September Army Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army Thread

Good morning everyone. Scary JC, they grow up too fast, my baby is 25! Just had nice walk in the woods with two friends I have not seen in weeks as they were both away. Planning a trip to the cinema Downton Abbey film coming out on the 13th. Something to look forward to.

Half thinking of going to see my bigger baby next month, it’s her birthday. Must google flights.

Comment

Evening all..my baby is 25 too Rusters . And I truly do think of him as my baby! Sad I am!
      No news here ..just checking in
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello all, had a tough week first back at work and felt zorsted. Had sign off from surgeon who although pleased with progress worried me about my potential limitations. EG keep feet square to hips, dont twist any infections antibiotics and so on. Felt a bit deflated. Then Mr S had hosp appt and they found 2 polyps on colonoscopy. Cut one out and said the other too high up so has to go back for sedation. Oh and diagnosed with mild diverticulitis. NO symptoms so all very scary. Zorsted but realising this is just life and get on with it.

Hope all are well

Comment

Jeez - crappy week alright Starts...I walk pigeon toed and he did tell me to try turning my toes out a bit but he didn't seem too worried so I didn't really do anything..

Poor Mr S...but he's being watched now so nothing going to develop unknown now one hopes!! Head up..going back to work is traumatic..I felt I'd started a new job!! Good to see you xx

Comment

Thanks Molls. I think I am just over tired and feeling a bit low. Usually can cope with shite like this Is your walking perfect now? I can walk for miles with no pain it really is lovely

Comment

It's perfect so great you can wear yer doggies out now!! Sounds like you ARE worn out...try to rest a bit over weekend xx

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION],bless your heart. :hug: You've been through the mill this year. Understand completely feeling cast adrift. Mr JC felt the same......believe me it becomes second nature. Had to look up diverticilitus....not nice at all
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] I wonder do they say that to everyone - having lived a certain length of time has everyone a touch of diverticulitis ?
                  I was told the same - as was my sister - who also had polyps which were fine when removed.
                  So don't worry & REST yerself.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    Hello all, had a tough week first back at work and felt zorsted. Had sign off from surgeon who although pleased with progress worried me about my potential limitations. EG keep feet square to hips, dont twist any infections antibiotics and so on. Felt a bit deflated. Then Mr S had hosp appt and they found 2 polyps on colonoscopy. Cut one out and said the other too high up so has to go back for sedation. Oh and diagnosed with mild diverticulitis. NO symptoms so all very scary. Zorsted but realising this is just life and get on with it.

Hope all are well
                    Good to hear they caught the polyps Starty, they'll keep an eye on that so its another thing not to worry about. My mam had most of her colon removed in her late 50s (it grew back!) as she had so many, so we get tested every few years too. Its a lovely test (:shakingno.
                    Just back this week too. Its very time consuming this work business!

Good for you Rustop, did you book your flights?

Mr M camping, so just me and the kids. Cant imagine them being in their 20s and 30s yet, but it'll happen in a blink.. despite the teenage strops and pushing of boundary's, I love this age.. not quite adult, not quite kid. The youngest isnt a teenager yet, but she was around 40 when she was born
                    Last edited by IamMary; September 6, 2019, 05:42 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning All,
                      The wind is revolting this morning. We get it badly in this part of the world at times. So it's inside painting jobs today. Everything is going white and blue fresh. SO excited.
                      The dog said we're not going out today so that's the end of that. She said she's sick to death of me going to work and it's onerous and I need to do something about it. I told her I did my performance review the other day and very strongly told them I am out of there if they don't give me a higher rate. Actually I think I mentioned that. Only four working days until a week of holibags then I can have a woman-think about my next direction. Part time at a higher rate would probably get me the same money and more time to myself.

Polyps are a thing in this family too Starts. Getting older is a glamorous experience. I don't know what your surgeon is worried about. You are going great guns. Diverticulitis I believe has a lot to do with our modern diet. Hve you read the Michael Mosley book on gut health? It's great.

Yes I thought I ran into Molly in my hallway here this morning so I think she's been going to bed so early that she's jumped the time/space continuum.

Yes, where are you Tony dude?

Mary those kiddies will be in their 20s before you know it.

JC you must be close to finished now?

Where's your big baby Rustop?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Oh part time with more money??!! Sounds good Bridgey.
                        Haha not goin to bed at 8.30 - 2 hour time difference so up till dizzyingly late - nearly midnight last night!!!
                        Must go get breakfast..just watching CNN ( nothing else English speaking) that Trump person is truly terrifying...think we have a world run by fools at the moment...sorry no politics...he's just scary!!
                        Right ..big bowl of fruit for me..sick of food!!

Comment

Morning Molls & all to come.
                          Holiday sounds fab = just the ticket lolling about all day munching fruit :haha:

I've forgotten where you are and too lazy to go back - so pleeeeese tell me.
                          My mind is undoubtably going.

I went in to check out flight times to Chania in Greece and unbelievably I had 'forgotten' to press the 'PAY Up & SHUT UP' button whenever I was booking it. FFS
                          HAd to fork 500 yoyo which went on to the already over loaded credit card. :egad:
                          Last edited by satz123; September 7, 2019, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Mini rant alert :

With all we doled out for YS and a 2-holidays-a-year-lifestyle I've decided I'd ask for more hours. The dopes they hired recently into the full-time position have run out screaming.
                            Because of 'employment rules' my boss is actually interviewing for the job I said I'd do. Basically just more hours doing exactly the same work. And if I want it I have to INTERVIEW - so experience really counts for nothing these days.
                            The fact that I can actually hold a conversation with residents & visitors is unimportant. Nursing Homes are now run as a money making business.
                            It is regimental in how tasks are done with no time to treat the residents as individuals.

Ageism among staff is rife : I know if I was a young wan I'd have the job no bother - and if it goes to someone else - I'm gone.
                            There are a lot of older women who just want a day here & there to supplement their pension - so we are all tarred with the same brush.
                            There is this mentality that "ah she's only part-time - she doesn't need the money - that's all she wants or is able for"

Here endeth the Rant

Comment

God I'm a Moaning Minny today.
                              But I know yiz will listen to me :haha:

Comment

Morning and waves to all.
                                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........or are you changing your user name to Moaning Minny. Its another case of box-ticking and its sodding ridiculous and agism. Of course, you can't complain as all of a sudden your job will get just a tad more difficult with the hours being changed at the drop of a hat.
                                Rock and a hard place and constructive dismissal come to mind.
                                If all the part-timers walked out I'd like to see the businesses around the world cope.
                                Howzat for a rant.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............the end is in sight and so is the money. The last big job is the stairs, landing and loft ladder. We've decided to just splosh paint on the living/dining room ourselves next Spring. Then just a few wee jobs like getting new blinds, curtains and a couple of new seals for the double glazing.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X