X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Errrrrr...hmmmm....not toooo sure:congratulatory:
    Im with Molly, its a bit phallic looking. Hmmm, maybe I should just try it...

Spent the last hour on the blister. I have learnt a lot about blisters under nails and am happy to answer all your questions. :haha:

Thats interesting about the all inclusive place Molly. I thought that was a hugely attractive part of the holiday for people.

Friends husband is struggling. She says he has a drink problem, he says hes self medicating (anxiety). Chicken and egg, but he still drinks every day when hes doing well. He wont listen to anyone. Very hard going for her, but I have no answers, he has to want to get sober....
    Last edited by IamMary; September 12, 2019, 05:19 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Mary. Did u drill a hole into the nail to release the fluid/pressure?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning All,
        Got a sudden bout of exhaustion last night and had to off myself to bed.

First day of hols!!!!!!:love:

A nice sleep in followed by buckets of coffee.
        I'm getting rid of my dick neighbour who has moved to Melbourne and left behind..........a team of professional house stylists who are in there doing their thing while I watch them. Better than the Crime and Investigation Channel! It's like someone arranged this for the first day of my hols!!! Jones heaven.

This is a body pillow, also known as my paramour:

th.jpg

and yes girls, you're going to need one. Froglet got me onto them years ago. The bomb.
        Reading back.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning folks....last day of hollier..well sort of - we fly home tomorrow night..and I just felt a drop of rain!!! Don't care .. going to swim in rain!
          Howdy all ..take care out there folks ..Fri.13th!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning everyone. Enjoy your last day Molly, rain or no rain. At least it is warm. Are you running the Dublin marathon Mary? Blisters are a pain. Back to crochet class today, looking forward to it. Walk first though.

Comment

Morning and evening to our Bridgeeeee,

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........ahh the Paris trip. Many things not only the money we would have spent. It was a fair deal about £750 including travel (on a bus), B&B and free entry to the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe but when we added in three nights dinner/lunch in Paris, plus the sightseeing , betting at the races we'd nudging a gigantic hole in our pockets. And truth be told as Bess is 15 and while she's well and bouncy at the moment .....that could change in hours....every day with her is a bonus. It could change overnight and tbh we couldn't burden the person who was dog-sitting to make the final decisiion for her and us. So the decision was made it would be cheaper to cancel & loose the deposit. Money saved will pay for the loft ladders and the plasterer and pay for the hotel in Carlisle where she'll charm the hotel personage.
              Oh and a new pair of jeans.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......took me eons to work out that the 'anxiety' I was having after a heavy night is withdrawal and of course if one swift vodka calmed it down a bit then 3 would make it dissappear competely........and we're back into the circle of insanity.

Reading High Sobriety...........she mentions a wine writer called Mark Savage. He was a Master of Wines and did meet him a few times. Fast forward 20 years and the S&H when he worked in the same trade he mentioned a Helen Savage also a Master of Wines.........I thought it could be his daughter.........turned out they're one and the same person he'd had gender re-assignment about 10 years ago.

Today I'm going to a lady what lunches. I'm going to wear something half decent and slap a bit of lippy on.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh enjoy the lunch Jackie...and rusters I've said it before but all my life I've wanted to be able to crochet..I can knit well...Aran fair isle etc...but crochet..can't get past a string!
                I get you about Paris Jackie.. those main cities rome Paris London new York really do cost a fortune and whereas the cities are amazing the accommodation and food often less so..understand re. Bess as well

Debating whether to do my last bit shopping now or do nothing..nothing is coming out tops - fabulous thunder and lightning this morn...never saw anything like it

Comment

Oops double posted...where's delete button..shit don't think I'm a contributor anymore...will do somethin when I get home....still CRAZY thunder lightening!! Just discovered a Turkish bath:congratulatory:
                  Last edited by mollyka; September 13, 2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Body pillows are great if you have a hubs who moves around alot,I keep one between us cuz he stretches,kicks,breathes all night long!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      cuz he ...breathes all night long!
                      Glad to hear that, Pauly :haha:!

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...............Mr JC doesn't snore.....he says he just breathes loudly. He always brings up that I snored when I was pregnant............errr each time that was just last couple of months (when I laid on my back like a beached whale) in the last 34 years and I was carrying his children. i:
                        Luckily we found these just a few months ago. Works like a dream.
                        Boots Re:Balance Snoring Throat Strips (21 Strips) - Boots

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]....hotels in Paris. The first one.........the porter proudly opened the bathroom door and said we could see the Eiffel Tower from the window in there........he was right........if you stood tiptoe on the toilet with one leg on side of the bath and there was peep of the top.

Had a fabulous lunch here.....403 Forbidden.
                        Taking Mr JC for his breakfast tomorrow. A little gem of a place.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                          I am Rustop, both dreading it and have butterflies of excitement at the same time!

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          Mary. Did u drill a hole into the nail to release the fluid/pressure?
                          I couldnt do it, so I just kept poking around the nail with a needle, top and bottom to release enough to be comfortable again. So much goo came out! Have you had one?
                          I wasnt using that last hole on my runners (heel lock lacing). That'll teach me.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          took me eons to work out that the 'anxiety' I was having after a heavy night is withdrawal and of course if one swift vodka calmed it down a bit then 3 would make it dissappear competely........and we're back into the circle of insanity.

Reading High Sobriety...........she mentions a wine writer called Mark Savage. He was a Master of Wines and did meet him a few times. Fast forward 20 years and the S&H when he worked in the same trade he mentioned a Helen Savage also a Master of Wines.........I thought it could be his daughter.........turned out they're one and the same person he'd had gender re-assignment about 10 years ago.
                          I googled her, because I am nosy. Just looks like a normal wine master woman
                          Your right about the anxiety. When you stopped drinking, how prevalent was your anxiety?

Bridge, I hope you brought your chair at least into their garden. What a great start to the weekend. How long are you off for?
                          Is the wedding this weekend?

Welcome home Molls, it was a cracking day here today!
                          Last edited by IamMary; September 13, 2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Body pillows are great if you have a hubs who moves around alot,I keep one between us cuz he stretches,kicks,breathes all night long!
                            Just dont use the pillow in any other way to stop the breathing! :haha:
                            Last edited by IamMary; September 13, 2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              Just dont use the pillow in any other way to stop the breathing! :haha:
                              Haha I just meant that hubs still drinks beers in the evening and the body pillow keeps him from turning my way and blowing his dragon breath on me!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Haha I just meant that hubs still drinks beers in the evening and the body pillow keeps him from turning my way and blowing his dragon breath on me!
                                HAHA! makes sense:happy2: dunno if I could stand the booze smell or the snoring...body pillow? I'd need a pile of them!
                                Morning all ..good to see you pauly..I miss ye on the Steppers

Not home yet Mary . Leaving tonight so we've a day left!

Comment

Working...
                                X