Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2019: International Army

Evening All,

No, bugger that JC. You were good enought to live with for 7 years. The girl can get her arse over to see you when you ask. What about when she has kids? Do you get to see your grandkids? We all do it out of duty sometimes but we do it because families make an effort even when we don't feel like it.

I organised a three day workshop thing in an off-site location. Day 1 today. Can't even get online. Lugged all the food and stuff out there. Too old for this really. One of the participants did not know how to make instant coffee.

I'll repeat that.

He did not know how to make instant coffee and had to be shown.

Are we all looking forward to this generation looking after us in our old age?
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning from up over land,
      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............its like I had a crystal ball and predicted it. I should start reading palms. It was a mad idea to start with but it was done out of kindness so can't be criticised.
      I hope Joe and the other fella have a brilliant time.
      [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........you mean you didn't have the forethought to pack a cafetiere, specialized coffee (obviously a choice of beans)and a grinder.
      Is it because the instructions are just too simple. Has he tried taking a selfie with the jar, posting it on every social media site so others can gasp with wonder that coffee doesn't come from a shop in a cup with a lid.
      Remember only 16 days to your hollingdays.

If and when they have sprogs, I won't mind a bit of baby sitting if they want a night out but in no way am I becoming an un-paid childminder. If I'm honest I'm not that keen on babies and if I'm really honest I didn't want children but got persuaded............twice.

We do have an evil plan. Every Boxing Day we have a bit of do at our house. Basically left overs and vol-au-vents and we're dog friendly. MY SIL brings her leftovers.It is not compulsary...........we won't throw ourselves off the Tyne Bridge if no-one comes. But to honest its a good laugh as everyone is so much more relaxed.
      So when we drop off DIL's Ma & Pa's card we're inviting them. They're lovely and I suspect they're going through the exact same thing.

I'd better go. Mr JC is very uncomfortable with having nothing to do. He hasn't seen my list of 'small' jobs yet.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tbh I'm truly relieved he didn't go.. as you say - bonkers idea in the first place.. however - poor old L is in a terrible state tho according to Joe.. he told them yesterday that he goes to the supermarket a couple of times a week and buys 6 bottles of wine... then he stayed in R's house last night and R rang Joe about 11pm and reckons it's a day not a week -- he could hardly drink 12 bottles of wine a DAY --- could he??
        And the incredible thing is - he truly believes he is a 'different' sort of drinker to the rest of us...

Mr JC should get back to work QUICK before the list comes out:welldone:
        So what did you mean bout Stephen's Day -- that you're asking her parents but not her?

Not too mad on kids myself - think I prefer my grands than my own a lot of the time!!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

God no, they're all invited. I can't be that evil. The S&H will be at work........why any one would need to buy a settee the day after Christmas is beyond me.
          Ma & Pa in law used to do it so its sort of a tradition. They got a bit old for it so it used to be SIL now its me. Its not a chore and sooooooooooooooo much more relaxed.
          Love the fact that Aldi & Lidl have shut their doors for Christmas day & Boxing Day.
          Tbh honest the first time we had a proper chat was the wedding and they're lovely. Her Dad's not a drinker due to diabetes and a proper gent and her mother's a hoot.

Honestly 12 bottles of wine a day. A new one on me. Surely your stomach would explode with all that sloshing round.
          I remember my alcohol worker going through what I drank and proudly saying it was 'only' two bottles a day. Then he asked about anything else.........I'd 'forgotten' about the cheeky half bottle of vodka in I kept my knicker drawer, and the quick swig of port, or the sherry, or the slurp of Baileys.

Sent himself up to the local pet shop for bird feeder stuff and post a few things abroad. They've started knocking on back door pointing at their beaks and looking thin.
          When he comes back he can start on the lights for the garden.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Interesting bus [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! There will be no mistaking who's coming for a visit when I see that in my driveway! :harhar:

Comment

Afternoon all. Bet you are relieved Molly, at least Joe can now have some kind of a break. Hardly 12 a day :egad:
              Apart from being comatosed, how could he afford it?

That sounds lovely JC and as you say so much more relaxed. Just about to get ready for my evening out. Meeting one of the women and leaving car at her house. Christmas carols outside Trinity college, followed by meal and then concert. Probably be home by midnight.

Comment

Had a dash to Marks &Spencer and the MIL has got her presents. Helped by the fact I found a £45 refund voucher I remembered we had in the drawer..........so using women's logic that's free
                [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].............that sounds like such a lovely evening. I'm a tad jealous.
                Didn't get the lights up in the garden but there's a good few birds rather happy with the full bird feeders.
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].........waves to you.

Even Mr JC's struggling to work out how you can drink that much...........his comment was how could anyone drink that volume of anything.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I doubt it very much...tho it's rare enough for an addict to exaggerate!! Evening all....had a lovely peaceful day..then went shopping..got Simon's birthday pressie and a smashing pair of jeans for self...going out to dinner sat night with some workmates so I've somethin to wear...yes that evening sounds SMASHING Rusters..brought my mum to the carols by candlelight in Trinity a few times it was gorgeous
                  Catching up with celeb get me out...

Comment

Evening,
                    Uncle's funeral today. A very sad but funny in parts day and great meeting up with all the cousins. He was only 70
                    Hope the concert is brilliant tonight Rustop!
                    Mad about Joe's mate Molly, Joe will probably have a great few days now.

Imagine not knowing how to make coffee. If your kids cant make you a cuppa (tea), you have failed as a parent!
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I have a confession to make....Joe's mam and I were a bit distant ..nothing in common and in truth i didn't make much effort ..I was a bratty 18 yr old when I met her first...she used to not let me in her kit hen nor nothing...but one day she thawed a wee bit and asked me to make a pot of tea......errrrrrrr...not a CLUE! Not only did I not know how to make tea..I'd never even drank it!...the frostiness resumedosteroops:

Very young to die Mary ...poor man!
                      Joe's having a blast! I'd say they are like a pair of schoolboys escaped:happy2:

Comment

Just in from Rod Stewart gig in 3 Arena - was just BRILLIANT. I've loved Rod since I was 16 .... ( seems thousands of others did too )

He sang 'Grace' and it was beautiful. He is obsessed with that whole story of the Easter Rising in Dublin. 1916
                        He says he's going to Kilmainham Jail AGAIN on Friday - so I think I'll go too & stalk him :haha:

Great Joe is off having the craic Molls . Did the drunk guy just go home ?

Comment

Greetings from NY!
                          Checking in to see you fine folks over here.
                          Glad to be back on track and in a groove.
                          Off to bed I go!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning, was it proper tea with tea leaves? I'd have been snookered too.
                            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..............play your cards right and he might invite you up to play with his train-set.
                            I am railing: Sir Rod Stewart reveals his epic model railway city - BBC News

Mr JC had his physio this morning and a list a mile long to get stuff from the high street.

[MENTION=15947]Nursie[/MENTION], lovely to see you. Don't be a stranger and let us help you. :hug:
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening All,
                              Sorry to hear about your cousin there Mary. That's way too young.

Your night out sounds the bomb to me Rusters. Especially the getting home before midnight thing. I like it when people know how to call it a night (I can't believe I said that - of all people)

I see you've got a week+ up there Nursie. Heading in the right direction. You'll already feel a lot better I'm guessing.

Molly, I would love to know what that bloke did at the airport to not even make it to the boarding lounge. I can't help but giggle at the possibilities.

Everyone made their own coffee at the conference thingo today. So that's nice. One of the Africans complained that the food was too healthy and he needed some meat. That made me giggle. He roared ''Oh God no! It's vegetarian!" I ordered healthy tucker this time because of the previous moaning about trans fats and preservatives. I have to admit that I did it out of spite and I think they've learned their lesson now.

As for 12 bottles of wine a day..... I think I''ll leave that one well enough alone.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Apparently Elton John used some pretty full-on language at his concert here the othe night. Must Google that one.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X