Re: Super Sober Shout Out October 13th 2019

Shouting out......
      1540 days or 220 weeks
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Slo View Post
        Woo-hoo! Congratulations, [MENTION=22013]A new page[/MENTION]!

Yes, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], it wasn’t easy to wrap my head around the fact that I had become addicted to alcohol, when I used to not be! Although, I was always very needy around it. I love coming here where I feel less alone in this.

64 weeks for me. Waves to all!
        [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] - you'll never be alone here. On here there are like-minded people who KNOW what it takes to get sober and can share our triumphs with us.
        An important part of the process I believe, is to continue to remind ourselves of what we have achieved.
        It's easy to forget how bad it had really been ...... and that's the slippery slope.
        WE ARE FAB !!! inkele:

Comment

Originally posted by A new page View Post
          1800 days! Happy sober Sunday all! :sohappy:
          Looks like you've got another roundy number coming up soon - 5 years! Great job!
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Shouting out a day late - 2141!!! Yay, me.

Congratulations on 4 years, [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] - an amazing accomplishment! Freedom is what it is all about!

Love the roundy, ANP - congrats to you, too!

Comment

Yup, I sure don’t feel alone here with you all, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! But out in the world, it can feel strange when “everyone else” can drink booze like as if it’s just a beverage instead of a drug.

Congratulations on FOUR FULL YEARS, [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]!! That is magnificent.
              Last edited by Slo; October 14, 2019, 11:52 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slo View Post
                Yup, I sure don’t feel alone here with you all, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! But out in the world, it can feel strange when “everyone else” can drink booze like as if it’s just a beverage instead of a drug.

Congratulations on FOUR FULL YEARS, [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]!! That is magnificent.
                Ah [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] never ever envy others being able to drink alcohol - it is a poison - that taken in its purest form would kill you in minutes.
                It's us who are the lucky ones - because as 'raving alkies' we are spared downing the poison regularly and avoiding God knows what health issues.

Now there's my twisted logic for the day :haha:

Comment

Working...
                X