Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 2019: International Army

Morning again,
    [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].........you are so right.
    [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]........how's the kidneys?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So sorry about your pup Nora. :huggers: I know how hard it is to let go, but in the end euthanasia is the kindest thing to do for our longtime companions and friends. Wish that we could do the same for our human loved ones.

Waves to everyone here in the Army!

Comment

Evening all... just in from work - it's been a long day.. how's Nora? No news from this end.. still a bit of an infection but I'm okay...

We are holding Tilly's birthday party here on Sat so there's feverish activity going on in the background - each evening I come home the furniture is re-arranged and more cakes baked... thank feck I go to work or I'd be stuck with it all!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ah [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are all doing ok today.

Christmas trees are popping up everywhere.. Im a mid Dec person but kids putting serious pressure on.

Enjoy the party prep Molls
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
            We had to put our dog to sleep today. As we were at the vet, I had a thought. Here we are surrounding Molly with all our love, telling her goodbye & holding her as she gently went to sleep........and yet we let people suffer.

And now I'm off to continue crying. She was almost 13 years old. Could hardly walk, had already lost one eye and was almost blind in the other, was almost deaf but she was still doing ok. Was fine this morning and then suddenly couldn't walk or respond at all and was crying. Maybe it was a stroke?
            Nora, I’m so sorry about your dog. Sending you big hugs my friend! I searched/stalked your profile to see where you are because I couldn’t find the steppers thread. Found you here! Xoxo
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning,
              Shout out to our Bridgeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Got into a tradition years ago that the tree goes up the second last Saturday/Sunday before Christmas when the kids were young. They were worn out and cranky with excitement by the time the big day came if we did it any earlier.

Molls, can't believe that the wee one is nearly two. :egad:

Lovely to see you, Nursie & Jude. Don't be strangers.

Got to get out while back is playing nicely. Need a new hot water bottle. Sitting watching TV last night wondering why I felt a bit damp. Mine had sprung a leak.

Sending big hugs to our Nora. :hug::hug:
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Morning,
                Shout out to our Bridgeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Got into a tradition years ago that the tree goes up the second last Saturday/Sunday before Christmas when the kids were young. They were worn out and cranky with excitement by the time the big day came if we did it any earlier.

Molls, can't believe that the wee one is nearly two. :egad:

Lovely to see you, Nursie & Jude. Don't be strangers.

Got to get out while back is playing nicely. Need a new hot water bottle. Sitting watching TV last night wondering why I felt a bit damp. Mine had sprung a leak.

Sending big hugs to our Nora. :hug::hug:
                Morning everyone. Glad it happened on the sofa JC and not the bed lol. Yea where is Bridget? Just back from a long walk, so good to get out and it is not raining. Off to crochet class in a few minutes, we also have our Christmas workshop tomorrow so happy days.

Comment

I'm here!!! It's getting stupid busy in Chez Jones and out.
                  Nora, I'm so sorry to hear about your pupper. I am actively terrified of that day, How incredibly sad for you all.

I'm going to tumble into bed now because I'm exhausted. I'll doa big catch up tomorrow over breaky on the deck.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all! yup young 'Taalda' as she calls herself is 2 tomorrow! We've been party preparing all evening and the cupcakes are for tomorrow morning. All the lads are coming so it'll be a nice little get together of the family as well as all the pals..
                    thinking of going up to Belfast for the day Monday - I'm off for the day - took it off to do shopping but I think I'm well ahead of myself - so before himself heads off for his Spanish trip we may have a day out at the Christmas market... looking forward to that... How are you Nora? and all else??

Comment

I've just run around like a loon tidying the little bedroom as I thought Jenny was staying tonight...................its next week. Duh !!!
                      I did get a brand new hot water bottle. Very lucky it wasn't an hour later. :egad:
                      I'll prolly get three for Chrimbo.
                      Now this time next year remind me NOT to go to town on Black Friday. I'd forgotten all about it . No problem getting in but getting through the crowds to get out was a nightmare and I was only walking to the bus stop to come home.
                      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].....wish Taalda a very happy birthday for tomorrow.

There you are Bridgeeeeeeeeee.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Will do Jacks! - and now I've given the Toy Show all of 10 mins and can take no more -- I'm going to bed:happy2:

Night all - and think of me up at 7am making cup cakes ;-) xx

Comment

Had a big post written - lost the 'effin thing. FFS !!!
                          Later gaters

Have to run to work :llama:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            Had a big post written - lost the 'effin thing. FFS !!!
                            Later gaters

Have to run to work :llama:
                            Have a good day at work Satz. Morning everyone else, any cupcakes going Molly? Only watched a few bits of the toy show but it seemed very good. Up bright and early, going to my crochet Christmas workshop. Best thing I ever did was to start my crochet class, great fun, creative and made friends.

Comment

Morning,
                              Happy birthday to the little one. Save us a bit of cake, Molls.
                              Sorry about the lost post, Satz. Try copy all and paste if its a long 'un. Think it was Stirly taught me that.
                              Rusty, our crochet group just dwindled away. Lots of promises of 'we much catch up' just went the way of many things.
                              Off over to see the DIL. We have their advent calendar and its a cheese one.
                              Not be greedy or anything but I'm hoping Mr JC's got me this one............Diamond-a-day Advent Calendar | Beaverbrooks the Jewellers
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Still don't understand what black Friday is apart from a bloody annoyance at all the peopliness.

Happy birthday Taalda?? Better an early cupcake session than a hangover. Have a lovely party.
                                I'm ploughing through the pre christmas get togethers like a champ here. A surprising amount of my friends have pretty much given up alcohol since last year. This year I'm going straight down the line with ''I don't drink, it tastes like shit to me'' It works well. People look a bit startled but one thing I've learnt over the years is not to feck around when saying no. Leave no room for discussion.

Didn't ask the family over this weekend as punishment for their odious carry on last weekend. Point made.

Tomorrow will be a Potter-fest. A smorgasbord of pottery. Hard-core pottering for those in the business of raising pottering to the level of an art form.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X