Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

Just a quick hi and bye.
    Breakfast is rapidly turning into brunch and if we don't get there toot sweet it'll be lunch.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening All,
      I've got a week off Mary and I'm delighted. What book are you reading then? The one with the nasty man in it?

Starty, the middle ages are all about parts starting to fall off. I'm just glad we all gave up the booze to give ourselves the best chance possible.

JC I love brunch. SO much nicer than stuffing your stomach when you first get up. Enjoy!

Rustop, I thought pilates would be a bit more gentle than that. When my back started falling apart (see above re parts falling off) I was told to lose weight and strengthen the core muscles. Pilates was recommended.

Mr G, I will practice equal opportunity body pillow action. First love triangle I've been involved with for some years. So much less confronting than R.R.R rrrrrrr.

Pauly, I don't know how you put up with the booze breath. One of my fav things about being sober again is jumping in to bed all fresh and clean with nice smells around me. I think I'd send the buggar into the spare room to be honest.

Today I constructed a new green house and put a misting system into it then sowed a stack of seeds, stocked up with some nice fresh ingredients to have a cook tomorrow and get the freezer full of healthy stuff. Not everyone's cup of tea for a holiday but I was in heaven. The wedding went off without a hitch apparently but I am so glad I spent the day my way instead. Maison Jones is starting to look the business again after months of neglect while I served my booze demon and master.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

I couldnt do it, so I just kept poking around the nail with a needle, top and bottom to release enough to be comfortable again. So much goo came out! Have you had one?
        I wasnt using that last hole on my runners (heel lock lacing). That'll teach me.
        Yep, i'va had a couple. Fingers and toes. Super damn painful! Until........you can git in there and release the pressure/fluid build up. What.a.relief!

Jonesy. R. re......rel.......relishan......re....rrr...r. ah fook it. It's all too hard. I'm going down to friggin Kmart for a body pillow.

Have a rippa weekend all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening everyone. Fab day here, spent most of it in the garden. Your time off sound perfect to me Bridget. Think this Pilates teacher is starting us beginners off a bit too advanced. She did a lot more stretching last class after hearing about our injuries. Safe travels Molly, you too Satz. Hope you enjoyed your brunch JC.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]....safe and comfy travel home.
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............it seems like just yesterday that we were talking about that wedding. Time flies :egad: Please be taking some time to pat yourself on the back for making the right decision.
            And what a way to spend a week off. Extreme self-care. Marvelous.
            My sweetpeas are just flowering and so are the sunflowers. This oddity they've called summer in up over land has turned the garden rather odd. Gardeners World must be set on another planet because we're flowering at least 6 weeks later than them. I'm planting some spring bulbs soon. Watch this space for next August when the snow-drops come up.
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]...........it was lovely. Stack of pancakes with bacon & maple syrup. Mr JC did his Full English test and it passed with flying colours as well as the poached egg test. Fabulous.

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]....always a pleasure to see you.

Then we went to the have a look at the teeny house I first lived in when I was a toddler. Ma & Pa had lived with his parents until the got a place. Housing was short after WW2 so they got a pre-fab. They were supposed to be short term but they're still blooming there, most of them privately owned and what a walk down memory lane. My brother was born in that house 1961.
            Then we had a good look round the graveyard just up the road. I used to go Brownies and Guides in the church hall. I remember me and my little pals playing hide and seek up there. There used to a tomb stone with a skull & crossbone on it ( couldn't find it today) used to frighten us silly.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........Mers, I'll get back to you on the anxiety thing. I'm just trying to put the words together.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning from the windy NE of Engerland.
              Off to a surprise 30th birthday party shortly for one of Mr JC's god-daughters. He has many god-children and for an atheist, he's not bad at it. Another of those moments when you think it was only last week she was a baby. :egad:

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........back to the anxiety.
              I'm not sure what started first............I've always been an anxious child, always wanting to do the right thing, a people pleaser to the nth degree ...........still am to .......but I'm slowly learning that it gets you nowhere.
              Like I said when I was drinking the anxiety was through the roof. So to quell it a swift double vodka or a large glass of wine would help. Using the alkies logic if one drink helps then two is even better and by the fourth you don't give a flying feck.
              I'm not sure when it crossed over from anxiety to withdrawal.........the sweating/shaky hands/ the heart beating out of the chest but it did. It became a necessity. I'd wake at 3am and lie there covered in sweat and more often and not get up and tiptoe down the stairs and take a couple of large gulps out of what was left open.
              After my final de-tox I saw a fabulous counsellor...........I was sober, willing to listen and be honest.
              The withdrawals were a thing of the past and the hideous withdrawal anxiety/shakes/sweats had gone.
              These days but with deep breathing, relaxation methods I get over them. they're still not nice but they're gone within an hour.The counsellor also told me that we do need some anxiety in our lives and this is the gist of it.............
              The Upside to Anxiety: 3 Reasons Why Anxiety is Actually Good for You | Talkspace

Must slap some make-up on. I'm quite enjoying this new found going out stuff........well this week anyway
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Grey and misty here today too. Did the cliff walk with the doggies bright and early and was lucky enough to get back in time before rain started.

Thanks for that link JC. Have not suffered with anxiety but can identify with the people pleasing to the nth degree, not any more though.

Comment

Good morning -- back home - and dare I say it??? nice to be home....
                  anxiety... I dunno have I anxiety or just basic shyness or anti-social? all feel the same to me and I used to think I had massive anxiety attacks - not sure now - definitely in the drinking days it was incurred by the drinking..and the aftermath.. but now? I dunno - just amn't very good with people really.

Looking forward to a nice roast dinner.. loved the grub over there. but gagging for an ordinary Sunday dinner!

Good on you getting out and about Jackie - that's what I'm talking about really - no good at going out
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Welcome home, Molls.
                    I'm actually forcing ...........perhaps forcing is too strong a word..........making an effort..........that's a bit better to get in touch with people I haven't seen for yonks and its working.
                    The invite to this 30th party came out of the blue and tbh we could easily have given it a miss and just sent a card. But until about 12 years ago I was such good friends with her mum and she'd always look after Bess when we were away. I just thought gerrup, put yer slap on, put yer teeth in and re-connect. Its costing nothing but a couple of hours.
                    I'll let you know how it goes.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                      Got out earlier too Rustop, before the rain hit. It wasnt too heavy mind you, just dark and constant! Welcome home again Molly.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      Evening All,
                      I've got a week off Mary and I'm delighted. What book are you reading then? The one with the nasty man in it?
                      The family upstairs by Lisa Jewell. Nothing too highbrow or taxing, just a good read. Forget I told you about the nasty man :black_eyed: (thats only a side story anyway).

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      The counsellor also told me that we do need some anxiety in our lives and this is the gist of it.............
                      The Upside to Anxiety: 3 Reasons Why Anxiety is Actually Good for You | Talkspace
                      Good link JC. I think being anxious to some degree is normal, but it seems to be more prevalent than ever these days, or maybe people talk about it more, which is great. Like you, one of my kids gets a bit anxious, but you wouldnt know by her. I just need to watch it.

Hope the party went well!
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

JC that sounds like the most lovely, lovely day. It's strange going back to your old haunts. Everything looks so much smaller than in your memory.

Mary I've got a true crime to read but haven't been out of the garden for long enough to put my hands on it yet.

Ahhh social anxiety.....I bet there aren't many people here who can't relate to that. All my friends growing up were extroverted party animals. I tagged along and tagged along not having anything else to do and hating every minute of it. People pleaser? Without a doubt. It's only in recent years that I've owned being a homebody. Completely unapologetic now! Maybe social anxiety is forcing yourself to do things that you just don't want to do because it's good for everyone else?

Welcome home Molly...to your own bed, shower, kitchen, garden. God I love that feeling.

JC I have only one complaint with GW. Monty keeps nicking off. I like Adam too my I miss Monty and Nigel and Nell. Although I do like Adam's black lab puppy who is adorable. I just hope that all these absences mean that there will be some specials coming up. Mean time. the potager garden is all weeded out yesterday and ready for re-planting for Spring today. After the dentist. Which made me think of you.:congratulatory:

Rustop I think I might start with beginners yoga and stretching and move into the pilates after a bit. Sick of the nurse's back.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning! Back to work...somewhat less enthusiastic this morning!!
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Welcome home Molls - I'm here waiting to know if I'm supposed to be working today at 12.30 - FFS
                            My boss is such a shaggin' featherhead - thinks she's told you something - but meanwhile you are left wondering ......
                            She can feck off now - I'm off to pack for me holliers to Crete on Wednesday ...... :llama:
                            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
                            All my friends growing up were extroverted party animals. I tagged along and tagged along not having anything else to do and hating every minute of it. People pleaser? Without a doubt. It's only in recent years that I've owned being a homebody. Completely unapologetic now! Maybe social anxiety is forcing yourself to do things that you just don't want to do because it's good for everyone else?
                            This describes perfectly my teens, 20's and on till I copped the feck on in my 50's and realised I had a problem that needed fixing.
                            The long 'journey' then to find a way out of it - but thankfully I found the Army - saw how content they were being sober. I so WANTED that simple life and the rest is history ......

Comment

Morning,
                              Late for parade today.
                              It was lovely yesterday. Didn't stay long not because it was held in a working man's club but there was a mountain of small children and a bouncy castle inside.......what hearing I've got has gone. I'd forgotten how squealy under tens were. The young lady who was on the road to ruin through dabbling in drink and drugs at 19 is now a healthy 30 year old that still looks 19 and married with four children (eldest 8.......youngest 9 months).

I was always the organiser. Always planning the Chrimbo night out, the next BBQ, the next 'girls' night out, the curry night. It got tiring and once I gave up drinking no bugger else would do it. I'd always be half tanked before I got there so a lot of them thought I was a light-weight
                              And once I stopped drinking I wasn't going to do it and neither was anyone else. Those 'friends' are long gone and tbh it hurt at first but bollix to them.

I knew I could be open with these old friends because we'd been through a mountain of sh*t together over the years and lost touch While we're older in age, different experiences we were essentially drawn together way back then so why not now. The essence is still there. (I hope that makes sense). I'm not planning a great big gang there's only three or four of us and we're not living in each others pockets like we used to.

The biggest discussion in our lives these days is when do we get our pension and our bus pass.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............I was going to say enjoy.........but you might hit me. I hope you survive your first day (is that any better).

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........where does Monty bugger off to. I'll get Bess to get onto twitter to ask Nigel.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........that's her job FFS. Bet you could do it in 10 minutes on the back of an envelope.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]............would you pop round and convince the woman next door to have her hip done. She's having a panic. You've done so amazingly.

Waves and hugs to all.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X