September Army Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

Night all, just in from Pilates. Glad to have the working week over but there is always something to be done so I won’t be bored. Getting wool for a blanket, lovely autumnal colors. It’s a class project so looking forward to it. Better do a few things in the house and garden before it arrives.

Comment

Night Rustop and Molly.. how can you have a cup of tea and then go to bed? Id be awake for hours!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Funny Mary how we view extroversion as preferred and normal, and aspire to it. Like unless you are adding to the large volume of pointless noise out there you're just not in the game.
      Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
      I saw a funny tweet on this topic a couple days ago: It seems like so many people on MWO are naturally introverted. Maybe we self-select for the written vs vocal support and perhaps for the anonymity.
      Amen to both.. When I decided I wanted to really quite booze, the idea of AA scared the shit out of me. Speaking in public, on my own! not a chance Id be honest. Or I'd go in disguise. I even thought of going to one miles away, but Dublin is too small..

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      I remember years ago someone telling me that if you have to control something it was out of control
      I like that JC..

A man drove right into my parents local supermarket today. My parents could have been there or my kids if they were on their lunch break. Apparently he was a bit 'worse for wear'.
      Who knows where any of our paths could have lead us, if we didnt jump off the wagon when we did, but incidents like these make me appreciate, despite any bumps or or snubbing friends, that its absolutely the right decision and theres nothing worth going back for.
      Last edited by IamMary; September 17, 2019, 04:58 PM.
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oooh later than, Mers
        Had to watch the documentary about the Tower of London. Fascinating and any way Bess's senile bladder keeps me up 'til yon time and no cups of tea me either for more or less the same reason.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......I gave up Downton after Matthew died. However, I have been to Inverary Castle where The Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) is supposed to live. Its gorgeous. The real Duke and Duchess of whatever its called in real life actually live there. They hide behind the curtains in case us trampling tourists see them.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........I've heard of Bunnings and I don't know why. Is it a DIY store?

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].....let us know how the pliates goes. I just did the video and ended up as stiff as a board.

Wonder if its warmer in Satzuma's new land?

Nighty night, lovelies.
        Last edited by JackieClaire; September 17, 2019, 05:42 PM.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army!!!

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........I've heard of Bunnings and I don't know why. Is it a DIY store?

They used to mention Bunnings on the Undies thread. DIY from what I understand. A place I could spend hours, if not days in....

Wonder if its warmer in Satzuma's new land?

It was 16C when I got into my little car to leave for work at 7a.m.. My phone says it's now 23 with an expected high of 30 - blue, blue sky and no breeze as of now. I expect it's about the same where Satzy is :happy2:

Last edited by stirly-girly; September 18, 2019, 12:33 AM.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            it was obvious to anyone with a brain between 2 ears that I was in a dark awful place and I said to Ann (the female of the pair obviously!!) 'I'm in trouble.. I really need help and a friend' -- and she looked me in the eye and said 'of course - I'm here for you' --- not once in all that time has she so much as lifted the phone... and she had been a very 'close' friend..

that really really hurt -- still does really
            Molls - I can understand your hurt. It takes a lot sometimes to confess that we need help - both to ourselves and even more so to others. I have only ever said on here that I need help and that was only because I was in the company of people who completely understood what I was talking about. The thing with your "friend" Ann is (and I'm not standing up for her) is that although her first reaction to your "confession" was to say she was there for you, in reality, she might not have had a clue what to do. And, as others have stated, may have had an issue with AL herself which means that she would have to face her own problem in order to support you in dealing with yours. And as you know, in situations like that where you feel you have been let down and someone may feel that they have let you down - as time goes by, things don't usually heal, but rather the rift gets larger. Some people just don't know how to support others in times of trouble - ex Mr. Stirly being one of them. Too self-centred to put themselves in another person's place and too wound up in their own little world to even try. Simple as that. Sorry that your friend hurt you but in the end, the only support you really needed was that of Joe, your kids, and your own inner strength.

Comment

ach that hurt is nothing now Stirly -- but it DID hurt - and no - I don't think Ann was overwhelmed or any of those things- I think she'd lost her 'fun' friend - and so be it.. she in fact tried to turn it back on me one time- we were at the Paddy's Day parade and bumped into them and she started the whole 'poor me - you've not been bothering with me - not even a phone call?' sort of shit - nah -- these are deffo the people we are better off without!!!

Beautiful autumn day here -- sun shining - bit of warmth coming in the open doors sort of day -- love it -- loved the heat in Turkey but nah --- this is my climate!!! Don't envy you Stirly but sure you're probably well used to it by now

off to work - busy busy there at the moment - loads of utterly POINTLESS changes being made - I have to strive to mind my own business when I see what they are doing to our lovely library!!

laters gaters -- oh - is Benjy gone?? hope you're having a ball if you log in xx
              Last edited by mollyka; September 18, 2019, 03:01 AM.
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
                Another day I'm running outta of the house..........nails today dahlings. The busy life of a house wife
                I'm putting in a reminder request here for my rant against libraries..........not world-wide just in my home town.
                Oh and unnecessary road works that are why I'm running out of the house its twice as long on the bus now and don't even bother with a car.
                Not be long.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                  I saw a funny tweet on this topic a couple days ago: It seems like so many people on MWO are naturally introverted. Maybe we self-select for the written vs vocal support and perhaps for the anonymity.
                  Agree NS. Much less confronting to come here. Like Mary, where I live is way too small to go to meetings. Seriously, everyone knows everyone and their dog.
                  The one inhouse rehab place in town is right in the middle of the city. I was parked near there two days ago and watched as someone hid a bottle in the garden out the front before presumably ''checking in''. I'm sure the facility is onto it and check the usual spots several times a day, but someone is always watching around here!!

Morning,
                  First question if the day............just how long does it take a printer to co-operate. :mad
                  Date Duration Calculator: Days Between Dates
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

First question if the day............just how long does it take a printer to co-operate. :mad
                    :sorrow:
                    Bridge - that made me laugh right out loud!!! I well remember in the past when the Undies thread was up and running, how many laughs I got from the posts there. Such brilliant humour. Short and to the point. I miss the Undies thread.... :sorrow:

Comment

Yes Bunnings is a DIY store with plants as well and the occasional homewares.

Mary, that is just terrifying. But for the grace of God.

I stopped for an accident yesterday. A car flew off the road and into the bush just about landing in a horse paddock. One terrified middle-aged woman with very little English and a possible neck injury who would not keep her head still and an ambulance who could not get through to us for traffic. I had to crawl through the undergrowth to get to her. She was not a small woman for the ambos to lug out either but she will be fine. I turned up to the supermarket covered in mud with twigs in my hair

Took Mum to see Downton today. She loved it. It's so pleasant having holidays and having enough time.

Too true Stirly. There are some who will not allow their little world to be interrupted for anyone or anything.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm not gone yet....
                        Waiting for dopey drawers here to get himself sorted. :rant:

I'll try log on later :llama:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                          :sorrow:

Bridge - that made me laugh right out loud!!! I well remember in the past when the Undies thread was up and running, how many laughs I got from the posts there. Such brilliant humour. Short and to the point. I miss the Undies thread.... :sorrow:
                          Yes I miss it too Stirls. I just hope everyone is OK.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I turned up to the supermarket covered in mud with twigs in my hair
                            :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Afternoon all. Absolutely beautiful here today so taking advantage of it and spending time outside. Glad none of your family were there Mary, scary stuff. Great you were able to help Bridget and that you are enjoying your time off. Downton is on my list too.

Bon voyage Satz and you keep enjoying that beautiful weather Stirly. Waves to Molly, JC and everyone else. Anyone seen Tony around the boards?

Comment

That's gas Rusters - was only thinking about Tony this afternoon - give us a wave Tony???!

Evening all... got a stonking cold - everyone I work with is barking and snotting - now so am I... badhumour.com!

AND we had to get a new router - now my sky minibox in my bedroom won't connect.. want to go to bed NOW... bugger and blast!
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X