Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Good morning Army -- back better - car back - not dying! today is going to be a GREAT day...……….
    Good Woman :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      I'm glued to Downton. On Season 6 and sad already that it'll soon end
      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] I'm out of work after having shoulder surgery, and am binge watching Downton. Just started season 3 and loving it! :biglaugh:

Comment

Good morning Ladies!!!!

We got on in a polite fashion when we met - weddings, funerals etc. : we wouldn't be bosom buddies but we were ok. That boat has sailed now.
        In fact neither of my brother's wives bothered to go see my mother and she's in care home a year. So they both can f*ck off for all I care.
        Even if you hated your MIL you'd go at least once ....
        Total lack of disrespect for their husbands and especially their MIL. Hope they get the same treatment from their DIL's. First of all, our elderly people deserve our respect no matter if we don't have the best relationship with them. Secondly, we set a good example for the next generation of how to treat older people (that will be us in a few years).
        Good for you on going to the funeral, Satzy. Again, showing respect for the deceased. Respect, unfortunately is something that is slowly but surely dying in this country among the younger generations because they have not been taught it. Nuff said.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        I had a bit of a major health scare in the last wee while and finally got an all-clear today... the relief... jaysus - always thought if I got to be 60 I'd be well accepting of popping my clogs - just found out -- I ain't -- I really really want to hang around for another while - at least long enough to enjoy being a mad aul wan dressed in purple ;-)
        Glad to hear all is well, Molls. As for being 60 - I'm 67 - in one of the best phases of my life - last time I felt this good, I was in my 40's. I am looking forward to many more years of enjoying life - hopefully will make it to my Mom's age - she turns 90 next summer and is still going strong. Goes out almost every day with her partner for coffee, lunch, brunch, whatever. You have to make an appointment to catch her at home for a wee chat. Hopefully I will have continued good health and be able to enjoy many more years.

Having a hectic week here. Looks like I will have to hire a girl to help me with office work, not the sales part of my job. Just more than I can handle. Too much bookkeeping, etc. for me to keep up with. Madness here - but in a good way! The market has suddenly opened up after the recent elections and things are hopping.
        Hope you're all having a great day!!

Where are those Army men, anyway?
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning,
          Late check-in as I've got a really bad case of grumpiness.
          Sick to the back teeth of strangers (nice as they are) in the house. I normally only have people who I've either given birth to, people I like or blood relatives. Its just got to me today.

And to top it all the new series of Vikings doen't start 'til December. They told me October. Back to The Tudors....sigh.

Sounding good there our, Molls. I'll take a leaf out of your book and start your way tomorrow...........I'm a lost cause today.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], lovely to see you.....when this house is finished it'll give Downton Abbey a run for its money ...........or there'll be trouble.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]....you certainly don't look it or act it.

Back to huddle round the wee heater if Bess moves her backside. There's a bitter wind and I can't put the heating on as its drying out the plaster too quickly.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Morning,
            Late check-in as I've got a really bad case of grumpiness.
            Too grumpy to make us a cake? inkele:ink:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
              Too grumpy to make us a cake? inkele:ink:
              Never.............

Its must be healthy as its got fruit in it.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Never.............

Its must be healthy as its got fruit in it.
                Ah Jackie, darling. Only you could come up with a cake that's beautiful, healthy and in my colours!!! Now everyone can have a piece and help me celebrate!!!!

Comment

Evening All,
                  I'm glad your health scare passed Molly. It is a bit of a shock to the system isn't it? All the what-ifs. It's good to hold that gratitude and take it forward with you if you can. Being sober again has given me a massive gratitude transplant.

Not long to go now JC. There can't be a square inch left untouched.

Where is your girl off to Rustop? Isn't it nice to be trusted to be driver? There was a time when this house just made their own plans around me knowing after a certain hour I wouldn't be able to drive.

Thanks for the recommendation there Mary. I'm down to Nigella re-runs at the mo.

Right, off to bed with me. Nodding off as I type.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I thought I could smell cake!

on your 4 years AF Stirly!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am so sorry, Stirly. I had my head so far up my own backside that I didn't notice your sober birthday.

Well done and congratulations. No mean feat four years.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] I'm out of work after having shoulder surgery, and am binge watching Downton. Just started season 3 and loving it! :biglaugh:
                        Oh Judy - it gets even better !!!

Comment

Congratulations on 4 years Stirly!!!!:thumbsup:
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Stirls -

HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY !! inkele:inkele:inkele:

Comment

Oh and at last Leo's gone to beat the shit out of Boris in private :harhar:

Comment

Oh and at last Leo's gone to beat the shit out of Boris in private :harhar:
                                Ha ha. Congratulations Stirly, you sound fantastic and are a great advertisement for aging and the alcohol free life. Daughter lives in Norway Bridget so only a flying visit. That reminds me where is Anon? She also had a daughter living over there. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow JC and just think you will have all winter to nest and completely enjoy your refurbished house. Did not have a late pick up Mary, around 11. Great to be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X