Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step At A Time~August 2019

Hello, hello.

I love coming here and reading about everyone's day. Makes me happy. LOL It's the little things in life.

Rusty - Wow. A week is a long time! I thought you usually went for 2-3 days. I remember my sinuses sure acted up when I flew back to Wisconsin. I'm always stuffed up here. I guess I'm used to it. Ha, ha
    Liz - Tessa sounds like such a sweet dog. My Molly always has loved the water. That is so wonderful that BS & BIL had such a good time with your kids. Hope you have a great day today.
    Pauly - we never took our dogs to the dog beach. We should have done it, I'll be Molly would have loved it. Are you babysitting today? I don't think I'll be allowed to babysit until S is 18 years old! :rotlf:
    Bird - any hiking today? I love hearing about your adventures.

I have nothing interesting to report. I'll try to jazz up my day for you.
    After a luxurious sleep (with cpap mask slipping and making noise and waking me up for hours), I awoke to a homemade gourmet breakfast of veggie bacon, diced potatoes cooked with chopped bell pepper, onion and cubed toast (family recipe that they did to stretch the potatoes) and scrambled eggs with onion and bell pepper topped by a bit of melted cheese.
    I then lazed around reading my book and playing candy crush soda. (Really watching mom fall asleep and wake up to eat her breakfast).
    Then back to taking the slides out of the carousels and blowing off and packing to send. Hard to make out everything clearly but found some from Disneyland probably 1960. These are all from when I was a baby.
    Mom has been very restless. I managed to get her sitting looking out the front door so she could see all the excitement out front (which was one car passing by the whole time) then I was able to cut her hair. Even though I don't know what I'm doing, it looks better than it did.
    And there you have my very exciting day. My eyes are closing and I feel like napping after this exhilarating day. Maybe I will...................
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]. Be sure to carry a box of kleenex with you. :rotlf:
      Seriously though - I hope that it's not too bad this time and that Claratin helps. That is an awful feeling when your nose is running like that.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

LOL [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]
        That is an awful feeling when your nose is running like that.
        It looks even worse!! Hahaha!! So when you're bored or frustrated at work tomorrow, just remember me and my journey on the River Snot!:egad:

Comment

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-Shark Week??? I have never seen it. What is it about?

Comment

Wishing everyone a happy AF Monday!!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!!
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Did everyone have a great day? Things are going ok here. I wasn't able to get into the dentist yet but hopefully tomorrow. They were short handed today.

Great news from here is that Savannah is all done wearing her helmet. :yay:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Tuesday.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Tuesday,I recently got a friend request from one of Brady's friends on FB who lives down the street so I know him pretty well,I seen a post he made Sunday about getting back into skateboarding to make him happy and he'll never find happiness at the bottom of a bottle,then today I'm scrolling and he's posing with some bottle of whiskey I wanted to say something, especially since he obviously wanted to quit but I know people preaching to me only made me wanna drink more and he probably will already feel bad about himself when he sobers up today,this addiction stuff is a piece of shit
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all...have been out all day with dd1, library lunch shopping for school clothes. She just doesn't have many clothes that fit anymore. Went to lunch at a very southern diner. Dd2 has gone to Nashville for a concert, so of course I am worried about the interstate. Have had a headache for 2 days, I rarely get headaches so idk what is going on. Stopping all my supps for now. Back to the dentist tomorrow, blah...Liz, hope you had a good lunch with bs and bil and your mom. Idk what shark week is.........Rusty, my nose always gets so dry when I go to Colo. I think it runs to moisturize it or something. It is north of Atlanta I am looking at...have fun in slc.....Nora, hope you get an appt for your tooth...gerat news about the helmet!!!...that brakfast sounds amazing!.....Paulie, I always want to say stuff about my kids friends drinking but I know they would hate it. They get enough hangovers they will be trying to quit. Sounds like he has already had enough huh..nothing else happening

Comment

Wow, Pauly, totally get where your coming from. I think ur wise to keep your mouth shut. He does sound like he's struggling.
                        bird, I know you're tired but it sounds like a great day! Did just a little shopping with Erin after lunch. I swear that's my happy place! I'm wanting to buy stuff for Marks new place, but that's definitely putting the cart before the horse.
                        Well hope you guys all had a great Tuesday!

Comment

Pauly - that is sad about Brady's friend. I agree that he obviously wants to quit or he wouldn't have said that. It's hard to know what to say. A couple of relatives (late 20's/early 30's) have posted on Facebook. It was always a fine line of what to say so that I didn't sound preachy or pushy.

Bird - sorry you have a headache. Maybe it's because of the dental work or maybe allergies? Hope you feel better. Was Rosie able to find some clothes? It's such a drag to go shopping and not find anything. Sounds like a fun day.

Rusty - how are your allergies? I hope you're hanging in there.

Liz - what exciting things are you doing? How's the morning sickness going? Or all day sickness I mean. Is E feeling any better?
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. I am hoping to get my crown glued in. :yay:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello, hello. I got my crown cemented in. Glad that is taken care of. Mom was having a rough evening yesterday. So confused. Couldn't get her to settle and couldn't keep her attention to do anything. She finally fell asleep and slept thru the night. So far so good today though.

My brother just got in town about midnight. He stays with a friend about half an hour away when he's here. I'm hoping he stays for a few weeks so he can sit with mom sometimes so that we can get out. We shall see. He's been up in Oregon for months now getting everything taken care of so we can rent the house. Finally finished. We hired a management company to handle all of the rental stuff.

I am letting my hair go white. It was always such a hassle trying to make an appointment and then the time to go in and have it done. I just decided to give it a try again. Yesterday my boss was talking to an inspector and he said that Nora told him something. She asked which Nora (there's 2 of us) and he said, umm and couldn't remember our last names so he said the older one. :rotlf: A few minutes ago I was at the pharmacy and the older woman next to me asked it that white was my natural color and she thought about letting her salt & pepper grow out to just salt. LMAO

Well dinnertime so I'll be back later.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, good for you letting your hair grow out. It does get to be a pain in the neck to do constantly! I'm not there yet though. Seems like ur mom has more confused and restless days. I do not know how you do it. Hopefully ur brother will pitch in. Thanks for asking about E(I like it). She is definitely feeling better. She can feel the little peanut moving a bit now. She has a little tiny belly, definitely starting to pop.

Just a really crazy day here with both Logan and Tessa! He's chasing her, she's running away and we're trying to make sure nobody gets hurt. Logan was just over tired and wouldn't take a nap and then he gets wild! OMG! How will we manage this? Tessa had a few indoor accidents today too. Mark's friend came over tonight to meet Tessa and she was terrified! He is a big guy, but jeez. She was barking and cowering under the kitchen table. I'm shot and I wasn't even here for that. Tomorrow we take her to the vet. That should be fun. We have some issues we need to address with her. I think she has trust issues and can only imagine how traumatic things must've been for her. I'm worried about her on Sunday when everyone comes over. We may just keep her in the crate or outside. Oy talk about stress!
                                I went to dinner with some friends tonight. Just what I needed. We had a lovely time. Just talked and laughed and vented. My CJ and their girls went to preschool together and we been friend since, kinda sad the girls really aren't friendly anymore.
                                Well I hope everyone else had a good day. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], hope your headache is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X