Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

Hiya [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Hip is doing brilliantly and found myself running to a meeting in high heels today and that was after getting my tights on Hip replacement? What hip replacement
    That is great news Starts
    I'm sure you'll also get the eyes fixed too .... :heart:

Comment

Great hip news [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]! the pair of you are going through the wars, but all fixable :hug:
      On episode of season 2 (mindhunter), its brilliant.

Poor you Rustop, Im doing yoga at the moment and Im really liking it. Ive never tried Pilates, Id love to. Ive a throbbing blister under my big toenail for the last few days, no idea how to get at it

Fair play to you Bridge, getting out of that relationship. The husband in the book Im reading is a horrible creature and the wife just killed him (5 minutes ago).

Delighted you got a ladder man [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!!
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

About the most productive thing I did all day was to buy a new body pillow. Then couldn't throw old faithful out. SO tonight I shall sleep with them both. Is that what a three way is? I'll ask Mr G. He'll know.
        Providing all parties are consenting Jonesy, yes. Never heard of a body pillow either, but I've been called a 'winter boyfriend' before. I assume this is the body pillow concept?

Suggested set up - Old faithful for that familiar sense of comfort. You in the middle. New pillow for that sense of mystery and wonder that'll be sure to wear off sooner rather than later......(i'm told). Fall blissfully asleep to the soundtrack of Mindhunter or Murder stories from Crack dens of South London.

Great news on the hip Starty! Hope Mr S will be ok. Good that testing is occurring.

Tai chi is super JC! As is laughing. Whenever i see the Dalai Lama, the bloke always seems to be in hysterics! He sure knows something.....

Waves and hello to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          Yep - sure most of the Parthenon in Athens is feckin in a British Museum .... say no more.
          I remember being horrified seeing the 'Elgin' marbles there...Elgin my eye!!
          Delighted the hip is so good Starty. Told you so dunno anything bout eyes...wear my specs most of the time just forget about them really ( until I forget to bring them to work!)
          Nearly there Gster??!!!!!
          Good morning all...ever been to the Turkish restaurant jacks? Tbh I'm just full of fish olives feta and most amazing fruits...too much grub!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
            I should record Mr. JC doing Tai Chi and stick it on You-Tube.............he'd be an overnight sensation. Being 6' 4", no co-ordination and an arm span bigger than a jumbo jet its hilarious.
            [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........ashamed to say never been to a Turkish restaurant and we have many. Actually having lunch with a pal tomorrow might just put that right.
            Our go to is Menus High Bridge >> Dabbawal
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Good morning all...ever been to the Turkish restaurant jacks?
              Your question made me laugh as I remembered this ..... so funny that film.
              AIRPLANE THE MOVIE

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

Suggested set up - Old faithful for that familiar sense of comfort. You in the middle. New pillow for that sense of mystery and wonder that'll be sure to wear off sooner rather than later......(i'm told). Fall blissfully asleep to the soundtrack of Mindhunter or Murder stories from Crack dens of South London.
                I fear Ms Jones has been smothered by one or both of the 'body pillows' :egad:

Comment

Joking aside : we have to get one of these gurls !!!!

Comment

Errrrrr...hmmmm....not toooo sure:congratulatory:

Comment

Seriously tho folks...this is an all-inclusive place...haven't seen ANYONE drink more than one beer or wine..and most common like ourselves..water or juices...think I was on another planet EVER thinking I was normal!!!

Comment

Those pillows are used often here by pregnant women - better than trying to adjust 3 or 4 of them to support the various body parts, I guess.

Comment

Evenings and waves.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                          Your question made me laugh as I remembered this ..... so funny that film.
                          AIRPLANE THE MOVIE
                          I adore that movie. We've just sat and watched those clips and snorted laughing.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                          Seriously tho folks...this is an all-inclusive place...haven't seen ANYONE drink more than one beer or wine..and most common like ourselves..water or juices...think I was on another planet EVER thinking I was normal!!!
                          So you haven't bumped into my brother then He likes a drink, no where near an alki but on hollingday he likes to get his money's worth.

Just coming to the end of this.

Review: High Sobriety by Alice King | Books | The Guardian

Although I've read it at least twice before its still very uncomfortable reading. I probably met her when I was in the wine merchants. I was the part-time book-keeper not the taster or buyer and nowhere near as posh as her.

When she says a thing like 'I must have a leaky glass' when she's downed her first drink before other people have even picked up their glass made me cringe. So many of her habits I could relate to despite her wealth.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And the weekend we canceled in Paris has become a weekend in.........:heartbeat: Carlisle.
                            Carlisle | Your Guide to Carlisle | Book Your Accommodation – GoLakes
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Why aren't you going to paris? Think that was planned before I disappeared..? I'm sure Carlisle will be smashing tho

I read that book a good while back...oh god yes..she sure knew what she was talking about---- Made me cringe many times!!!
                              Last edited by mollyka; September 12, 2019, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Good night everyone. Internet has been playing up so just a quick check in. Delighted you are doing so well Starty, fingers crossed all goes well for Mr S.

Comment

Working...
                                X