October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Come on Molly, whats happening to project B?
    MrM is v handy, built a lot of this house and does a lot with wood. But hes rubbish as electricity and plumbing. We ran out of oil yesterday, got a refill today and he did all the bleeding, air lock stuff, couldnt get it to work (insert many curse words). Called the plumber, he was busy. Then I swan in... and switched on the socket.. boom.. hot water again. I am still feeling VERY smug, 2 hours later :happy2:

What has you so exhausted [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]? could be the antibiotic, are you nearly finished the course?
    [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], I was thinking about your granddaughter last night, poor little pet. But shes not going to know what shes missing. Satz is right, food will be something to fuel her body. Texture might be really important. I wonder will she ever regain some ability to smell/taste?

Finding it hard to get on every night. Im trying to be in bed before 11 this week, which is not easy!!
    Last edited by IamMary; October 24, 2019, 04:40 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post

How do you feel about the marathon now Mary? Think the weather is going to be ok. Good luck. Off to a walking festival for the weekend. Don’t know if I am fully prepared but will downgrade walks if I feel like it.
      Bit nervous now. Where is the walking festival on? Sounds like a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
        Ok, England ARMY. I just watched a show on Netflix about a set of English identical twins, one of whom lost all of his memory at age 18 and how his twin gave him a revised version of the life they had shared until then. It is called "Tell Me Who I Am" and is about the injured twin's quest to find out what really had gone on when he was a boy. Was this a Big Story when it first came out?? The documentary is amazing and an interview I heard on BBC Outlook last weekend fills in some gaps. If you don't mind watching Tough Stuff, this is a really fascinating documentary.
        Thanks NS. Going to root that out now. I have 14 mins of telly time left :egad:

Comment

Morning! Flying...got this poxy 40th tonight..have to look my best for Hyacinth Bucket aka auntie Aggie...then away in the morning 5am... yup the landing is being done Mary and feck knows what else ..mind you it IS looking good! Right biab xx
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
            This hall and landing is like Brexit...........never ends.
            Sneaky weekend away, Molls?
            Top of the fave list at the moment.
            Falling Leaf Printed Cotton Pencil Pleat Curtains | Ponden Home
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning. Love the curtains JC. Enjoy the 40th Molly. Walking festival is in Glendalough Mary and we are staying overnight tomorrow night. Climbing Lugnaquilla tomorrow and then a 20 Km hike Sunday. Will be thinking of you on Monday, good luck. Off now to buy stuff for lunches.

Comment

Super quick fly through. Hayfever is through the roof and I can't even keep my eyes open. Back tomoz!
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Okay, everyone round to my house......just don't touch the paint its still a bit tacky.......its finished and its gorgeous.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Okay, everyone round to my house......just don't touch the paint its still a bit tacky.......its finished and its gorgeous.
                    banana-split-clipart-hooray-474118-2161687.jpg

Hope the 40th isnt too bad Molly and theyre not still shocked that you dont drink!!
                    I declined a work gig tonight. I had a good excuse. They bore the socks off me anyway.

I had to nip to the shop around 10.30ish last Sunday morning and noticed a grandad and a little girl, about 6. He must have sent her in for a treat and he was full of chat with her. Nothing unusual, except he was also drinking a can of beer.
                    Couldnt stop thinking about it all day. Should I have done/said something? Is there anything wrong with drinking a can at 10.30, maybe it was just the one (dont think so).

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                      Morning. Love the curtains JC. Enjoy the 40th Molly. Walking festival is in Glendalough Mary and we are staying overnight tomorrow night. Climbing Lugnaquilla tomorrow and then a 20 Km hike Sunday. Will be thinking of you on Monday, good luck. Off now to buy stuff for lunches.
                      Have a ball Rustop! thats a lovely hike.
                      Run is Sunday, they moved it a couple of years ago. Sure youll have done the same distance by the end of the weekend!!

Comment

Nothing like a haka to get the heart pumping of a morning.............mine's bouncing round the living room floor.
                        New Zealand's first Haka at Rugby World Cup 219 - YouTube

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........you'll be grand. When Jenny did her first Great North Run (admittedly only 13 miles) she hid in a toilet for 15 minutes having a rest.
                        As for your man.........its all very odd. Wonder if she was safer with him than at home.

Once the game's over we're going for a late brekkie and getting some pictures reframed.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening...how's it going folks? Just dipping in to say hello xx

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Evening...how's it going folks? Just dipping in to say hello xx
                            How's it going your end?
                            After the match this morning stress has abated here.............decided on Kentucky fried chicken and a DVD tonight.
                            And an extra hour tonight...........bring out the winter woolies

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............good luck tomorrow. :applouse:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good luck a Mhaire!! Thinkin of you tomorrow!all good Jacks...Just away with Jilly for a while...Best of craic!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............good luck tomorrow. :applouse:
                                Thank you JC! going to head to bed shortly. Early start but the clocks change to its a big bonus! Is it 2022 that we stop changing them?

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Good luck a Mhaire!! Thinkin of you tomorrow!all good Jacks...Just away with Jilly for a while...Best of craic!!
                                Thanks Molly.. How was the birthday?

Wondering how MrS and YS are doing this week, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] & [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]? Both were in a good place last time we heard.:fingers:

Great day for your hike tomorrow Rustop.

Night all! XXX

Comment

Working...
                                X