November 2019: International Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 2019: International Army

Satz you just need to trim down the other shoe.
    Tight jeans. Why did we ever think it was a good idea? I remember a story about a woman who used to lay on the back seat of the car while her husband drove them out because she couldn't bend.

Half the state and most of Queensland are on fire here. Not one drop of rain and 36 degrees today although it was more than that where I was. I think we're in for a long, destructive summer. Can't believe that Jude is expected a foot of snow at the same time!

Wondering about Paddy too. I suppose my worst fear is to finally get on top of this once and for all only to find it's too late and I've done myself an irreversible mischief.

I hope the foster puppy is OK Rustop. I love the doggers so much.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well it looks like the bulk of the storm stayed North of us and we only got a few inches of snow.

So sorry to hear about the fires Bridget... wish that I could send you buckets of water!

That's wonderful that you foster dogs Rustop, but it must be so hard to give them up when the time comes for them to go elsewhere. :sorrow:

Comment

I kinda like the higher waisted jeans cuz I don't hafta keep pulling them up when I bend over! Not tight those eww gross! I remember after I had my youngest daughter I was desperate to get outta stretch pants so there I was 2 weeks after giving birth laying on the bed with pliers trying to wedge my fat ass into HUBS' jeans!! That was an awful memory you all stirred up with all this talk haha Jackie,ask one of the neighbors if they know what happened,Bridget hope you guys get some relief from the drought soon,Satz,I've had to put all of my good shoes high,I gave Spencer(new pup) a pair I didn't want anymore but of course he isn't interested in those
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, i'm an apple, not a pear. The high waisted jeans just means nothing fits in my hips and thighs. They're all mom jeans at this point anyway, with plenty of lycra.

Sorry for your fires, Bridget. Ours are just about out although we haven't had any rain yet. What a time.

And sorry, Satz. The shoes made me laugh...

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
            I gave Spencer(new pup) a pair I didn't want anymore but of course he isn't interested in those
            :hahaha: naturally

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post

And sorry, Satz. The shoes made me laugh...
              Thanks Pav :cuss: I have another pair of trainers - same deal - but that was when she was a cute puppy and we were very indulgent - so I bought a new pair!!
              Now she KNOWS the buttons to push for attention ....

Comment

Went to WW this morning & news is not good. Turns out it's NOT muscle :egad:
                Suffice to say my daily chocolate habit has taken its' toll ........ ( I suppose I really should not have been scoffing the residents' chocolate bickies)

I'm happy to report though that WW has really upped its' game since I was last there - with much more focus on getting healthy to lose weight instead of the other way 'round.
                I ALWAYS knew a banana - the perfect package - in it's own casing - not meddled with - could not be bad for you.
                So folks : like it or not expect to hear a lot of talk about food ( or lack of it) on here as I embark on this new project :haha:

Project Name :
                "The Get Skinny for June Wedding in Portugal Project" :llama:
                Last edited by satz123; November 12, 2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Half the state and most of Queensland are on fire here. Not one drop of rain and 36 degrees today although it was more than that where I was. I think we're in for a long, destructive summer. Can't believe that Jude is expected a foot of snow at the same time!

Wondering about Paddy too. I suppose my worst fear is to finally get on top of this once and for all only to find it's too late and I've done myself an irreversible mischief.
                  Bridge that's shocking re fires. HArd to believe when it's bloody freezing here. Hope it get sorted soon :hug:

Re. Paddy. He was apparently a 'divil' in his day. Drank like a fish. No-one knows the full story and he forgets sometimes when I ask him.
                  He was a detective and there was a lot of ducking & diving from what I gather

He was diagnosed with dementia Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome : aggressive episodes : excess alcohol.
                  He's told me himself his liver is fecked - so I think he just admitted himself 23 years ago to get away from nagging by his daughters when his wife died.
                  He's a bit of a loner ( can't blame him for that ) & just marches around and tries to steal kisses from any woman near him :haha:

Bridge - have full bloods done to ease your mind about anything lurking ?
                  Last edited by satz123; November 12, 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Satz - I'll be following your "The Get Skinny for June Wedding in Portugal Project" posts closely.
                    I MUST lose more than a few pounds!

Bridge - I'm so sorry to hear about the fires. It's just awful.

Hope everyone is having a happy day/night.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............been thinking about Queensland a lot. Fair few on my mother's side of the family emigrated to down under during the 50s and early 60s most of them settled in Queensland. They were part of the 10 pound poms. Ten Pound Poms - Wikipedia
                      My mum went out your way in 1986 for six weeks.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] .........got a nice hat, size 10 dress and shoes that have only been worn once (small heel)............I'll give you a lend.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all...long day..thankfully over..who's on this diet? And who's getting married in Portugal? Missing someting?????
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          [MENTION=9170]
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] .........got a nice hat, size 10 dress and shoes that have only been worn once (small heel)............I'll give you a lend.
                          JAcks I told you last time I got into size 10 was 1978...... :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Evening all...long day..thankfully over..who's on this diet? And who's getting married in Portugal? Missing someting?????
                            I am Molls - out of control on sweet stuff - had to take action and be accountable each week.
                            I've a huge family wedding in Portugal next year.

Comment

The part of the brain that loves alcohol loves sweets, too, [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], so while you're frustrated, at least it isn't WEIRD! It's interesting, though, how people don't all develop the same "other" addictions. For example, gambling lights up the brain similarly and I HATE to gamble. When people have by-pass surgery and the "high" from food is gone, alcoholism is sometimes one of the unintended consequences. Some people love sugar and coffee after they quit drinking, others have no interest. I guess the thing is to find your rewarding substance or activity that makes you feel good in the long run.

A wedding in Portugal sounds quite exciting and posh!

Comment

Night everyone. Very long day, not long home from Pilates. Great to have the wedding as an incentive, I too have a sugar addiction but cannot seem to motivate myself. Beginning to really enjoy the Pilates. The fires are horrendous Bridget, hope it soon comes to an end.

Comment

Working...
                                X