks.
                        Hope Bess is feeling better.
                        The venue is stunning! They were correct, of course we would have gate crashed
                        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], stating the obvious here, but would Mr S go back to work? He needs to be busy.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late check in........just made the picnic for the journey, got over-tired and now wide awake.
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........if we got burglars, they'd prolly take pity on us and give the house a good tidy and hoover through. Its a tip.
                          That would be lovely to post the picture. How are they ever going to know?
                          And thank you so much for saying I was slim...........I was getting a load of remarks about how skinny/thin I'd got. How rude!!! It wasn't deliberate........couldn't be arsed to explain kidney failure plus c-diff takes a while to get over every ten minutes. Tbh you start sounding like an aged aunt who's just had her varicose veins done.
                          I wouldn't dream of saying to someone..........' aren't you fat'.........' who's been eating all the pies?'..........' you carry your weight well'

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........Bess is fine. Think it may have been snarfing down leftover paneer vindaloowhen no-one was looking at the curry night on Thursday when the groom's men were here.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So yer back then Mary? Well done on remaining sane on the Shannon. As opposed to say, Staffordshire. I'm glad the children finally begged for salad. And yes I believe that my life's happiness is at stake with the sofa. Nobody wants that responsibility on them.

Labs and retrievers will eat anything JC. Then vomit. Then eat something else weird. Mine likes rocks. And giving unsolicited advice.

I know exactly what you mean, Satz. I always leave work with a burst of enthusiasm (these days) making plans to be productive all evening, but they beat you down, don't they?
                            My current project is to not go home and run through all of the conversations again giving the answer in my head that I would have liked to give to my colleagues. Like 'get it yourself, shit head' or 'Do you think I give a rat's arse about your boring research?'
                            That's why I started watching Forensic Files. So that I can get away with it when they finally get what's coming.

They're all sitting in there right now at another 'mandated fun' event, a pot luck lunch. None of them can stand each other so why is beyond me. I have important calls to make so can't go.:happy2:
                            Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; August 11, 2019, 10:16 PM.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning from up and overland.

Just having a quiet half hour before shouting begins. Bookies are now placing odds on how far we'll get when we realise we've forgotten something.
                              Four days of not cooking and eggs benedict every morning.:thumbsup:

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........I'd forgotten about the rocks. Bess has quite a collection and will chuck out all her toys to get at a vintage rock circa 2007 for enjoyable mastication.
                              And they do eat anything. Our previous lab (Sir Dylan the Magnificent) came home one day after disappearing into a bush with a ready-made sandwich from well-known bakers and it was his and only his and ate with the wrapper on. No idea why it was in a bush at 7am in the morning.

Perhaps we should all release our Paddington Bear stare for peoples getting on our nerves.........Paddington - Hard Stare - YouTube
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; August 12, 2019, 02:52 AM.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

They're all sitting in there right now at another 'mandated fun' event, a pot luck lunch. None of them can stand each other so why is beyond me. I have important calls to make so can't go.:happy2:
                                :harhar: you sound exactly like me when I was still working in a 'proper' job.
                                HATED those fake manufactured fun events - same - all hated each other but still did that pretend jolly crap ... oh God.
                                ggggrrrr I truly believe life is too short .....

Comment

Working...
                                X