October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Love the multi culture too.. guy beside me in work is from India. They just got the keys to his new house so hes invited us all over for dinner tomorrow night. They've been cooking all week, bringing in tasters, its delicious :happy2: He was telling us yesterday how he met his wife just once, for 5 minutes, before they married. They are very happy now.. makes you wonder!

Had a drinking dream a couple of months ago.. it freaked me out. Last night I dreamed that I forgot my marathon number.. I woke up in a terrible sweat altogether!

Sorry to hear about YS [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. heartbreaking to be around
    Last edited by IamMary; October 3, 2019, 06:02 PM.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening All,
      Can hand hold indeed JC. Probably need a filling for the first time soon. Actually I think I said that before.. The bits continue to fall off the body here.

Mulitcultural society brings with it the BEST food. That alone is worth it :happy2:

We have a long weekend here this weekend and its a good feeling.
      Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; October 4, 2019, 04:58 AM.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        Evening All,
        Can hand hold indeed JC. Probably need a filling for the first time soon. Actually I think I said that before.. The bits continue to fall off the body here.

Mulitcultural society brings with it the BSET food. That alone is worth it :happy2:

We have a long weekend here this weekend and its a good feeling.
        Oh Bridge - I agree so much - -- I live in one of the most multi-cultural towns in the Dublin region - and the amazing ethnic food stores that have appeared.. and (with the exception of some vile older people - always older people -- ) the opening of our culture to every race and their customs - food - enthusiasm -- it's fabulous - and of course there are some teething problems (it's a very very new first generational aspect in Ireland - unlike America or Britain) but the next generation -- fabulous - the studiers and achievers that come into the library are more often than not non-Irish... and they grabbing every opportunity whereas a lot of our own sad snowflakes just take it all for granted!
        As for choice... if it were a choice between guarding our literary heritage or homing the homeless -- yeah - I could see the need for some trade off -- this is not that - this is disposing of books to put in business facilities... shocking..
        Now I'm getting off my soap box and returning to some semblance of tranquillity (despite the puddle on the kit hen floor!!!)

Good morning everyone!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning everyone. Survived the storm, not bad at all this part of the country. Even got a walk in this morning albeit in the rain but at least not cold.

Yes yes yes re the food Bridget, enjoy your long weekend. Sorry it’s still ongoing with young Satz and absolutely lovely the painting of Miss Rosie. Waves to everyone else, off to crochet class now.

Comment

xpost Rusters -- had to read back about YS -- like I said like a broken record Benjy - nothing much you can do.. indirectly I'm looking at similar with our pal who's down in rehab... few little stories Joe has told me that he said -- I just 'know' he hasn't got it...………… not a chance...………..doubt if he'll even last the 28 days down there... it has to be all or nothing - and you have to do it yourself.
            If you have a heart problem - you can go to a heart doctor and THEY will fix it.. or any physical problem - there is someone to go to...……… with addiction initially - you really only have yourself and your own head - cos NO ONE knows the truth of your relationship with your addiction - you can bullshit to your hearts content.. there's no 'proof' like a gammy heart or a broken leg...………… and until there is COMPLETE and utter resignation and admittance of no control after that first drink - you may as well piss in the wind.

jaysus I'm on another soap box --- ffs --- GET ME DOWN!!!:egad:

Comment

Morning and nightie night, Bridgeeeeeeeee.
              Dentist at 11 zero hours and heart is in mouth. Surprised you can't hear my heartbeat, I'm a bit more anxious as its the dentist I normally have has moved to the other practice so this one is new to me.
              The weather over the Pennines is appalling.........it looks like we've got an hour or so to poke our heads out of the door without getting drenched. I don't really care someone else is cooking all weekend.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........I :heartbeat: our differences and different cultures and not just for the food. Our ancient old covered market is full of street food vendors from all over the world. It was dying five years ago and its got a new life.
              We're a university city with students from all over the world and they're paying.

Gotta dash. Blooming parking is a nightmare.

I've prolly crossposted a squillion times............will reply more before we jet off.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well, that was harmless. I've got to go back in three months to see the dentist and see the dental hygienist beginning of next month.
                He's Irish and he's adorable and about 15 years old. We will get on well, I think.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] and anyone else...........its when you start being brutally honest with yourself.
                I used forever comparing myself with others and thinking 'well I'm not that bad' and that word 'yet' comes to mind. Its progressive.
                Its not how much we drank but the whys or even how much. If someone is obsessed with that one glass of wine or whatever it is when they drink when they get in from work and its on their mind all day.........there's something gone awry.

Just going to have a hot chocolate, zip the bags and going.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  Well, that was harmless. I've got to go back in three months to see the dentist and see the dental hygienist beginning of next month.
                  He's Irish and he's adorable and about 15 years old. We will get on well, I think.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] and anyone else...........its when you start being brutally honest with yourself.
                  I used forever comparing myself with others and thinking 'well I'm not that bad' and that word 'yet' comes to mind. Its progressive.
                  Its not how much we drank but the whys or even how much. If someone is obsessed with that one glass of wine or whatever it is when they drink when they get in from work and its on their mind all day.........there's something gone awry.

Just going to have a hot chocolate, zip the bags and going.
                  WHERE you going? Is this the house swop with Jenny? Or that lovely place you put up the pitcher??? thought that was next year -- all confussed I am haha - you jet setter you!!

I think it's cos of that last point you made that may be one of the reasons Joe quit -- he didn't drink dangerously (tho a lot) -- but he did think about it a lot -- have a wunnerful time wherever the feck yer going?? x

Comment

On kindle with my fat fingers so please excuse spelling mistakes
                    In Carlisle. Mr. JC had the time off booked so swapped from Paris to dog friendly place in Cumbria. We'll still see The Prix de larc de Triomphe but in TV. Were just here for a long weekend .

Saved a fortune.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh lovely! Would love to be in Carlisle instead of here waiting for a shaggin plumber....enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        WHAT??? No sweating? No palpitations? I think our little girl is growing up and getting very brave. Have a sweety.
                        Enjoy your time away. You will be much happier with Bess with you rather than poncing around in Paris without her. I'm miserable when my dogger's not with me these days.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

That's exactly it with addiction. Admittedly it helps to register concern and stop enabling others if you are. I've enabled a lot of folks in my time by just not being brave enough to say something (and feeling like a hypocrite if I do) But at the end of the day it has to come from within.
                          I think it's probably the biggest opportunity for personal growth that there is, getting sober. Especially when you have a truly shitaceous experience but still work through it without a substance. Sounds absurd, but it's a gift in disguise. That's when you really learn something about your yourself and your strengths.

God I hope YS gets there for everyone's sake Satzy.

Oh yes, Good morning all!
                          Anyway, I'm in my Saturday morning happy place here. In bed with coffee and the dog. It's raining, which we really need, so a lazy morning is on the cards. And all the beautiful birds are out enjoying the drizzle so I'm going to lay here and enjoy them without a pounding head and birdcage mouth.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning..less of the stayinbed opportunity here bridge... off to work for me...still waiting for hurricane Lorenzo which never arrived

Comment

Thank goodness for that Molly! Have a productive day at work.
                              I hope Carlisle is treating you well JC. Perhaps without the haggis breakfast though.

I've off to my perch for the night.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Goodnight all..went to see Joker in cinema...fabulous!!! Car acting up and kit hen still leaking so dearly beloved cranky as fuck...so in the bed out of firing range!!

Comment

Working...
                                X