October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Hi lovely Nora!!! How's things going? And how's your mum? Are you missing having the Steppers thread? (I miss reading it!)
    And missy M off in nooyowk!! Lucky wagon ..haven't been there..did you bring the kids?
    Yes lovely here but home today:-((
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION].........don't be a stranger........:blowkiss:
      Bewdiful autumn day just like it should be.............the colours this year are astounding.
      It feels weird that I haven't got a workman thumping around the house. Although with the plasterer and the painter I'm very good a limbo dancing under ladders to get to the toilet.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I miss the Steppers too I must admit waves to all the Army
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly and Nora, good to see you both. Don’t be strangers, we are missing a lot of our troops. Love your tag line Pauly “I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me". That really sums it up, one drink and we all know what tomorrow would feel like. ��.

Welcome back Molly, lovely break and so nice to get away with your daughter. Who are you away with Mary? I did that trip with my daughters about 10 years ago when they were teenagers. Exhausting, all that shopping! Beautiful autumn day here and got a lovely long walk in.

Comment

Evening all ..... Dingle was divine.
            Yes Mr G - musicians just arrive & play.
            Mary Black & her son ( Danny from Coronas) were down for trad festival.

Cool as you like in Foxy John's pub ....... where you can rent a bike, buy wellies or even a drink :haha:

Last edited by satz123; October 30, 2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Foxy John's looks like a happening place.

Yes Molls - I really do miss the Stepper's thread. It was part of my life for so many years so I'm feeling a little lost. :topsy_turvy: I'm sort of wandering around visiting everyone else. Everyone is very, very welcoming. Thank you very much.
              Thanks for asking about my Mum. She just turned 92. Just a slow, sad decline. Alzheimer's/Dementia is just a horrible disease. But, we are very lucky because she is still sweet.

I need to read back to catch up with everyone here. Sounds like you all have been busy though. Marathons?
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]...I am so sorry you are feeling lost without our thread. What can we do to help you?

Comment

Good morning everyone. :hug: [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION] , Know the time zone might not be perfect for you but pop in here every day, we are delighted with the company. I find just having a base helps. Now we don’t expect you to run marathons or climb mountains. We love pootling and hanging out on the couch too.

Hi Rusty, welcome too. Dull grey morning here, miss when the kids were small and we had all the excitement of Halloween. Ah well, such is life, times change. Going to chance a short walk if the doggies agree.

Comment

Morning,
                    [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]@paulywogg@Rusty.......:hug:.........you know you're all more than welcome here. Perhaps we could come up with a new name to merge the Steppers and the Army.
                    [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........that wee shop reminds me of one we've got on our high street. It had been owned by the same family for over 100 years.The whole of Newcastle nearly went into meltdown when it went up for sale..............luckily its been bought by another family that have kept it exactly the same. It doesn't have the bands, or the beer but you can buy just about everything.
                    And a..............

Just got to pick my broomstick up from the garage (it was getting re-twigged) and a few treats and we're ready to go.
                    TBH we've had very few visitors over the last few years so end up eating all the goodies ourselves.

The new curtains arrived and after all the fuss and carry on...........I hate them Back to the drawing board.

Few phone calls to make, a bit of shopping my life if beyond exciting.
                    Attached Files
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Rustytop & all to come.
                      Just here lolling with my doggie. I love her so much it's mad..... and MrS - well it's really a sight to behold It's how we'd be with a full-time grandchild I suppose.
                      [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] you must stay here and we will mind you Nora. Consider this your home from now on :hug: We talk funny but you'll soon get used to it.
                      [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] I didn't get to congratulate you - WELL DONE!!!! inkele:- what an achievement - my head hurts when I think of all those miles .....

Comment

The new curtains arrived and after all the fuss and carry on...........I hate them Back to the drawing board.
                        X-post :
                        JC get a blind - much less fussy than curtains ....

Comment

Just another foreigner popping in to say hello! :checkin:

Comment

Hello all foreigners and visitors...yeah...what about an amalgamation??? Sounds good to me

Hate curtains..got wooden shutters and I love them madly
                            Back to work today..only got in just before midnight...bit washed out!

Comment

You are amazing with your wee mam Nora...dunno if I could have done what you're doing. Xxx

Comment

VISITORS! YAY! LET'S SHOW OFF!
                                We used to get in such trouble for showing off in front of visitors when we were kids. Mum would give us this taut smile and we knew we were for it when they left so we'd go bush while they were saying goodbye at the car.

Look at you sneaking off to the Canaries there Molly. That's one thing I miss about everything being so close. One of our German visitors left work today and I actually found myself apologising for the length of time she'd be on the plane home to Munich. Just told her to take Valium and try her best to sleep. Jesus it's a long flight. I just about burst into tears when I see the Harbour Bridge coming in so I can get off that shitting plane.

How are you going Nora, Pauly, Rusty and Jude? I always thought there were great discussions happening on the Steppers.

I wonder what sort of shopping Mary will be up to there? Melbs is the best for shopping here in my opinion.

I'm coming off another medication now. This no drinking thing is working quite a treat. No high blood pressure, a lot less fat, no depression, much less gut upset, more money to spend on nice things. Yes, I believe I will stay.

Right, off for a read then to nod. Night all! Come more often visitors!
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X