November 2019: International Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 2019: International Army

Morning all. Mary agree with your decision, sounds much more fun.

Molls I feel your pain with work stress. Its awful and it does cloud the whole life.

Rustop your life with your dogs, crochet and hiking sounds bloody perfect and fostering to boot. You are living my dream

We have been giving the wonderful (not) task of hosting Christmas this year. Absolutely not a fan in any shape or form and also worried about buying booze for the others etc./ So said to Mr S we could get them to bring their own booze, we will cook. He thought that was a fantastic idea and was delighted about the fact that we would be drinking ginger beer and cloudy lemonade (his fav) It is lovely not having booze in the house at all and even lovelier to get stuff done! He has really got into taking the dogs out and has now built a better bond with our nervy lurcher. I think they are both reaping the benefits of him not drinking.

Doing sod all this arvo just watching season 3 of the Crown. Bliss.

Comment

Jenny sounds like a lovely young lady (god that makes me feel so old!)

Comment

Just saying goodnight all..talk tomorrow xx
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...........she takes after her mother for looks and brains and height from her father. She's 5'8"............s'not fair.
          Yep tell 'em to bring their own and let them take the leftovers home.
          Try Fentimen's new sparkling raspberry.........in fact I :love: fentimen's anything. Fever Tree 's good as well apart from the rhubarb and tonic one ..........that was just weird.

You sound done in, Molls. Sleep well. :hug:
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Done in here too - worked all weekend.
            In the leaba now zzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Your right Rustop, even the gang last night had finished up at 1. Plenty of wine apparently. We are not that far behind, half century is looming :egad:

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              ..........ended up reading a Bunty annual from 1990. There's a Beano one waiting for me tomorrow.
              I LOVED the Bunty. My inlaws bring out the Beano every week, none of mine really read it anymore, but we dont have the heart to tell them (dropped so many hints!)..

Originally posted by starty View Post
              We have been giving the wonderful (not) task of hosting Christmas this year. Absolutely not a fan in any shape or form and also worried about buying booze for the others etc./ So said to Mr S we could get them to bring their own booze, we will cook.
              Daunting Starty, but oddly Ive always found the day itself grand in the end. Theres so much going on, its a bigger distraction than a normal day. We had close to 1 million last year (my entire clan) and had a huge array of non alcoholic drinks as I was not the only non drinker.
              We should do a list coming up to it. Adding things like lime and ginger give it an edge for the day thats in it..

Night all.. Good not to have the fear on Sundays!
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning and waves to all time-zones.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........there's still Bunty 1991 & 1992 to read
                And there's a Beano annual from 1966............its Mr JC's. I think he'd throw a proper hissy fit if that went in the bin.
                I saw the John Lewis Chrimbo advert for the first time last night and cried buckets.

Reading FB a name popped up.....I knew him from when I worked at Lifeline (which has changed its name for the third time in the last five years)......... He was one of those who was so in denial, so full of resentments and so much anger that even his key worker thought he really was a hopeless case. He's just celebrated a year clean and sober.
                Never give up on giving up.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Geneology lesson was fun, Mary but I won't be one of these that tells non family members about it. Like people who want to tell you about their dreams all the time ( yes you, dumb-arse boss)

This is a photo of the relatives' farm last night. The rural fire service is trying to save the houses and have made a fire break. What a nighmare for them.

JD1 (002).jpg
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........good grief.
                    My heart goes out to all.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      This is a photo of the relatives' farm last night. The rural fire service is trying to save the houses and have made a fire break. What a nighmare for them.
                      OMG Bridge, thats nuts. Are they all ok?
                      On the Dreams, I find an authoritative "it means you have suppressed sexual desires" shuts up all dream analyses.

Lovely story [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], 1 year is solid.
                      I was quite bitter im my head too. The unfairness of it all. Suppose it is a bit unfortunate, but so are terminal diseases and lots of other stuff..

Working skiving from home. I think I would be 20 stone if I was here every day.

Later.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening everyone. OMG Bridget that is horrific, those poor poor people. Puts things in perspective. We have little to complain about. Work today so playing catch up this evening. Have started watching I’m a celebrity get me out of here with my daughter. It was one of the shows I used to watch with them when they were in school.

Comment

Good evening folks -- that's shocking Bridge... fire is such a terrifying element isn't it... hope to god your relations are ok and their house etc is ok as well...

omg I hate when people start telling me their dreams - big pet hate!!! (along with all my other big pet hates )

Had a few things to remark on and now forgotten all about everything.. have a lovely evening folks
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Army

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Nothing interesting to share from here.

Bridge - those fires are just horrible. :sad:
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hola all,

Had an interesting dream last night. Went to tell my workmates but they wouldn't listen, so thought i'd share it here.......There was this crucifix and an egg floating down a river of gold. Then out jumped a bear who proceeded to...........geez, that's all i remember. Thanks in advance.

Jonesy, hope your relo's are ok and their house survives.

Hope all are good.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning,
                                Haven't watched I'm a Celebrity for years and started Sunday night..........its fab. Mind you, its only two days in and I do recognise at least four of the celebrities. Caitlyn Jenner is a sweetheart.
                                Freud wouldn't be able to make sense of my dreams and I talk in my sleep so Mr JC knows what's been going on before I wake up.

Right I've got 19 layers of clothes on so off to the shops...........minus 2C.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X